“excellent hotel, wonderful view of niagra from your room”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Arlington, Virginia
“excellent hotel, wonderful view of niagra from your room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

excellent hotel with fabulous view of the falls from some of the rooms. Upgrade to a room with a view. The breakfast is great and the breakfast dining room has a front row view of the falls too. Rooms are clean and large. Can walk to niagra falls from the hotel. Parking at hotel costs 20 per night, but cheaper if you park at the casino next door. Better to stay on the canada side of the falls rather than the US side.

Room Tip: upgrade to a room with a view of niagra falls--it is worth it!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank henry c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,522)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I don't think I will ever stay in a high rise hotel after staying at the Embassy Suites in Niagara Falls. The only good thing about it was its proximity to the Falls. Since we didn't have a "Falls View" it didn't matter.
Problems:
#1 Parking. We didn't want valet parking but the rude attendant said - "Here's the deal. For $35 we'll put your car under cover and you can take it out as often as you want. For $25 we'll take your car off premise and we'll take you by van to get it back". Well, there's a no-brainer!

#2 Elevators. FIVE elevators for floors 9 through 43! We waited forever so many times.

#3. Snacks. Are you kidding? Chips, pickles, moldy carrots/dip, and tons of children reaching into the bowls with their hands.

Good things:

The breakfast was nice!

Our rooms were clean!

Bottoms line - I will never stay at an Embassy Suites again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
GRMEmbassy, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing this feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were disappointed in our offerings. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town.

Thank you.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

If you are only going to stay in Niagara Falls for 1-2 nights, a place in Canada with a direct view of the falls is the way to go.

Although our room only overlooked the Horseshoe Falls (and off to the side), it was still - THERE! Also, the hotel is situated at the top of the Niagara Funicular directly above the main Visitor Center.

The indoor pool is situated on an upper floor and has an OK view of the surrounding areas, plus is large for a hotel pool.

The price is more expensive than other hotels, but then how many other hotels have a direct overlook of the falls?

Room Tip: Rooms on the "North" side will have the best view of the falls (as well as viewing both Am...
1 Thank alexinalexandria2
Mt. Olive, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My family and I recently spent 2 nights at the Embassy Suites.
First lets talk about the positives, We had a room that had a view of both the Horseshoe and American Falls which was fantastic. Also the breakfast tasted pretty good and a decent selection. Get there before 8:00 to avoid long lines.

The hotel was also in a good location.

Now to the negatives:

As soon as we pulled up to the hotel it was a chaotic parking situation to check in. The only option you have was to valet park. Which is 35 a day. What we did was park down the street at the casino which charges 5 dollars each time you exit.

The lobby was swarming with people coming and going. At the front desk, they tried to get me to upgrade my room for additional cost. I felt I had already paid enough. Then we had to wait for the one elevator that went to our floor. Elevators in general are slow and limited for the amount of people in the hotel. All the rooms had big glass windows facing the elevator banks giving it a motel feel. We open the door of a non smoking room and guess what it smelled with a horrible stench of cigarettes. We immediately called the front desk and the only thing they offered to do was spray some air freshener. That helped for about ten minutes. It's disgraceful that more wasn't done by the hotel. So beware when they state this hotel is non smoking. Also this hotel stated that it had a mini refrigerator. This is not true. It comes with a "cooler". It was not feasible to use. The front desk told us to fill up the sinks with ice. That actually worked as long as you kept on replacing the ice.

The room is also outdated and worn looking.

In conclusion it was an ok stay but we will not be returning. I would probably try the Marriott next store next time.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank sgtpet
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

This place is generally well reviewed, and it does have it's benefits. The rooms are big and clean (although the carpet in our room was past its prime) and the bathroom was well appointed, plenty of towels. There is an in room refrigerator, but it was quite tiny and really wasn't more than a glorified cooler. The interactions I had with the staff were quite satisfactory, but then there is the reason I know this. Yep our room had a "fall's view" if you stood sideways in the window, or sat in the chair in the corner. From the bed, I had a lovely view of the tower hotel next door. I even got to wave at people having dinner - how fun - but not what I expected when we booked. On their website they have amazing pictures of the falls from the side of the hotel we stayed on - as good as the top tier price that allows you to see both falls. This is a lie. When I called to complain, I was told when he checked in my husband had been offered a "top tier" room for only $75 more (he nodded at this, but said they talked so fast, he had no time to think) and if we wanted, we could move to the front of the hotel to a room, with a Jacuzzi tub (something we, a family of five, had no use for) for only $85 more. Oh and that our room was better than "city view" which overlooks the parking garage. No thank you, we paid enough already.

I should have expected this because when we pulled up, the up sell began with the valet parking. For $25/day they will park your car in their garage down the street - the catch - from the hours of 7am to 2 pm, you will have to take a shuttle to the garage. That means when you check out, you haul your stuff on your own. For $10 more per night, you actually get real valet service. If it had just been a weekend jaunt for two, the first option would have been fine, but we weren't, and neither were 85% of the people checking in.

Overall this place was too crowded, and noisy. I won't even go into the zoo that is snack time - and oh my god - breakfast. During much of the day you could spend 10-15 minutes waiting for an elevator - more during the morning rush. (seriously, we split up just so we could finally all get down to the lobby). The staff did their best, and the woman who worked the section we lucked into at breakfast was truly amazing, but I would never, ever stay here again. Too expensive for what we had to deal with - and just not worth the hassle. I know not to go to this area in July again - and that was part of it - but when you combine the initial price with the up sell, with everything else - it was just not worth it.

Room Tip: For the best view of the falls, prepare to fork over the dollars. Side view is okay if you aren'...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Laurie S
Vaughan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

2 nights spent here.

The view was AWESOME. Probably and literaly the best of the Canadian (BEST) falls. We upgraded to a suite on the 33rd floor. First fireworks EVER..!! We were actually below...!!! WoW..!!

The hotel arrival is kind of chaotic. You'll be charged EXTRA for parking with valet. The alternative is not really worth it and they know it. Considering how much I was spending.. this was really distasteful.

With the Service I have to be very specific. Front desk, was good. Vallet was very good. Breakfast, poor leaning to bad, like really bad. The room maid.. was great..!!.. but there was an incident in particular I feel a need to share (a good one). My daughter (5 year old) was helping us with a bag of toys (on our way out) and then she dropped them. We were mortified because we all were carrying a bunch of stuff, when suddenly and without looking around or making sure anyone was around. A concierge (i guess, bell boy for old timers like me) who was on his way to the elevator with a big load of luggage from someone else noticed the accident. Stopped, helped my daughter pick up everything in a jiffy and again without turning around or asking for anything just left. All this happened in about a minute. I feel so bad I don't know his name. But it made my day that he just helped her without expecting anything (tip). I went to the car, borrowed $5 bucks from my wife and came back and gave them to him. I regret I didn't tell him why I was tipping him. He wasn't even aware why I did it. He didn't know I was the father of that girl. I should have brought it up, but they were really busy and we were leaving.. but man.. what an awesome guy. I'd say, the best experience I've ever had in service in Canada.

NOW, this hotel is just super-expensive. The suites are perfectly clean and nice, everything worked the way it was supposed to. No complains with the room. Other than the price. But well, I guess you can always say YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO STAY THERE.

Well, the snacks they offer are just chips, pretzel and carrots. Really poor selection. Lesser hotels (and way cheaper) have way better snacks. Including at least cookies. The juice is disgusting and the pop too sweet.

The breakfast buffett was totally at par with ALL THE OTHER HOTELS in Niagara Falls. From 1 star to 4. EXACTLY the same food. EXACTLY the same quality. Actually the hot cakes were awful.

The pool is equivalent to that of a 1-2 star hotel. Water is too "FRESH" maybe even a little cold. Not inviting. It's there so they can say they have a pool. If you look out the window, you can see Motels around with better pools.

Again to the room. It was nice, but we've stayed in way cheaper suites (we have kids so the suite is indispensable) with exactly the same quality and square footage for a third of what we spent here. (it was just sold out).

Bottom line: This hotel sells good rooms and then overcharges you for the view. Is it worth it? Well, if you have the money, and want to have actually a mesmerizing experience, spending time looking out the window and relaxing in your room. It's totally worth it. If not, don't strain yourself financially. You can totally visit Niagara Falls and experience it for way less money.

We have amazing pictures from our room. We had a great time because we didn't care about the lows. We tried to have fun in the pool, had snacks and enjoyed the view this hotel offers from almost any room. The arcades also were good and functional (which is great) and overall we had a great and MEMORABLE experience. If you are looking for a recommendation, regardless of the price, you got it. Stay here and will surely enjoy it (just keep a positive attitude).. just don't complain about the prices afterwards.

Room Tip: You will be asked to upgrade for even more money. Just think, you come to Niagara for the view.. so...
6 Thank Tech A
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Overall, we loved the location and and rooms. The beds and linens were extremely comfortable. The staff was very helpful from the front desk to the bell hop and valet. We had a great view of the horseshoe falls.

As with all of Niagara Falls in the summer months, it was very crowded. The wait for an elevator was long at times, but never excessive. The breakfast was crowded and sometimes the tables were full. To their credit, there is a large sign at the front desk and in guest services binder that indicates (red, yellow, green), when are the busy times for the breakfast buffet.

The valet is a bit expensive, but not un-ordinary for the area. I would do some research to find better options.

There were a lot of families with children at the hotel, so if you are looking for quiet adult time, this is not the place. We traveled with our 2 children, so it was not an issue for us.

1 Thank sandlkellar