Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Our family of 4 stayed 1 night over March Break and got the Family Fun Package. As expected, the hotel and surrounding area was extremely busy but did not feel crowded. We were upgraded at no cost to the top floor (at no extra cost) with an amazing view! Room was clean and as advertised. Kids loved the whirlpool tub as well. The pool was the only downfall, hazy and scummy with loads of chlorine. Other than that, the free drinks at reception and free buffet was quick and enjoyable! As stated before, park across the street for $5 and avoid the Valet ($30) or self-park ($25).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jason L

Reviewed May 6, 2014

It was OK - we spent extra for a view of the falls and that part was outstanding. As others have noted - the manager's reception is a stampede, same with breakfast. Too few elevators (good luck at check out time) Parking is a rip off (with the 'cheap' parking you get to stand in the drop-off area until they feel like driving you to the remote parking lot). Rooms are dated, fridge didn't work ($9.50 for a 1 liter bottle of water - really?).

Great view - downhill from there

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The view from the rooms, especially the upper floors, cannot be beat. The rooms are fine. BUT: 25 to self park and 35 for valet, 10 a day for internet, and the horrendous Canada tax will leave a bad taste in your mouth. We did not rent a car and took the WEGO bus, which usually would be fine but not when the air is 40ish and the wind 20ish and intermittent rain is happening. The Keg dining is as advertised and gives a great Falls view. The breakfast is typical Embassy Suites although for several days they didn't have bacon. It is also worth noting that parking is terrible in the downtown areas where a lot of the attractions are.

Room Tip: Get the fallsview room. Worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2014

We went for our 25th anniversary, we got engaged there under the Canadian Falls on the Maid of the Mist. Boy has it changed. Niagara on the Canadian side has grown up to act and look like a big city. Our hotel was perfect for us. There are many tourist sections in Niagara, Fallsview (where we were) Clifton hill where all the chain restaurants and many tourist attractions are, the bed and breakfast area and the whirlpool area (far out of town). The falls view was perfect for us as we wanted to view, listen to and walk to the falls and was close enough that we could walk to Clifton hill. We got a WEGO bus pass that was the best tourist investment we made. Leave the car and go anywhere we wanted to. Very clean, very safe, very efficient. The breakfast buffet in the hotel was crowded and they are correct about the warning about when to eat. It was a very good breakfast included in the room rate. The managers reception was extremely crowded and not worth going to unless you want to drink (alcohol). They start you off with free drinks and you can go from there. The concierge first wants to sell you a tour and then will help you if you say no. Free wifi in the lobby not in the rooms. Overall I liked where we stayed.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank nora1fenton2
Reviewed May 5, 2014

As far as Embassy Suites hotels go, this particular location was average at best. The view from our room was absolutely spectacular. Be sure to request a falls-view room for this reason alone - it is well worth it. The rooms were nice - the extra large Jacuzzi tubs with adjustable window views of the room and falls beyond added a nice touch. Other than that, everything else was somewhat of a disappointment.

I love staying at Embassy Suites when on vacation for the spacious and nicely furnished rooms, made-to-order breakfasts, happy hour treats, and overall quality. Here, though, the breakfasts were marginal and we were restricted to one alcoholic drink per adult guest during happy hour. Both events were overly crowded to boot. Rare was the time when all elevators were operational, making descending from the upper floors quite a time investment. Once, with luggage cart in tow, my wait was 20 minutes. As far as value is concerned, most things, including the room, were overpriced considering what you received in return. I can't speak to comparability with other hotels in the area, except that the Embassy Suites seems to trump them all in viewing proximity to Niagara Falls. When comparing it to other Embassy Suites, however, it falls short for what's inside the walls.

The issues may have stemmed from an unusually busy time, although I heard on more than one occasion that the crowds are typically large at this site.

I will say that most of the staff was friendly and helpful, especially the valet staff (although it didn't justify the $35 valet fee). One other plus is the hotel's locale - within walking distance of most downtown attractions, including the falls, and numerous restaurants and shops. So, was the trade-off worth it? Probably. On a return visit, though, I may try another hotel just to compare.

Room Tip: Falls-view rooms with floor to ceiling windows definitely worth the request and provide stunning vie...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We recently stayed here for a quick overnight romantic getaway. We have visited this hotel approx. 10 years ago. We have stayed in 4 hotels in the last 3 weeks. We travel to Niagara falls 2-3 times a year. We read the recent reviews but based on the Hilton brand, our previous stay and the fact that there are always some disgruntled folks it did not sway me. We had a travelzoo voucher for "a fallsveiw suite". I had changed the reservation once after changing the date and the intent to have a romantic night out. After checking in as I was walking away I said "this is a king right" the clerk just said "no" I reminded her I booked a king and she said "no your voucher is for two queens" when I showed her the voucher to the contrary she said "oh". After a lot of run around with her asking as previously mentioned for me email confirmation(which I never got from either reservation) I was stuck. When we got to the room and I saw the very small queen beds and spoke with a manager. She didn't even say sorry and made no effort to appease me or make their error right. She said they were completely booked. When I asked how that could be when I heard 5 other customers being offered the special "upgrade"(this is not special BTW as they always offer). She then said I could have a king bed on 10 floors lower with an obstructed view. No thanks. I have never stayed in a hotel when I did not get the room I RESERVED!!!!! We see the falls all the time so the view wasn't a deal breaker. It was the point of it.
I was also clear tat check in that I did not park on the property and therefore did not expect to be charged for this. Park at the casino as recommended. It is across the street. $5 or free if you sign up for the players card. Sure enough when I got me bill the next day I was CHARGED for parking. I went down to speak to the manager again(there were 3 others doing the same) and it was removed. He offered to send me a coupon for a future upgrade. I just wanted the room I reserved, paid for and to not be charged for services not used. Mistakes happen but based on reviews and first and observations these are not mistakes but deliberate acts. I should not have to do that ever and it is very clearly dirty dealings. This is one of the worlds greatest attractions and this hotel is taking advantage of people. Parking IS typically pricey in this area so if its your first time be aware.
I will never stay there again.
The room was adequately clean. Beds were comfortable and the furnishings were not worn. Not outstanding but perfectly fine. It is a great set up for families. We were aware of the tokens and water tricks so it wasn't an issue for us but again I am certain it was for unsuspecting travelers. I don't think you should need to be this wary of tricks and traps at a Hilton brand.
The cocktail hour was as described and free so there really should be no complaints. There really is a huge bowl of pickle spears which is just odd but my husband liked them...You have the option to purchase some more substantial offerings. We would have but the bartender was unwilling to answer an ingredient question for us so we took a pass. They put a bunch of pricy video games there to get parents to spend one way or another.
We did not swim but checked the area out. Nice, clean and looked fun. Looked like the kids were having fun. Definitely family oriented as the 2 hot tubs were full of kids.
The breakfast in the AM was crowded but it is free and the hotel IS large. The staff here were helpful and things moved along well I found the food to be quite good, always replenished, good selection...I was very pleased. You would easily pay $20 for the same elsewhere so this is an excellent value. Gourmet no...but good, tasty, varietal it did the job nicely. Almost made me forget the booking scam, parking scam and other money grubs.
I would not return here. The view from the rooms that you pay for our outstanding. We have stayed in the presidential suites here which have views of both falls. If this is your first and only trip to the falls, you get a GREAT deal then stay here. Otherwise try the Hilton, the fallsview casino or Four points and pay for the higher rooms out of the higher end hotels. If you want a view of the city with some river stay at the doubletree. That was by far the best family Niagara trip we have ever had( Out of 12)

Room Tip: All rooms are suites. The rates vary based on view, higher floor and the option of Jacuzzi/fireplac...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mel o
GRMEmbassy, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and guestroom assignment confusion of your recent stay. We know our guests enjoy the time they spend with us and want to make the most of the stay so will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with comfort and reservation accuracy. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you consider us again so we can make a better impression.

Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Was provided an awesome deal with a one night stay - received a great deal for dinner at The Keg, coupons for the casino, complimentary drink, snacks and breakfast - the entire experience was wonderful. If another deal is made available we will surely be back together with our friends. Thank you for a great time - we really enjoyed every minute of our short stay - will plan on staying for longer next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple