“Fantastic view; great value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #16 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Merritt Island, Florida
“Fantastic view; great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

Stayed 2 nights Valet was 5 minutes Great breakfast buffet (valued at approx. $15 in Niagara Falls) Great manager's party every day (essentially open bar for 1 drink per night and snacks)
They did not look for tips like so many large hotels do. Nice atmosphere for the 2 of us (age 60)
Great value when you consider the prices in Niagara Falls (expensive)
We'd stay again in a heart beat!!!!

• Liked — OVERALL value
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2008

The hotel itself was very nice and clean with a beautiful view. The downfalls were the Keg restaurant and the tour that we purchased. The Keg restaurant is a very long wait even with a reservation and the food was nothing to write home about and it cost us $120 with only 2 alcohlic drinks. The atmosphere for this price you think would be outstanding but think again really loud, crowded and disorganized.
About the tours they will try to talk you into the tour for you to go on the 1st full day that you are there which we stupidily did. The tour was nice and we had a very good tour guide but they very much over charged us. For one they told us that the price would be 130 per person, which you would assume is Canadian (since we were in Canda) but when you get you bill at check out you are charged 330 canadian for 2 persons. They also will tell you please just let us charge this to your hotel account so that you don't notice this problem until check out and the they said there is always confusion about this??? They want you to do the tour on your 1st day so that you can't see how much you are being over charged compared to other similiar tours- and we fell for it.

We would stay again at this hotel just wouldn't be so stupid next time. I thought I had done my research by reading reviews on line but wasn't warned about these things. I think we could have had an all inclusive vacation to Cancun for the money we spent

Stayed September 2008
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2008

The Embassy Suites/Fallsview is the largest Embassy Suites in North America.

Pros:
The rooms are spacious and clean, and the great location is perfect for anyone who wants to tour the Falls.

The views are incredible.

The Incline Railway is right outside the front door, and the Table Rock area is at the bottom of the Railway.

Really nice pool/workout area.

The price was right: a cityview suite was $135/night for a two-night stay.

Cons:
Not the best choice for families with small children or toddlers, because:

Room service is insanely expensive ($10 for a peanut butter sandwich, plus tax and a 17% gratuity; the same sandwich is $3.99 in the restaurant downstairs.)

A hotel employee at the front desk could not suggest anywhere to buy a carton of milk. I finally found a pint of milk in the Starbucks in the lobby, but it cost nearly $5.

We brought a portable DVD player to hook up to the TV in the room so the kids could watch their favorite movies. After hooking it up with no success, I called the front desk and was informed that the Embassy Suites TVs don't work with DVD players. But they could supply an A/V cart with a DVD player that I could rent for $14.99 for a 24-hr. period. What? I'm sure they want people to purchase movies on pay-per-view, but c'mon, that's just silly.

At one point, I ran downstairs to purchase two pints of milk and two 12-oz bottles of water at the Starbucks in the hotel lobby. The total: $19.41

All-in-all, the Embassy Suites/Fallsview is an above-average hotel with acceptable room rates. But you'll get killed on anything you purchase in or near the hotel. Better to eat and purchase souvenirs well away from the hotel. You'll get them for a fraction of the price.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The "extras" will drain your wallet, fast!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank ohagan
BUFFALO GROVE IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2008

Ok what can i say.. the title named it all. It had the best view of both Horseshoe and American Falls. Great room. great time. Only bad thing was calling the valet is suppose to take 20 minutes, I waited an hour once for my vehicle. Nobody was able to tell me where it was.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2008

We decided last minute (two days before check-in) to drive to Niagara Falls. Our choice was for 2 nights on the Canadian side. I booked through my usual travel service, since I am rewarded points. I chose Embassy Suites because of my past experiences with them had always been positive. Upon arrival, I asked the check-in clerk if my room included a jacuzzi. It hadn't, so she offered us an upgrade to a junior presidential suite for only $50 more a night. She recommended to us which floor was her favorite for viewing the falls, although, there wasn't a bad view in the whole hotel! We had the most beautiful room I had ever stayed in, ever. The views were spectacular. The staff was professional and very friendly. We had the best time of our lives. I as very anxious to go back. A word of caution....review your bill at check out for duplicate charges. There were several but they rectified the problem with no arguments.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank Eyesofbuddha
Brooklyn, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2008

The view from our room (31st, Pres Suite) was simply amazing. I took my girlfriend to Niagara Falls with the purpose of proposing (she said yes) and needed the perfect place to stay and set the mood. I carefully checked other hotels in the area with views of the Falls but none could offer this stunning view.

The hotel itself was nice. I read about some nutty elevators and we did experience that once or twice. You get complimentary buffet breakfast during your stay but you need to get there by 9 to enjoy it but its worth it. Try the french toast sticks. One night we had dinner at the Keg. Excellent food. Try the Billy Miner pie. Trust me.

Unfortunately, we only stayed the weekend with one of those days set aside for a wine tasting tour which was nice. So, in that one day we wanted to experience as much of the Falls as we could. The Maid of the Mist was impressive and for a wetter and wilder experience walk across to the US side (dont forget your passports) and try the Cave of the Winds. Save your souvenir shopping for after since the slickers they give you wont protect you from whats underneath too well.

Take advantage of the shuttle pass as soon as you get there if you can. It will take you around town and you'll see what Niagara Falls has to offer besides the falls itself.

My fiance and I will never forget our trip to Niagara Falls for obvious reasons but it was made that much more memorable by the breathtaking view from our room. If you want to impress your girlfriend, wife or in my case soon to be wife then this is the place hands down.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Remote control to the TV did not work
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Avon, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2008

The best feature of this room was the view of the falls. There are two sides (of four sides in total) of this hotel that have falls views but one of the two sides is better than the other.

The suites style room was good with nice beds and linens and a very nice bath set up.

A few negatives in our room were: 1) The door that can be closed to separate the two sections of the suite was not aligned properly and would not properly open and close. 2) The window screen was torn and should have been replaced earlier.

We received excellent service and recommendations from the concierge when deciding restaurants.

Valet parking was $20.00. They kept repeating that the valet part was free and it was just the parking that was $20.00. Maybe someone else understands what that means but I never did.

Breakfast was included in our room rate. It is a buffet style breakfast in a very large dining room. The servers were very friendly and the breakfast was decidedly second rate. If I go to this hotel again I will probably pay for breakfast somewhere down the road.

• Liked — View of Niagara Falls
  • Disliked — No Parking
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple