Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 3, 2008

I booked this hotel as a 50th birthday treat for myself. I was accompanied on the trip by my son. I booked a 2 queen premier fallsview room with jacuzzi bath.

I had read some of the reviews on here and was worried about not getting what I had booked, but the reality was outstanding.

We were checked in by a friendly receptionist who explained the way everything worked in the hotel and wished us a good stay. our suite was on the 34th floor and the view was breathtaking, right on top of the Canadian Falls with a fantastic view down river and of the American Falls. Everything was close by and a bus service takes you all round the town, the incline railway is right opposite the hotel straight down to the Journey behind the falls and the people mover buses.

Breakfasts were the only meals we took in the hotel as there is a wealth of restaurants in the town. a truly wonderful stay.

• Stayed: May 2008

Reviewed June 2, 2008

Booked a 2 fall view room, at check in I was offered to get a corner suite for $50 more. So glad I did it! View was fantastic, and in this case, I think lower is better, because you feel closer to the falls.

Watching fireworks from the room is a great experience.

My major complaint is about the valet parking - it took us an hour to get our car, even though we called 20 minutes ahead. The amazing thing is, no one explained to us why or even offered an apology, except for the gentleman who drove our car from the garage (I believe his name is Rolf?) and an older gentleman named (James). I complained to the manager on duty, but he just said, it's on it's way. I asked why it's taking an hour, he just shrugged and said, lots of cars, I guess. Terrible customer service on this end. I could've missed my flight...

So beware of the terrible parking, but the view is awesome!:)

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed June 1, 2008

After reading some of the negative reviews on here, I was a little worried going in, but it turns out I had nothing to worry about.

If you're looking for a bargain, this hotel isn't for you. If you want to make your once-in-a-lifetime trip to Niagara something special, then you can't go wrong with this place.

I booked two adjoining superior fallsview suites (with the $40 dinner voucher) through the Embassy's 800 number for my family (2 kids: 4 & 6) and my parents. I was trying to find a place that had something for everyone: from a wild 4-year-old to a 80-year-old who walks with a cane, and the Embassy came through for me.

The staff was unfailingly courteous and friendly. Check in and checkout were seamless. They brought up a free wheelchair for my dad -- he was too proud to use it much. We called 20 minutes ahead for our car and it was ready for us every time. (We did have to wait 5 minutes at Saturday checkout.) The breakfast buffet was fine. The cook-to order stations are definitely the way to go here. Shoot, they even let you take trays of food up to the room afterwards. You could load up some cereal and fruit for later, or even serve a late sleeping member of your party some cut-rate room service this way.

The pool is 3 feet deep all the way down. It's for kids and yeah the noise echos around quite a bit in there. At 3:30 pm, when everyone else was still sightseeing, the kids and I had the place to ourselves. The exercise room was small, but overlooks the pool and had new machines and barbells. It was completely empty every time I saw it.

The place started to fill up a little on Friday night and Saturday's breakfast was a little more of a hassle but nothing terrible. I could see how this place might be a bit much during high summer season.

My wife and I used our voucher at the Keg on our last night and had a wonderful dinner to top off our trip. Rib-eye, sirloin toppped w/ shrimp and scallops, couple of extra sides, martini, daquiri, and a beer was $68 (after voucher before tip.) Our server was a really nice kid. My folks went the night before, got the prime rib and 2 drinks and paid $28 before tip.

We watched the fireworks from the room Friday night and the kids loved it. Friday night's rate was $20 more, so i guess I paid $20 bucks for those fireworks.

As long as you get a full fallsview and are willing to pay for it, you ought to love this place. Maybe think about going in May, September or October mid-week if you can swing that.

Check out the rainbow from the room.

1  Thank johnny16
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We booked this hotel (premium fallsview room)for our 25th anniversary and wanted a hotel that gave us outstanding views of the falls we were not dissapointed!
At reception we were warmly welcomed by victoria who realised it was our 25th and gave us room 3210 which overlooked both falls the view was breathtaking.
Couldnt believe the size of our jacuzzi fiited two with ease and you can relax while enjoying a view of american falls.
Beds very comfortable and rooms well soundproofed.
Breakfast in keg resturant excellent, most mornings we opted for omelette station but full cold and hot buffet available,bear in mind it pays to go early as it gets packed pretty quickly.
Each morning free paper left at door and never hasseled by any staff to leave room prematurely to allow cleaners in.
Managers reception allowed you to have unlimited soft drinks and 1 alcoholic beverage for no charge also include were veggie and peanut snacks,
Overall we loved this hotel it allowed for the privacy we wanted but at same time brill location for falls, transport, nearby resturants and amenities.
Good to note that the casino fallsview is minutes away and has plenty of top shows worth checking out.
We cant wait to book again for next year and would highly reccomend this hotel for couples and families.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We just returned from a Memorial-Day weekend trip and stayed one night at the Embassy Suites in Niagara Falls. We were so happy we chose this hotel - the location is perfect, on Fallsview Ave. directly accross the Canadian Falls. We reserved a room with 2 queen size beds and falls view. Upon check-in, we requested a high floor and in return received a room on the 41st floor (the hotel has 42 floors) with a jacuzzi. We are a family of 4 so we always need space and this room provided just that. Very specious, and cannot speak enough of the breathtaking views - the most perfect view of the falls and amazing at night when the falls are illuminated (our daughter still speaks of the wonderfull colors of the falls).
Included in the room price which was very affordable, is an amazing buffet breakfast in the hotel restaurant that is very large and has again great views to the falls. Also, there's a manager's reception every afternnon with complementary alcoholic beverage and unlimitted drinks and snacks.
The hotel staff was very friendly and assisted with any help we needed.
Overall, one of the best hotels we ever stayed at and highly recommended for your next trip to Niagara Falls.

Reviewed May 26, 2008

Everything about our stay was wonderful!! Everyone was extremely nice. The view from our room 3209 was beautiful. I knew we were supposed to have a view of both falls, but it was spectacular. We arrived late at night so we did not get to see the lights for too long, but at lease we did get to see them. The room was very clean!!! The breakfast was unlike any I have ever seen before included with your room everything we ate was excellent. We only got to stay one night but we liked the valet parking because when we checked out they brought our car to us and got it loaded and they kept it parked for us while we got to go site see. To me to have the security was well worth the $20.00 per 24 hours. If we ever get to go to Niagara Falls again, we will definately stay there. To the Embassy Suites and everyone that helped us during our too short stay thank you for making it wonderful!!!!

Reviewed May 23, 2008

Booked a King Size Fallsview suite with Hot tub through Travelzoo.com for a one night stay in April. This package was $136 for a one night stay in the Fallsview Suite, and included Managers Reception drink tickets (x2), full breakfast buffet the next morning and a $45 voucher for The Keg/TGI Fridays located right in the hotel.

We checked in, which was quick, courteous and friendly. Originally we had booked 1 King bed, however noticed that our room had 2 Queen Beds. We called front desk and they were unable to change us to a room with a single King, however offered us another voucher for The Keg/TGI's which we were more than satisfied with.

The room was spectacular, with amazing views and was incredibly clean and comfortable - more than ample space to stretch out and relax as we had a separate living area with Table and Couch, beautiful large washroom with a Jacuzzi Tub, and a separate bedroom with far reaching views and very comfortable beds.

Staff at the hotel, although dealings with them were limited to check-in/out, were very friendly and quick. Would suggest parking less than one block away at the casino. We paid $10 for the night rather than the $20 VALET ONLY at the hotel. The main entrance was always incredibly busy and would not want to guess how long the wait was for service.

Had dinner the first night at the Keg Fallsview with our first $45 voucher (beer/alcohol is NOT included with these) and the food and service was excellent, as is the case every time at any Keg I've ever been to. Would be advisable to make reservations ahead of time - as I did the day before on the website for the Keg Fallsview. Wait time was 1 hour plus, but we waited 10 minutes thanks to prebooking!!!

Breakfast buffet was served the next morning in the Keg facilities. Absolutely the best breakfast buffet I've ever had in a hotel! Warm foods such as bacon/eggs/sausage, etc and even a make your own omelets prepared by the staff there was a great touch. Cereals, fresh fruits, yogurts, juices, and on and on! So much choice!!

With the second voucher we received due to the mix up with the beds in our room, we decided to use this for lunch at TGI Friday's. We checked out and loaded the car, then went back for a bite before heading home. Food was decent, certainly nothing to call home about but the prices are insane. Over $14 for a club sandwich and not even fresh turkey or chicken on it. But, was satisfied somewhat with the food. The bill came to about $20 as we each had a couple of beers; the food was covered by the voucher. But, once we received our AMEX statement, we had found the server charged us over $50 for the food? We called TGI's to speak with the manager who said they would look into it. The next day we received a call telling us that for some reason our original bill had been cancelled completely, and this new one had been written up - over charging us, and giving the server a nice little 'tip' for herself. Response was slow but we did get the false charges reversed, but found it funny we really didn't receive a formal apology or any form of discount/extra voucher we would be able to use at another time. Luckily we ALWAYS keep our bills so we can match them to the statement - if staying here I would recommend you going to another restaurant, as there are many of them around. TGI's is overpriced for what you get and this isn't the first time I’ve heard of this 'tactic' of cancelling bills and overcharging by them.

All in all, I would definitely suggest this hotel. Stay away from TGI Rip-offs though.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple