“I would go for another hotel the next time”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #17 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Singapore
“I would go for another hotel the next time”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

You can't go wrong if you booked a room with Falls View. Its an awesome view to wake up to in the morning, and at night, you get to see the Illumination in the Falls. The rooms were huge, there was a living room, bathroom and dry kitchen, followed by the sleeping area. It's huge enough to accommodate a family.

The service wasn't impressive. I specifically asked for a non-smoking room, but they were only left with smoking room, and the attitude I got from them was "either you take it or leave". They didn't offer an alternative suggestion or recommend to upgrade the room.

Given the service I get, I would rather give other hotels in the vicinity a try rather than coming back to Embassy if I were to visit Niagara Falls again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,569)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Huntington
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family stayed on the 35th floor in a 2 Queen Jacuzzi suite from Mar 25-29. While the view was great, I probably would try somewhere else on a repeat visit. We arrived to a bathroom, and floor and jacuzzi that had the remnants of someone else's long hair all over. Major ick! Wound up cleaning it myself because it was so gross. The complimentary breakfast was a perk, but very repetitive and the managers nightly reception was uncomfortable and felt like an attempt to get people to eat salty foods so they would spend more money on drinks. The pool area was fine and the kids really enjoyed that. Dinner at the KEG was actually fabulous (prime rib some of the best I have ever had) and a beautiful view of the falls. Would go back for that. The parking fee is crazy! Proximity to attractions was good, but did take advantage of the WEGO system for the little ones legs. The hotel staff were all friendly, so no complaints there. Carpets and furnishings just seemed dated to me and a re-do would help the place out. The beds, bedding and pillows were very comfortable though, although after the bathroom incident I was sort of afraid to use them.

Room Tip: Booked a higher room for a better view, but the view from the KEG on 9 proved to be great as well, s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
alisonw_75, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Maureen,

I want to personally thank you for sharing feedback on your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I understand that guest suite cleanliness and presentation were of concern, as it is for us as well. In response to reviews such as yours our team will be undergoing additional training as we strive to provide the best in class service and accommodations. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us and provide feedback on how we are doing; we would love to have you.

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at the Embassy Suites, Fallsview for one night March 29th-30th.

It was a surprise for my boyfriends 30th birthday.
I am going to start with my one major issue:

I booked our room through an agent at bookit.com
They called and confirmed with the hotel that everything was set.
Since it was a celebration, I wanted a little surprise for my boyfriend.
Although the hotel said they would not put a bottle of wine in the room until after check-in..
They said they could have one brought upstairs at 5pm.
I called down twice to the hotel during the week before we arrived to confirm this - and also confirmed again with the receptionist once I checked in.
5:40pm rolls by and still no bottle of wine.
I called down to housekeeping and had the wine cancelled altogether.
Someone came up to the room and I reiterated what the problem was and that I had confirmed this 3x and that it was inexcusable - Not only because I stressed that this was a special birthday, but with the cost of the hotel room itself ($276 for one night - which had not even included the $53 bottle of wine) issues like this shouldn't have even arose.
He said he would see what he could do.
But that wasn't what I was wanting. I was wanting the last hour back, so we could celebrate my boyfriends day with a little toast to his 30th, before heading out to dinner.
Instead, for a little toast.. We headed down to the T.G.I.Fridays for a $7 beer in a FREEZING atmosphere.
We probably would have had a few drinks, but because it was so cold in there, we left and just went straight to The Keg.

The Keg:
Let me start off by telling you, the keg is under some renovations.
It did not wreck our dinner by any means, however that may be bothersome to some people.
It was not really a romantic-ish setting with a big yellow sign behind my chair with a bear on it that said "Please bear with us" lol.
Another thing, that may be bothersome is the amount of children in there running around. I really feel the keg needs to get a handle on this.
We had children running around in our section, behind our chairs etc. Parents with zero respect for the fact that others are trying to enjoy their night and dinner and they would come up to the window where our table was, taking pictures of the outside etc.
What I did appreciate about this Keg, was how friendly everyone was. I also appreciated that there were not a bunch of obnoxious waitresses in skimpy dresses, fawning over the tables (At least not in our section or that I noticed). This is usually a problem at The Keg where we are from and we just simply do not go there anymore because of it. So we were really appreciative of the classiness Niagara had.
The food was delicious and prices are what you would expect from The Keg.
To give you an idea: 2 steaks (one 12oz and one 8oz) with lobster tail and 2 pints of beer were $138.
For my boyfriends birthday, they gave him a HUGE piece of cake, which we shared.
I cannot even explain how good this cake was. It is called Billy Miner Pie. Get It!!!

A little run down:
The Room: We stayed in the King Suite with the whirlpool jet tub with a falls view. Room #: 3014
I wouldn't have exactly categorized this as a "Falls view" room. As, when laying on the bed - all you could see was the hotel next to us. To see your falls view, you actually had to stand at the window and look a little toward the left. The rooms could definitely use a make-over, as they are very dated.
Some things that I noticed were - A hole in the blinds. A rip in the sheets and the whirlpool jet tub had a crack which was sealed and noticeable.
These were minor things, but again...For the price of the room, people may not expect to see any flaws.
The wonderful part of the room was the bed. It was MASSIVE. Not that comfortable, but very big and fun to lounge on and sleep in :-)

T.G.I.Fridays: The atmosphere was definitely not upbeat and friendly like I would have expected, but it was not that huge of deal. However, it was so cold in there, we only stayed for one drink. There were 3 other people who were having a drink at the bar and they all had their winter jackets on as well. It's definitely not somewhere we wanted to hang around for a while. I also think the workers could show a bit more cheerfulness. No one was rude to us by any means, but it would be nice to look around and see some smiles.

Embassy Suites: As I addressed off the bat - my main issue was the wine. I just couldn't believe that after confirming twice previous to check in that week and once again UPON check-in, the wine still did not arrive. However, after dinner at The Keg, we returned to our room to find 2 robes, 2 pairs of slippers and 2 candy bars on the bed - with a note from housekeeping "I hope this helps a bit - Happy 30th Birthday!". While, I thought that was a kind gesture... Why not offer the WINE? lol. So I am going to have to give the Customer Service a TERRIBLE rating.
I am still upset by it - as this was a little surprise I had planned for someone's very special day.

VALET: Just to let those know, if you are going to do the Valet parking...Do not leave anything you may need, in your car - As your vehicle is not parked on the premises. It is parked about a 3 minute drive away on a big outdoor parking lot. And to retrieve your car at the end of your stay, you board a shuttle and they take you to it. Also good for those to know, in case you plan on giving the "valet" key for your vehicle.
Location: The location is fine, especially if you just want to head out to dinner somewhere and do a bit of gambling. Fallsview Casino is about a 5 minute walk and Applebee's is right across the road.

However, we will definitely never ever consider staying at this hotel again. There are MANY around in the same vicinity to restaurants and casino and for a much lower price (perhaps even much better customer service). I do think a lot of this has to do with the Wine order though. And for the price I was paying, it was just a completely unacceptable issue to have to deal with.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

I am very sorry to hear we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserved during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your detailed comments will help us to best meet and exceed your needs moving forward. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider giving us another chance to show you the quality hotel experience you expect and deserve from us should you return to our area in the future.

CT
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for last minute escape via Capitol One rewards. The entire staff was top notch. Room was the biggest I have ever stayed in but had a slight leftover smoke stench. The plumbing had a leak of some sort in the whirlpool that was annoying. The room had all you needed for a comfortable stay. We stayed in a falls view room but we were so close to the Marriott we could see in the windows. I assume they could see in ours as well . The breakfast Buffett was good although some reviews said it was bad, I was able to eat oatmeal, fruit and veggie omelet. They had tons of food, sausage bagels, baked goods, potatoes etc. The informational brochure said go between 7-8 am to avoid the rush, best tip ever.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were offered what I considered a reasonably priced upgrade to a jr. presidential suite ($35/nite) which included a full frontal view of both falls, a Jacuzzi, and (electric) fireplace. Amazing and well worth the extra cost in our opinion. Views were so spectacular, especially at night when lighted, that we never turned on either of the TVs! Unlike one review that perceived this as a "bait and switch", it did not feel like that to me...did not denigrate the current room, nor was it a "hard sell" to try to convince me to upgrade....merely a matter of fact "we have an upgrade available if you wish". Very convenient to most falls activities but away from the "tourist traps" (e.g. Ripley's Believe it or Not, etc.
Couple not as pleasant "surprises", especially for a "suite only" quality hotel...1) the room only had a "cooler", not a refrigerator (though one was cheerfully brought up once I contacted the front desk, 2) Wi-Fi cost $10/day...not necessarily outrageous per se, but c'mon, you get free Wi-Fi at a Super 8!!
Last suggestion is to get to the breakfast buffet no later than 8:30. Plenty of tables to eat at, but the serving area is relatively small and gets very crowded by 9. Buffet itself is very adequate...nice choices at the made to order omelet stations (tho somewhat slow), good variety, and amazing tasting bacon! Dinner at the Keg Restaurant was exceptional both evenings we were there.
Found staff to be VERY friendly and helpful.
Looking forward to returning soon. We were there while schools were in session so did not have the kids running around issue that some have mentioned.

Room Tip: Higher floors get a better vista. Although we don't have an idea of how a "standard"...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've stayed here beforehand wrote an excellent review. Tried to stay here again and it was the worse experience I've ever had. I had a groupon deal for $125. As I arrived in Canada from Ohio and tried to check in. They informed me that my credit card had been declined earlier in the day so my reservation was cancelled. I asked why they didn't call and talk to me they stated they aren't allowed. I asked why would they run my credit card before I checked in they stated because it was gonna be close to sold out. They then informed me I could rebook a room for $250 plus tax and parking, or they could book me some place else. The manager did nothing to help me and basically told my girlfriend and I that the conversation was over and he walked away. The kicker is that there were other couples who were checking in while we were and had the exact same problem. This ruined our vacation weekend. Not what I'm used to from a Hilton property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank coach02
alisonw_75, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced on your recent visit to our property. We strive to accommodate every guests reservations and apologize for this unfortunate circumstance. Please know that we value each of our guests and would appreciate the opportunity to assist you. Please contact me at your convenience so I may lend a hand. I hope you will give us another chance to show you the quality hospitality you expect and deserve from us the next time you travel to the area.

Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

This was by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. We got to the hotel and went to the desk to check in. When we gave them our name they told us that our booking had been cancelled. We asked how that was possible and they said that our credit card had been declined. We know for a fact that the credit card was working fine as we had used it that day already and it had no problems. We asked what we could do, perhaps get us another room and she said she would be able to offer us a room at a rate of $290 for the night. We had purchased a groupon and booked using that so they offered to subtract the value of the groupon. We said no as we shouldn't have to pay anything as we had already paid the groupon price. We had received a confirmation number which we had with us. We were told that it was not really a confirmation number. We asked why no one called us to tell us we could lose our room and they said they aren't able to do that. I asked if they would reimburse us for the gas it cost us to drive there and board our dogs for the night and she almost laughed. We spoke to both the managers (desk and other)and they did nothing for us. They never even offered an apology. We had friends staying at the hotel as well so we went to their room to call our credit card company who informed us that the hotel had tried to charge our credit card twice the morning we were to check in and had manually entered the expiration date wrong. We talked to management again after talking with the credit card company and they still refused to do anything for us even though we had done nothing wrong. Our entire evening/day was ruined. I will never stay at this hotel again. I am appalled at the lack of customer service.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank blizz16
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent visit to our hotel. We are so sorry for the frustration we caused in regards to your credit card and for the subsequent hassle you encountered. We apologize for the mismanagement of the situation as we know that our guests deserve the best in service and amenities. We will share your comments with our team as part of our ongoing training to provide the world class service you deserve and hope that we may have another opportunity to show you the quality hospitality you deserve should you return to the Falls in the future.