My husband and I celebrated our 10 Year Anniversary at Embassy Suites which is the first hotel we stayed at together when we were in high school so we thought we would go back there for our 10 year celebration. First off, the gentlemen at check -in told us he had already upgraded us to a higher fallsview floor, and when we went to see the room, it was a connecting room (no thank you!) and had an older tv in front of the bed and a flatscreen in the living area. My husband and i went right back down and said we did not feel comfortable in a connecting room as we have had a bad experience before. After my husband mentioned that we would like a room with a flatscreen tv in the bedroom, the check in clerk said oh yes ofcourse, sorry about that, it's a hit or miss and then said he has upgraded us to a Presidential Suite. So we thought, why was this not the upgrade he gave us in the first place? Unfortunately we know why...it's because they see younger people and they try to trick you into a crappier room by telling you it is an upgrade. It is a good thing that we know different and are used to having this "wool over the eyes" trying to be pulled on us, so we recognized right away what was happening and called him out on it. Without doing so, we would have never received the actual upgraded suite we received. The room, once in was BEAUTIFUL and we were very happy with it. We did find the fireplace to be in a strange area, as it would be nicer if on an angle, so you could experience it from bed and the whirlpool tub. Also, once in bed, because it is very low (I assume for Wheelchair accessibility) you cannot see the falls view at all. Only when sitting or standing at the window do you see this view. The whirlpool is so slippery it is on the verge of dangerous. They need to make some grip strips for where you are sitting on each end, as my husband had to keep hold of my legs so I didn't slip while trying to soak in the warmth of the water. It is the nicest whirlpool in the surrounding hotels, just very slippery to where you can't just sit in the tub without sliding. Upon check out, I saw my credit card statement and saw additional charges, and when I called to inquire I was told it was for a missing bottle of rum? Interesting because my husband and I don't drink liquor, especially not dark rum. So they said they would credit our card back, but this should not have happened in the first place. The last thing that should be done is with your package where you receive the $40 voucher to the Keg Steakhouse and Bar, they should really include the other Keg, at the Courtyard Marriot is, as Fallsview Keg is very busy and not always can they accomodate you for dinner at a reasonable hour. Not many people I know can stomach eating a heavy steak dinner at 10:00pm by the time they have space available to seat you. Overall, nice stay, but didn't like the attempted room scheme.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 42-story hotel located 100 yards from the waters edge in the Fallsview Tourist District, 1 block from Fallsview Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Niagara Falls