“This is OK place for groups”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #18 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been staying several times in this hotel over the past years. I can see the certain wear in it. Maybe it could be time for renewal of carpets, walls and the whole interior. I got a good deal of 135Cad. But when you end up adding parking, HST,Late check out fee (6PM) I ended up CAD 287.
The manager's receiption is excellent idea but is not a nice experience. Unless you enjoy having two drinks without finding a seat or place to put down your drink. There is a table which offerc potato chips, small snack. The table was quite filthy and did not appeal. Kids are runing around un controlled and that room is not a place to start a nice evening.
Breakfast was served in the same area and was average at best.
I opted that instead of TGI with huge line up to enter the place and finally to get you breakfast.
The price per room area is good though and if you like having a falls wiev go for room on that side.
I was traveling alone which of course is always a bit unfortable.
People I spoked to were not the most friendliest I have experienced. In Valet be sure to keep alert to spot when they bring in your car. Mine was brought in furthest row and I waited unnecessary extra ten minutes before spotting it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The view of the falls was spectacular - the best so far in my four trips Niagara Falls (business). The room is spacious, the bed was comfortable. Yes, the rooms are a bit "tired", but they were clean and well kept. Skip the free buffet breakfast as it is below average - with average being substandard. The food was cold and nearly inedible. The omellette station line was so long that it would have taken 15 to 20 minutes just to get served. To be clear, I haven't found any "breakfast buffet included" hotel that I would say was good. I give this experience an "average" rating, because it did nothing to warrant anything higher. It was what a hotel should be - provide a nice stay, in a clean room, in a comfortable bed. The trip was made better because of what was included in the voucher - cheap room, dinner vouchers to Keg.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

You cant go wrong with it among all suites hotel - the hotel is bit pricy but ask the reception desk for coupons that if used makes your stay almost free. And not to forget manager's reception and cooked to order breakfast at The Keg overlooking horseshoe falls.

We got jacuzzi suite that kids enjoyed a lot. Sipping a hot cup of tea overlooking mighty falls after a hot bath is unparralleled. Everything was top quality - food, drinks, staff, cleaniness.

The only drawback is Valet as their parking lot is a few blocks, just call them atlest 10 minutes in advance.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi suite with fallsview is the best choice... and get MAGIC SHOW COUPONS... it is really Vegas...
Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The hotel was overbooked with king size bed, so we ended up with 2 dbl and upgraded to falls view. If you we're to enjoy the view, need to be on above the 15 th floor to fully enjoy it. We were in the old part of the hotel, room decoration was outdated like back to the 80s, mattress was the most uncomfortable but might be only in my room. The complimentary manager evening reception till 7:30pm was nice with a free alcoholic beverage as well as the made to order breakfast. The location and being front and center if the falls view is great. But the lack of room amenities, like places that allowed you to plug in and recharge your electronics, noisy pluming is the morning, and sounds of foot traffic did not produce an enjoyable stay. If I had the option again, I would stay at the nearby Hilton hotel and save some money.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
alisonw_75, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were disappointed with the amenities and décor of our two-room suites. We will take your suggestions for additional power outlets and better sound insulation under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future and let us know how we are doing.

Best regards,

Alison Wilkinson
Guest Assistance Manager

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel is very well located with a view of the falls and close to the casino. There are two restaurants in the hotel and several a short walk away. The rooms are very spacious and consist of separate living and bedrooms. The living room furniture is a bit dated but otherwise everything was very well appointed. Front desk service was average and we were very impressed with the maid service, enough to pass this on to the front desk in hopes that it got recorded.
One thing is don't park at most of the hotels on Fallsview Avenue unless you have mobility issues. Park at the casino a block away for $5, not the $20 or $30 you'll pay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors so your view is not blocked by parts of the Marriot hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank philf2
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel gave us all we asked for with our room and the views were to die for. We went all the way to Niagara and we wanted views of the falls and we got it - just like the website promised. Our room was lovely, bright and cheery. The only drawbacks were that everything was on mass!! The free drinks and nibbles in the evenings were like being in a big bar - no asmosphere - we only went once as we preferred our own room with good wine. Breakfast was good but on mass, very freindly staff!! The only meal we had there was at TGI Fridays and it was the worst meal we had in our 5 +week holiday, plus the wine was off - BUT the lovely waiter from India was fantastic. This place is a great hotel but the extras you are offered are not great.

Room Tip: If you go for a package, just remember the fact that this is a very large hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maureen55
Reviewed November 1, 2012

OK, so maybe the Marriott has a better view of the Horseshoe Falls, but they are farther away from the American Falls so that view may not be as good. We paid extra to request a room on a high floor and I must admit, it was worth it. Bright sun the first 2 days (including the rainbows!) then woke up in a total cloud on the third day. Very interesting. If you are going to NF to visit the Falls, you almost don't want to leave the room when you have a view like this one. And the free breakfast and Manager's reception that are standard in all Embassy Suites hotels help offset the high rate which helped justify it for me. I splurged for the Junior Presidential Suite for an extra $20 per night so I would be guranteed the view I wanted. The room was updated and spotlessly clean. Check-in took a good 20 minutes but every counter was staffed and we did arrive at the 4:00 check-in hour, so I assume there was a rush at that time. I didn't see as long of a line any other time we walked through the lobby. Also, I did note the tip jar that one other poster brought up and I thought that was odd. I have never seen a tip jar at a hotel check-in desk. Must be a Canadian thing.
I am not a big continental breakfast fan, so I was totally pleasantly surprised by the extensive buffet breakfast (and surprised at the long line, but it did move fast). The hotel was packed the first morning we were there so we were advised to go to the omelet station where there was no waiting and the line cooks were amazing. For reasons I did not look into, breakfast was served in the TGI Fridays in the lobby, not in the Keg Restaurant the week we were there, so if that is important to you, you might want to call ahead.
We took advantage of the $5 parking at the Casino which is truly a 5 minute walk and was utterly painless. I almost feel sorry for people who don't use Tripadvisor and pay the exhorbitant prices at the hotels because they don't know about the Casino parking deal.

Room Tip: There is at least one Junior Presidental suite on each floor so that will guarantee the view you see...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple