Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We booked one night, then decided to extended our stay by another. The first room was 4203 and the second was 3504. I thought initially that the higher level always meant a better room, but on the contrary, the 35th floor was just as good and the room seemed more recently modernized. I would agree with what everybody else has already said; however, if you go into this stay with an understanding that there will be crowds everywhere, I think you'll be more than prepared to deal with the slow elevators, breakfast lines, and long check-out lines.

There is NO SPA at this hotel. If you (like us) enjoy getting some pampering done during your vacay, you can pop in next door for some really lovely spa treatment at the Mariott. Also, the little tram behind the hotel is hilarious - it takes you down a tiny little steep hill that is easily walkable....except that it doesn't look like there's any direct way to go down that hill except for the tram which you absolutely must pay for. Also note that the tram only starts at 10 am and ends at 8 pm.

As a little aside, my husband and I cracked open the window a tad at night and fell asleep to the incredible sounds of the falls. I don't think I've ever slept better in my life!

2  Thank EdgeofExistence
Write a ReviewReviews (9,580)

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had a good night here with a great view. The staff was very good and did upgrade us to a corner room which just made it better. The bed/pillows were great here too making for a very comfortable night. Parking was expensive but probably was anywhere else too. Breakfast was as good as always.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Embassy Suites is fine, but nothing special. The room is clean and the staff answers questions, but nobody goes out of their way. That little something extra - a smile, a helpful hint, anything - would help me get over this feeling that I'm being nickled and dimed. Not only do they charge for wi-fi, but it's $10 per device. Really? With the way this city gouges visitors on food, it's too bad Embassy has to extort on wi-fi. Bad profit.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and beds very comfortable. View of Falls was great. Morning breakfast was good but nothing special and nightly Manager's Meet and Greet was chips and one drink. Parking was 30.00 for valet to bring your car to you or 20.00 and you catch a shuttle and pick it up yourself.

Room Tip: If you go during the week the rooms are less expensive than on weekends. Ask for a room viewing the...
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This place needs to train the staff better.

Parking is 30 bucks almost.

The valet are poorly trained.

The carpets in the rooms and hallways need cleaning

The check in staff do not know anything about the local area

The concierge ladies are rude and keep trying to upsell you these packages.

Save your money walk to the falls from your hotel, or take the shuttle to the falls.

The hotel has marketed a buffet breakfast, man, all they have is greasy eggs and fatty oily crap, one fruit and some cold cereal.

Only thing ok in this hotel is the rooms with the jacuzzi and looking at the falls. thats it.

get a better cleaner friendlier hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sale S
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great stay. We stayed in falls view and view was breath taking and even more spectacular in the night. The breakfast buffet was awesome and we loved it. Vallet parking was over priced. You can park in garage ne5 to hotel for $5 instead of spending $30 for valet parking. Falls is of course walkable about 8 minutes. Highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2012

As someone who has been in hospitality industry management for 30 plus years, I never thought I would have to challenge Hilton Corporation on the honesty and integrity of the content in their web site regarding property descriptions. Having them remain mute and completely ignore my complaints absolutely astounded me, though. In all my years of staying at Hilton properties I could always count on a consistent level of quality and service no matter what brand I stayed at. This simply isn’t the case at the Embassy Suites Niagara Falls-Fallsview. If you’re used to the friendly, guest oriented service you normally find at Hilton Properties, you are going to be sorely disappointed and even shocked if you stay here. It reeks of a casino property attitude where everyone is pandering for a tip INCLUDING THE FRONT DESK! I was stunned to see large, gold fish bowl sized brandy snifters at every position of the front desk. Are you kidding me??
Our experience started well enough on arrival when we were greeted by a valet who described the parking options. The web site only lists $20 per night for valet parking, but that’s for offsite parking with a shuttle. It’s $30 if you want to have your car valet parked in the onsite garage. When I asked him for help lifting my 85 year old mother’s mobility scooter out of the back of our car he obliged and then stated that handicapped parking was onsite and complimentary. I was pleased with this information, thanked him and gave him a $5 tip.
We made our way through the busy and chaotic lobby to reach “the cattle corral” at the front desk. As I waited in line the first thing I noticed was the fish bowl sized tip jars on the counter I previously mentioned. They seemed as much out of place to me as a tip jar in front of a bank teller. After waiting a few minutes it was my turn to approach the desk. Usually at a Hilton Property you are greeted with a friendly smile and a welcome back acknowledgment of being a Hilton Honors member. Not here, though. There was no smile, no friendly greeting just an extended robotic search for a room with two beds to put us in. He finally found one on the 26th floor and we were on our way to the suite.
To say I was disappointed that the view from the room is completely misrepresented by their web site photos would be putting it mildly. The web site photos view of the Canadian Falls from the rooms are digitally created and superimposed on the photo windows. The lack of angle and distance to the Falls are completely false and misleading. The phony “picture window” photos also don’t show the heavy structural supports in the real windows that partially obstruct the view. While the actual view of the Falls is somewhat nice, it’s at a 45 degree angle that can only be seen from the corner of the room against the window. The web site claims repeatedly the hotel is “100 yards from the brink of the Falls” but the reality is the distance is closer to a half mile than it is 100 yards.
There’s not much to say about the evening manager’s reception other than you get one complimentary drink per person along with some plain chips, humus and something resembling Chex Mix. The atmosphere of the reception room is not one of a traditional Embassy Suites atrium; it was closer to a German Festhalle with lots of large tables grouped together in a bland room. Of course there was a tip jar on the bar, but at least it didn’t seem so out of place as at the front desk.
The next morning I went back and waited in the cattle corral line at the front desk to express my disappointment in the misrepresentations. When it was my turn Jennifer asked if she could help me and I said, “I’m a bit disappointed the view from the room is not what is portrayed on the web site.” While her attitude and demeanor did not quite rise to hostile, she was indifferent, defensive and insolent. Perhaps if I had dropped a $10 bill into her tip jar she would have been more cordial. She stated we had already received an upgrade to a whirlpool suite, but for more money she could move us to a premium suite. I explained to her I was traveling with my 85 year old mother who had two artificial knees and was incapable of getting in and out of a regular bathtub much less a whirlpool tub so it was more of an aggravation than an upgrade. I also told her the reality is we were put in that room because they had oversold Falls View Suites with two beds. From reading other reviews here it appears this hotel oversells their rooms regularly and then “walks” the poor folks who arrive last once the rooms are filled. Jennifer was unsympathetic to my disappointment so I asked her how they could possibly claim they’re located 100 yards from the brink of the Falls. She then shot me a look and bristled, “The hotel *is* 100 yards from the Falls.” I decided this was a waste of time and thought maybe I should just take it up with Hilton Corporate.
I would describe breakfast as an over/under experience. It was moved to TGI Friday’s because The Keg Restaurant on the 9th floor where breakfast is normally served had supposedly experienced some sort of pipe bursting. Oddly, in my more than 30 years in the restaurant business it’s been my experience pipes bursting is extremely rare and certainly does not take two or three weeks to repair and restore the restaurant. Anyway, back to over/under breakfast…Friday’s is not designed to handle large numbers of people buffet style so the staff appeared to be overwhelmed because they were understaffed. As a result the service was underwhelming and the very long line for the omelet station was overwhelming. The eggs were overcooked while the bacon was undercooked and rubbery. The dishwasher must have been overwhelmed as well because plates and utensils were being snapped upped almost as fast as the attendants could put them out. Usually, when a restaurant is “in the weeds” as this breakfast was managers should be seen directing traffic and assisting the staff, but none could be seen anywhere. After breakfast was over a woman dressed in a black pantsuit that appeared to be some sort of manager did sashay through the restaurant after the fact. After we were seated with our breakfast a server came to our table placed an "Occupied" sign on the table and presented us with a guest check wallet. Inside was a printed note pandering for a tip...go figure. While I usually leave the servers a tip at a complimentary breakfast I don't feel they should pander for a tip.
When we returned home I called Hilton Corporate and pointed out the misrepresentations of the web site photos as well as the outright falsehood the hotel was located 100 yards from the brink of the Falls. Corporate forwarded my complaint to Guest Assistant Manager Alison Wilkinson who gave me this convoluted justification,
“Our google distance from the Falls is the distance that is noted on the site and we feel is an accurate description of our proximity to the Falls. This allows the visitor a better understanding of how close the Falls is to the hotel when making their selection for reservations. Although the hotel walking distance is greater than the google distance description as noted, it is based on point A to point B distances.”
Huh??
I followed up my initial phone complaint to Corporate with two emails and a second phone call, but the silence was deafening so I decided to write this lengthy review so the buyer can be aware. From my perspective I would suggest prospective guests not stay at the Embassy Suites Niagara Falls-Fallsview and look elsewhere. If you want a premium view of the Falls I would suggest taking a look at The Oakes Hotel. Although I haven’t stayed there it appears to have the best position to the Falls and a straight on view. Who knows, though, this hotel may be owned by the same casino.
Because of an early morning flight we did stay our third night in Niagara Falls at the Hampton Inn North of the Falls which was about $125 a night less expensive with free parking and free Wifi. The staff was extremely pleasant and the location was not nearly as remote as I thought when I booked it. It’s right across the street from White Water Walk and the WeGo bus stops in front of the hotel. If you’re on a budget I would suggest to stay here and buy the Niagara Falls Adventure Pass for $44.95 per person. It includes two days of transportation on the WeGo bus system, Maid of the Mist, Journey Behind the Falls, Niagara’s Fury and the White Water Walk.
I hope this review has been helpful and no, I don't expect a tip.

Room Tip: Buy the Adventure Pass for $44.95, especially if you're there for at least two days. If you'...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family