“Happy I did not Change Hotels”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I read so many reviews both on here and a certain hotel booking site prior to my trip to the point of almost cancelling my stay at Embassy and going somewhere else.....Boy am I happy I didn't. Everyone has an opinion, and might feel slighted by additional costs, but remember, you get what you pay for. Upon arrival, I valet parked my car. Even though I read about the Casino parking down the block being 25.00 per day cheaper, I did it out of convenience. Next came check in and I was given a room on the 26th floor with Falls view as booked. When I went back a few minutes later to see if the room was a smoking room, I was told no, and was given a smoking room with a better view on a higher floor free of charge. I mention this because the hotel agent asked if I valet parked my car and I said yes, so she said she would not charge me for my upgrade. Now, I know I have read some reviews about being asked to upgrade and people frowning at it....BUT, the original room 2614 had only a view of the Horseshoe falls. The new room, 3109 had a view of both falls. Knowing the difference and experiencing the view of both falls, I would certainly pay for the upgrade. My mother on the other hand, went to go move her room from 26 to 31 and had to pay the upgrade for the room but got her valet costs taken away. So for 2 days, it cost here 20 more for the better room. The rooms themselves were clean and up to date. Although our AC vents were mostly closed and had to be fixed by maintenance, the rooms were as advertised. Breakfast was great (and included with the room cost). Again, people complained about the lines for omelets and eggs, but there are 3 lines (I dont think many people realized this as lines 2-3 were usually small). Once you have your food, you eat in the Keg restaurant and if you can, grab a table next to the window for a great falls view in the AM. The manager's reception is ok. If you want a free drink and some chips/pretzels, then it's ok.....we went to the first night reception just cause we were at the hotel, but missed the 2nd night as we did not see the need. Overall, I really enjoyed the stay. I would go back there again if I was to visit NF again. Embassy did not disappoint this traveler at all.

Room Tip: We had rooms 3109 and 3105. Both rooms had great views of both falls.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank richj22
Write a ReviewReviews (9,674)

Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Niagara Falls three or four times now and love it. The Fallsview rooms are worth every penny just for the view alone The staff have always been friendly and helpful. The managers reception is a nice "perk". Breakfast is phenomenal - a delicious variety of foods and I personally enjoy the fact that you can take it to your room. Location is ideal for walking to the falls, restaurants, shopping and Fallsview Casino. If we were to point out any "needs improvement", it would be for the upgrade of televisions and in room WIFI. Parking is expensive and not included in the hotel cost.

Room Tip: Highly recommend a "Fallsview" room!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I don't encounter very many hotels in which I do not have any issues with. This hotel was part of the few which I did not encounter any real issues.

I think the manager's reception is a nice idea, but the area was small and extremely crowded. The bar had a pretty long line up for a rediculously small amount of choice, and the snacks were sub-standard in my opinion for such a high class hotel. Then again, it was complimentary and I've never seen any other hotel do that.

The room was very nice and I had a Canadian Falls view, it was pretty good but the hotel is angled in such a way that you can never be face to face with the falls. For the package price directly from their website, though, I couldn't complain. It came with a few things including an ihop 20$ voucher, 50$ buffalo casino voucher (not the casino next door, the casinos in the country next door) and some useless ones too. The suite was very spacious and was quiet.

Overall, I'd definitely consider coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want to save on parking fees (20 for self serve, 30 for valet if i remember correctly) and yo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stayed in the presidential suite and it was amazing. Floor to ceiling windows with fantastic view. Walking distance to lots of attractions/restaurants. Great steak restaurant inside the hotel. Would definitely go back. Room was clean and very big. Huge tub and very nice,friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Backincincy
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Niagara Falls 4 or 5 times. It is my go-to hotel when I travel there. I should say WAS my go-to hotel. My fiancé and I went there to celebrate getting engaged. We checked in and had a reservation for the Keg that evening. As soon as we arrived at the restaurant we asked if there was a waterfall view table available and were told with attitude, "Every table in our restaurant is waterfall view." We had a parking lot view. We ordered some food. It all came at different times. I was done my meal before my fiancé even received his plate. We weren't asked if we wanted dessert. We were just brought the bill and felt like we were rushed out. Normally, at any other Keg, the server asks if you are celebrating anything. We were. It was both his birthday and we had just got engaged.

The room was outdated and loud. We couldn't take a nap because people were slamming doors.
We felt very uncomfortable the entire time we were there. Were hoping to see the magic show but it was sold out. Will go back for that but won't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I stayed here with my children ages 7 & 8 over a weekend. We received a complimentary upgrade to the 33 floor on check in. We had reserved a falls view which was totally worth it! The rooms were nice and clean and our experience with hotel staff was good overall. I did have some issues with the travel desk and didn't have a good response when I tried to voice concerns-- still waiting in the promised call. The breakfast and managers reception offered good choices. The indoor pool and outdoor deck were clean and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Request a high room when booking
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I don't know towards what kind of people I am writing at this moment. I don't know if you are going for the day or for a week. I don't know if your plans are to stay in Niagara Falls or go places while you are there. But if out of all the different options you might do, it is to be in a key place with a privileged view of the Niagara Falls this hotel is the right option.

We stayed in 3 room presidential suite, with nice spacious rooms; the living was nice and comfortable, it had a nice big flat screen tv in case some one is a tv lover and a Coffee Maker machine. The second room is basically a type of kitchen as you walk towards the bedroom and is kind of parallel to the Bathroom. It had a sink and everything you might need like bottle opener, fridge, etc. The bathroom has a whirlpool (Jacuzzi) and the Wall where the whirlpool is has a massive opening kind of window that allows you to interact with the bedroom, now this is important since the bedroom got the best view of the falls. In a separate room within the bathroom you got a shower and the toilet.

Now the main attraction of this room is of course the bedroom. The room is located in one of the corners of the hotel so it has spectacular more than 180 degrees view of the Falls. Now the Hotel and specially that room is located in my humble opinion on the best spot a hotel can be to appreciate the Niagara Falls. The Niagara Falls has a horse shoe shape and this hotel is just on the curve of the canadian side of it. You can see all the falls; in front of you is the American Falls and you are right on the edge of where the canadian falls start; honestly can not be better than that. Another good thing to mention about the bedroom is you got a nice little sitting area with two sofas and a little table and next to that you have a fire place.

The rest of the room I will leave it to the pics and your judgment when you get there. Take Care!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple