“Spectacular location and hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 4, 2011

There are a lot of discount packages out there for this hotel. It was one of these we used and were not disapponted.
When you arrive they have you pull under the front canopy. They offer you two choices for parking. The first is $20 a night and they take your car for you to an offsite lot. If you need your car after this point you have to take a shuttle to the lot. The other that we used was Valet parking at $30. They store your car close to the hotel and it is under the canopy in 10 minutes. As the hotel is so handy to everything we only had the car returned at the end of our stay.
The check in was fast and courteous. I am not sure if the valet parking triggered it but they upgraded us at no charge to a Falls side suite on the 40th floor. How cool is that!
The room had a Jacuzzi and a floor to ceiling glass wall overlooking the Falls. The room was huge and spotless. They have a lot of touches that are extra but if you don't want these just call the front desk and they will not be on your bill when they slide it under your door during the night.
They have a free Manager's Reception in the 9th floor Atrium with a free cocktail. There were a ton of kids which made it noisy.
There is a Keg on that same floor as well as a TGIF on the main floor. We did eat at the Keg twice and it was excellent.
There is a full breakfast cooked to order and the selection and quality were superb. I would highly recommend this hotel.
Dean in Canada

1  Thank awayIgo2travel
Write a ReviewReviews (9,580)

Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stay at this hotel 2 times a year it has one of the best falls view and the KEG Restaurant is very good and has a nice falls view but the only problem is that the hotel is too old and need a good renovation the rooms on the lower floor have all the food smell coming from the restaurant and not good
Bed is ok

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank Fs1357
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I really liked my room here...the view was spectacular. However, it was costly-especially with the parking (30 dollars for valet-20 dollars otherwise). I figure that is the price you pay for staying so close to the waterfall. Breakfast was mediocre at best, and it was disgusting to see how much people will stuffing themselves. The view was amazing and the servers were very friendly though.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The view was the best part of the room, unfortunately the windows were very dirty which detracted from the view. There were two sleeping areas, the Master bedroom was the one with the windows. It also had an electric fireplace which we used to take the chill off as we had the window opened at the bottom so we could hear the falls. A large bathroom separated the two bedrooms and had an enormous jetted tub that had windows that opened into the master bedroom. There was also a large shower stall in an area opposite the tub, the commode was in between.The 2nd bedroom had a table and chairs, a TV and pullout sofa bed that was obviously designed for children. My 23 y/o daughter who is 5'6 had to sleep corner to corner on it as the bed was quite short and she was hanging off the end. The room was clean and well supplied. The hotel pool was quite large but very shallow, you had to lay down to get totally wet. The next morning we had the buffet brunch which was mediocre at best, but again the view was fabulous!

Room Tip: Stay above the 15th floor and below the 23rd to have the best view.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MsMerryll
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on a Sunday night. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. He even gave us a room upgrade for the same price without me asking. The room was relatively clean and spacious. I liked that the window opened a bit so that we could get some fresh air. The view of the falls was nice, though nowhere near what was shown on their website. Maybe that view is from the best room they have, but I don't see how the falls could look that close. There is a walkway and another building in between the hotel and the falls, but it's still a great view. There's a manager's reception with chips and other munchies and one free drink when you check in . I thought that was a nice extra. The room price also included a full breakfast in the morning. It was pretty crowded, but we were seated immediately. If you aren't a fan of seeing lots of people in the morning you might want to skip it. We had the stay and play package which included a $50 voucher for the casino in Buffalo, NY. It was cheaper than booking the room alone at the time. We hate gambling, but we decided to use it up on the way home. I won about $100 so that was a fun bonus! Just be aware that the Stay and Play package is only good at the three casinos closest to Buffalo in the states, NOT the casino a couple of doors down from the hotel. I thought that was a bit deceiving. It does clearly state this on the website now, but when I booked it I don't recall it saying Buffalo, NY. One other tactic to be warned about it the Comfort Package. When you enter your room there's a 6 pack or water, a map, a small bag of popcorn and a note telling you that the package includes wifi, etc. It is $14 or $15 and you have to call the front desk to cancel it if you don't want it. I don't think this is a good business practice for such a nice hotel. It should not be on the customer to cancel something they never asked for in the first place. When I saw it was added to my estimated bill in the morning I immediately called the desk and it was removed with no problem, however I was annoyed that I had to call.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zeezar
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My wife and I and our 13yo daughter went for the weekend to celebrate my wifes 40th birthday. We had a great time at the Embassy Suites. We were in room 2806 and I'm not sure if you could get a better view. From the looks of the locations of nearby hotels, I don't think any are posioned as well. Our room was perfect. Everything was clean and in good condition. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. In fact we are already thinking of coming back in the winter. We didn't encounter any bad employees. Everyone was very helpful and cordial. We ate one night at The Keg. The meal was very good, though a bit over priced. The view however is incredible. The breakfast each morning was excellent. Plenty of choices for everyone. All in all a great stay. Highly recommend the Embassy Suites Fallsview....

1  Thank wdwdavem
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My family and I were booked in room 3205 and we were so impressed with the view from the bedroom. We overlooked the Horseshoe Falls and could also see the American Falls to our left. The kids enjoyed looking at the falls lit up at night. We could even see fireworks exploding at our level during the fireworks display! The hotel is situated close to the promenade that eventually leads down to the falls, but expect to walk if you don't want to take the trolley (located in front of the hotel) down to the falls. My husband appreciated the separate room where he could work, but it was dark since there are no windows in it. We found that the bathroom was small. My kids enjoyed the 3 foot deep pool, but it is not suitable for adults who want to swim because it is so shallow and very crowded. The parking on arrival was a little chaotic - our car was taken by the valet before we could finish taking out our suitcases - but it was returned to us in 10 minutes.

1  Thank Odyssey_167