“Fun experience at this relaxed casino!”
Review of Casino Niagara

and up
Niagara Falls Private Day Tour
Ranked #27 of 130 things to do in Niagara Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether your game is Blackjack or Casino War at the tables, or a win on the slots or poker machines, Ontario's premier casino offers exciting chances to come away a winner.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun experience at this relaxed casino!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Yes, it's the older casino in the area but we found it to be the better of the two! Table limits were lower, it was less crowded, and the layout was more appealing (multiple levels instead of one large gaming space). The staff working at the casino was also very kind. We enjoyed the sports book as well as the comedy club. Drinks were a bit expensive, although aren't they everywhere on vacation? Convenient to Hard Rock, Planet Hollywood, Perkins, other casual dining etc. I would recommend trying out the both casinos to see what you think, but if it were up to me I would choose Casino Niagara for most of my gambling at the Falls.

1 Thank njztravel

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Older & More Relaxed”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The older Casino Niagara does not have all of the glitz and glamor of the new Fallsview Casino, but it is a more relaxed atmosphere. My wife and I visited the new casino on a very crowded holiday weekend and found it difficult to get a machine we liked and the line for the buffet was ridiculous. The next day we went to Casino Niagara and enjoyed the less crowded atmosphere. The machines were alos a little looser there.

3 Thank Dan W
Cleveland, Ohio
235 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,226 helpful votes
“Not a Gambler”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I'm not a gambler, but I have visited casinos before. The entrance way - up a long escalator in front of a large water fall was neat. However, the atmosphere at the casino was a little disappointing. It looked a little run-down. Also, although the smoking sections were segregated, the smell of smoke drifted into the non-smoking areas.

Some of the people I was traveling with indicated that the pay-outs on the slots were good. But the overall atmosphere of the place seemed a little worn-out and dated.

2 Thank CynthiafromOhio2011
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Casino was awesome, Market Buffet was meh”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was my first experience at a casino in Niagara, and I enjoyed it for the most part. I heard about a "player advantage club card" and felt like I had to get it (mainly because its free, and if you don't have one, the buffet becomes $1-2 more expensive). The woman behind the PAC support desk was so friendly, and made sure I was on the right track. When you sign up, not only do you get ten free dollars at the machines, but I even got free show tickets on my next visit (before an expiry date in April). No catch! When I didn't know though was that once you use the money on the card, even a penny, you have to stick to that machine. So it might be easier to spend $5 of your own money to see what you like. I don't know how to play slots, but even I found something I liked, and I'm sure you can learn if you really want. Once I used my $10, i didn't know how to reload my card, so the very friendly woman at the cashier's table explained that you don't reload the card, you use your own money and whats left is printed on a voucher that can be used at another machine or can be cashed out. In the end I only lost $5 of my own money, so I'm happy :P Then there was the buffet. For $20 I guess it wasn't too bad, but I thought it was a little bad. For a vegetarian like myself there aren't many options, and some of the staff looked and acted upset through my meal. This one server especially kept throwing his towel with force on an empty table that he had to clean up. I get it, you hate your job, but just pretend! However, when talking to them, they were very nice. Minus the sometimes stale food and the "show" the waiters put on, it was OK buffet, but I'm not eating there again. I do however have a new favorite game that I'm eager to play soon!

2 Thank sferna02
Dunnville, Canada
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Older but Better”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

If you want to gamble it meets the need. Nothing really special in looks but somehow, I really like this casino better than the new one. I like the set up and feels like a party with the bands playing on weekends. Seems to cater to locals.

Visited March 2012