“Okay”
Review of Criminals Hall of Fame - CLOSED

Criminals Hall of Fame
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was excited to go to this museum, being a history student, since I like to learn the history behind things, and crimes are always even more addictive. A lot of the figures were a lot older, which was fine - made it a bit creepier - but the lighting was poor rather than an addition to the atmosphere. It's good for a bit of entertainment. The '40s police car outside wasn't there when we went in, but it was there when we came out, and I did think that was awesome.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The Crime and Punishment Museum in D.C. has definitely spoiled me. I guess I had my expectations a little too high. I liked the eerie feel of it, but I would have liked more details about the criminals. Save your money, and if you have a chance to visit D.C. go to their Crime and Punishment Museum.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We visited the Criminals Hall fo Fame Wax Museum during our vacation in Niagara Falls. Our hotel was within walking distance to the falls via Victoria Avenue/Clifton Hill. The museum was in a convenient location, as we walked by it on Victoria Avenue at the top of Clifton Hill on our way to the falls. There are many entertainment venues along that route. There was a $5 admission coupon availabe at our hotel and at many other vending locations in the area. That helped persuade us to go in the museum. The front of the museum is eye catching, with their bright yellow sign across the top, and the old 40's model police car parked in front.

As you enter the museum, there is a wooden "interrogation" chair that you can sit in for photo opportunities. They don't take your photo, you use your own camera. As you proceed through the museum, you walk through a narrow dark hallway. Throughout that hallway are windows where you look into the displays of historically known criminal wax figures. Each display has a printed informational sheet of facts about the criminal on display. There are about 40 notorious criminals displayed in the museum. Some displays include multiple criminals, such as "Bonnie & Clyde". Most are recognizable names. It only takes about 30 minutes or so to get through the museum. There is a small souvinier gift area in front of the musuem with a few overpriced items to purchase.

I wasn't greatly impressed with this museum, but I was satisfied that it was worth the $5 admission that I paid. I don't recommend that you make a special trip just to see the museum, but if you can get a $5 admission coupon and happen to be nearby, then it's something a bit different than the rest of the stuff around the area.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We went after supper time, so there were no other people in there. The figures are a bit older, but some were a bit creepy looking. If you get a coupon in the hotel coupon books, you can save 1$ each person, so we only paid 4.95$ each to get in... Cheapest thing to do there by far.
It's very cheesy, but it describes all the crimes those criminals did.. some look pretty good, some very bad...
I would recommend for cheap thrill...

Reviewed May 23, 2012

This place needs to be bulldozed, a total watse of prime real estate....if you have allergies do stay away you can see decades of dust on the displays that are lame to begin with.