“Two words - Roach motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunset Inn

Sunset Inn
Ranked #47 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
novi, michigan
“Two words - Roach motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

I absolutely hated this place. I would never recommend this motel to anyone else, even if I didnt really like them, it was that bad.

(1) Rooms smell like carpet has water in them, just an unpleasant odor.
(2) No card access to rooms, old-styled keys, with doors that opened to an exterior corridor, and could be felled by one strong kick by a 10 year old.
(3) Rooms reeked of smoke, even though we were promised non-smoking rooms.
(4) Bathroom fixtures were all leaky, and not robust, they would bend in your hand.
(5) Welcome to the tiniest soaps in the western hemisphere.
(6) There were NO towels in the rooms. When we asked, the lady in the front would not believe it, like we went to the rooms and rightaway stole them!! And then she would give us only 3 for my family of 4. She sais she could give me more at 11 AM the next day, just in time for my checkout, I guess.
(7) Lobby was equally dirty, coffee was the lightest I've ever seen, alll in all, an expreince that even the lovely Nigara Falls nearby will not erase from your mind.

I booked this through hotwire, and while I have been very happy in the past with their offers, this left a bad taste in my mouth.

I also see that there have been some 4 star ratings for this place, I sincerely believe that those are "stuffed ballots".

• Liked — Unfortunately, not much!
  • Disliked — Filthy rooms, and poor service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank rthyagar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
mesa, arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2007

I booked this motel through Hotwire after reading the favorable reviews. I must say I was extremely disappointed -- our rooms smelled musty, the connecting door had a hole punched in it, the walls were dirty and in desperate need of paint, the carpets were dirty and threadbare, upholstered chairs in both rooms were filthy and stained, basically looks like the drapes, carpets, etc. have not been updated in decades. It appears that the owners are not investing a dime in their property. Please understand that I was well aware that the motel had a 2 star rating, so I did not expect any amenities or luxuries and I don't believe I had unrealistic expectations. All I expected was a clean, fresh room. The place was so bad that we couldn't even stay there and stayed at the Courtyard Marriott instead -- the rooms were only $20 more per night and were absolutely lovely. I noticed some of the reviews of the Sunset Inn were kind of old so maybe it was better in the past, but it really is unacceptable today.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty, dreary rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank ETaylorMesa
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2006

My husband and I both highly recommend the Sunset Inn!
The young man who greeted us at the front desk (I believe that his name was Talha??) was very accommodating, and the hospitable to our needs. He gave us some good advice on the different tourist spot while visiting Toronto!

• Liked — close to the Falls
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wendell/Gigi
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2004

Have stayed many times,recommend to everyone.Quiet warm place. Company is warm,friendly and very pleasant. Cant rate any better because everything is perfect.
Keep up the great job !!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2004

Well I have stayed at this motel 3 times. The first 2 were great. The room we had was very big...We had a group so they gave us a room with 4 doubles beds (one large room with a 2nd connecting small room, 2 doubles in each) for $89 CDN. Everything was great. But the 3rd time we stayed there, the front desk said that the last time we stayed there, they found a hole punched in the bathroom wall!??! I couldn't believe it...I assured them it was not there from us, and was not there when we checked out...I would not miss a big hole in a wall! Plus I would have heard something! Anyway, they thought I was lying and made me pay $50!
I didn't even know what to say...I obviously refused to pay, but they charged my credit card and I had no choice...I will never return to this motel

8 Thank GregOntario