“Better than expected”
Review of Fairway Motor Inn

Fairway Motor Inn
Ranked #57 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 26, 2012

A small group of us, (2 couples), do an annual road trip weekend to get away and have some good, silly fun. This year, we decided to go to Niagara Falls. And while I usually stay at one of the larger hotels when there, this time we decided to try the Fairway.

There were mostly families there and the pool was often in use. (Not by us.) The staff was friendly. The location was great. The rooms were pretty rough, but clean. (Fridge, AC and great water pressure in the showers!) No, there’s no breakfast included, but for the price we were paying we were all quite happy with our choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank j v

Reviewed June 17, 2012

It was a very comfortable stay at Fairway Motor Inn.The staff were very helpful in giving us a good,spacious and big room.We got some complimentary milk and water.We could see the Skylone tower from our room.The location is very good.All the attractions are in walking distance.The owners personally helped us book our Toronto bus tickets.Overall there are no regrets.

Room Tip: Staff on the 1st floor as u can sit on the lobby and drink tea
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kunal S
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed 1 night in this hotel and I liked! Parking is free, the room has fridge and TV. The bathroom is very clean and staffs helpful but there isn't breakfast.
It's stays 10 minutes walking to the falls and close to the restaurants and night life of Niagara. I recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PatNeves
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Stayed here a little ways ago for a friend's wedding. Had a great stay. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Loved the heart shaped jacuzzi suite, only cost us $10 for the upgrade!

Room Tip: the jacuzzi suites are quite interesting!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank msgoldy
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The motel is directly run by the owners, who are really nice and friendly, but that's it, all the rest is wrecked. I give the motel two stars averaging between the staff (four) and the premise (one, but only because there is a decent wi-fi connection).

OK, you get what you pay for and you don't pay much at the Fairway, but in any case you expect some basics you don't get there.
Our room (like all the others but a couple, I guess) needed EXTENSIVE renovation, from doors and windows to walls, equipments, furniture and bathroom. And just as an interesting bit of trivia, our blankets (apart from being very thin and single sized over queen beds) showed a marking "RCMP", where they come from?

Because one normally spends only one or two nights at Niagara Falls, I can definitely suggest to pay (not that much) more and get better accomodation.
We popped into a Sheraton room and we had a breathtaking view of the Falls.

Room Tip: Pay (not that much) more and get better accomodation
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HawkEye935
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. I was greeted with a smile and given a clear explanation of the services offered. The motel had free Wi-Fi, free local and long distance calling to places in Canada and the US only. It was well situated, a little ways off the main street, but in walking distance to local attractions. My rating of 3 out of 5 has more to do with the staff than the motel.

Our one night stay should have been a more plesant experience but it was barely comfortable. There were "little" maintenance issues that should not be expensive to repair, but they affected my comfort level and this affected my ability to get a restful sleep.

I am listing the problem areas not to shame or embarass the owners, but to illustrate how seemingly small oversights can have a big impact.

1) Above the bed there was a drop ceiling tiled area (see photo). All night long, you could hear rodents running on top of the tiling, right above the bed area!!!

2) It's only December but the room temperature felt like we were in the middle of January. I was told that the heat was centrally controlled and could not be adjusted but they could supply a heater for the night. I accepted, and had it running all night. We went out for an hour and a half and when we returned the room still felt chilly. Perhaps around 4 am the room finally warmed up.

3) The radiator cover beside one of the beds needed to be reinstalled.

4) Washroom baseboard had come away from the wall and the wall in the same area appeared to be crumbling near the bathtub;

5) Above the coat rack, there were rodent droppings and a lot of dust; and,

6) The entrance door had a lot of scuff marks, and hand prints visible .

These are not big or expensive repair and maintenance issues. Of the six items , the rodent issues and the temperature were the most serious. This is Canada...in December... and heat is very important. The price was very good. And some might say "what do you expect for $52?" I don't expect fine linen sheets, but I do expect a clean, comfortable and maintained room.

I find that the older I get, the more willing I am to pay a premium for comfort when I travel. And, situations like these I find extremely bothersome since they give the impression that the owners care very little about their customers. In high traffic areas like Niagara Falls, if they loose one customer now, guaranteed in short order another will appear.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dgflyer
Reviewed November 19, 2011

The staff were superb! They kept the office open till 1am because our flight was delayed. They were also very friendly and knowledgable regarding the city. Everything was clean and comfortable. Overall don't expect the Hilton, but you will definitely get more then you pay for (we have stayed in hundreds of hostels, motels and hotels throughtout Europe, America, Australia and Asia and this has been on of the best valued and friendly we have come across)

• Stayed: November 2011