New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Niagara Inn Downtown
Niagara Inn Downtown
Ranked #117 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Previous reviews DO NOT do this Motel justice.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2010

As I was making reservations for a cousin from Indiana, I visited this motel on 3 separate occassions, and personally viewed 4 different rooms. I was looking for a non-smoking room that smelled fresh and free of smoke. I saw two rooms accessed from the parking lot on the ground floor, and then viewed two rooms upstairs, as my cousin preferred that location. ALL the rooms I viewed were IMMACULATE. The carpeting was new, and bedcoverings and curtains appeared to be new also. The rooms were well equipped, with a small fridge, coffee maker and air conditioner, plus the usual desk and chair. I paid particular attention to the bathrooms, and they had ceramic tiled floors and shower stalls, and were lovely. Even the stairs and upstairs hallway had new carpeting and looked immaculate. As the previous reviews were all 3-5 years old, they DO NOT reflect current conditions. The room rates are exceptionally reasonable, and excellent value. If you are looking for something more elaborate, expect to pay double or triple the rates here. My cousin was only looking for a place to spend the night (she is staying NINE nights, and will be spending all the rest of her time visiting with us. It's close by to where we live, and absolutely perfect in every way for her requirements. Need I say more?

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Tut01

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2007

I ended up here not by choice but a recommendation from Arcona motel. I origianally booked with them and discovered they had problems with the room and referred me here at the same price. What a mistake, The bathroom had hair on the floor and the sheets had hair on them as well. They refused to give me my money back , I had only checked in 1/2 previous, we ended up getting into a fight with the front desk and she called the manager only to have her hang up on us, then the front clerk locked herself in the office and left us hanging there. I called Amex to cancel the transaction ASAP. The rooms also smelled like cigerates, not a nice experience. Ended up going to Econolodge and had a wonderfull room and good experience, definately would go back there again.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank TorontoCarebear

Travelers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2007

The hotel seemed clean, but was extremely run down and old. The carpet was stained and shabby, the furniture worn, and the bed uncomfortable. The pillows were basically just thin lumps. There was a smell of urine in the room, which was also extremely tiny. The walls were thin, and the plumbing noisy. The neighborhood was also not very good -- I'm not sure why it's called the "downtown", since it's not downtown. I guess it's driving distance to downtown, but it seemed like so was most of the town.

There was a bed, a TV that worked, and a serviceable bathroom. Maybe for the price, we shouldn't have expected more, but I would not recommend this hotel.

• Disliked — poor quality of the room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2007

WOW !!!!!!!!! Friendly Staff

The place was very clean and comfortable. Well worth the price.
Quiet place looking for a relaxing getaway....... this is your place to be. The staff was so helpful, it was my first time in the naigara falls and the staff was like having my own tour guide. They have me staying there for life.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2006

Upon showing up at the hotel, the inside was worse than the outside looked. The bathroom was totally unacceptable, with a mirror that you could not see in, hairballs on the floor, hair on the toilet and sink. We asked for it to be cleaned, left for 2 hours, and returned to find a half-hearted attempt to clean. We didn't detect any smell that would indicate any cleansers were used. We asked for a refund and did not stay.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not go here!!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
Cleveland OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2006

Rooms were spartan, no tea or coffee making facilities.
Sheets too small for beds
Hot water only lukewarm in rooms
Coffee only available at front desk occasionally
Air conditioner very noisy but not very effective
The owners clearly had little experience at running a motel.

• Stayed May 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2005

I should have read the reviews first! Absolutely the worst stay I have ever experienced. I had ordered the Jacuzzi Room online. When I arrived, I was most disappointed. The room smelled awful! The air conditioner was running but the filter was clogged and there was such a heavy smell of cigarettes, even though it was supposed to be a NON-SMOKING room. The carpets were stained and the bedding looked as though it hasn't been washed. The smell made me sick, my body started reacting - my eyes got itch and watery, I felt sick to the stomach. I felt like throwing up. WHen I told the manager I don't want it because I cannot stay here - I feel sick from whatever mould or whatever was growing there, he told me tough luck and actually used profane language. Very unhospitable and extremely rude and UNPROFESSIONAL. I'm surprised that the motel is still in business. STAY AWAY! You will get sick. Most unpleasant experience. Shame on the owner and manager.

• Stayed August 2005