“Great stay for $$”

Ranked #78 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great stay for $$”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed here one night.
The room is nice and clean. It has everything that you need.
We can walk to the falls just 5-10 mins walking,we love it.
The bed is very comfortable to sleep,the staff is very friendly and helpful about the direction.
Will come back to stay again next year.

1 Thank Wiwanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I must admit when I 1st booked my recent stay at the Diplomat Inn, I had booked it with reservations.

Upon arriving to the property itself, I found the owners, Angelo & his wife Joanne Orsini most welcoming, & I was VERY pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the Motel & how friendly the staff were at the hotel.

The falls are a short 5-10 minute walk from the property & Angelo was quick to provide valuable information as to where to eat & where to avoid & also mentioned what bus route & the cost of the local transit, to get to the Bus/Train station.

The room we had, was room#211, was bigger than I imagined & the Ice Room is located on the 2nd floor, next to room 209.

As I have mentioned to Angelo the next morning, over a complimentary coffee, my GF & I will definately stay at their property again in the near future.

This property is quiet because it is off the main drag where all the other hotels are, but very close to the Falls, The Skylon Tower & other Attractions along Clifton Hill.

I definately recommend this property to ANYBODY looking for a comfortable bed, not to pricey, beautiful clean rooms & super friendly staff.

Patrick Descoteaux

Room Tip: I whave only stayed once in room #211 & it was gorgeous
2 Thank Patrick D
Simcoe, Ontario
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stay here all the time! You cant beat a hotel that close to the falls/Clifton Hill and as cheap as it is. The staff is so nice. The guy that owns it always talk to me and my boyfriend. Whenever we stay down there we always stay at the diplomat inn and will continue to stay there. Cant complain :)

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank tiffaney_94
Ridgetown, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed in the spa room with heart shaped tub! Room quiet and clean. Queen bed comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful suggesting local good places to eat! Good value and walking distance to most attractions! I would stay here again.

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at the diplomat inn during the Memorial Day weekend, and it was a great find. It was nice and close to all the attractions, but far away enough that we were not disturbed by any noise. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were nice and clean. Will definitely be staying at the diplomat on our next trip to the falls!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Sara D
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were searching for an affordable pet-friendly place to stay near Niagara. Diplomat's pet policy (additional $10 per night) is very reasonable given some of the insane pet 'friendly' policies of major hotel chains (up to $50 per night) when I did my research. I called to make my reservation and the staff was very friendly on the phone and the quoted rate is far below what I would find on Expedia, Orbitz, etc for similar motels in the area.

We had an uneventful stay at Diplomat. The decor and building is dated and our room had an old musty smell but it wasn't too unpleasant. No microwave/fridge in our room and minimal amenities are provided (just shampoo and soap). The AC even at the lowest setting blew out arctic cold air so we learned to turn it on for about an hour before bed and then turning it off the rest of the night. The pool was not ready when we stayed and I probably wouldn't have used it anyway since it's in the middle of their parking lot and right in front of a busy street. The check-in staff though were very nice.

If you only require the basics from your motel and you want a bargain this is a decent place to stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank robinsena
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a little place where you get what you pay for.

It is not a luxury hotel, but the location is amazing, at walking distance to the falls! So you can easily leave your car parked and just walk.

So the hotel is also located to the tower which I would recomend to visit in the night in order to see the night lights show.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple