“Great value, nice staff, good location but….”
Review of The Diplomat Inn

The Diplomat Inn
Ranked #79 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Decided on this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews – a really cheap hotel, walking distance from the major attractions, parking and WiFi and good reviews. It was not a disappointment – the room looked a bit neglected but it was clean and beds were satisfactory. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. Nevertheless there was a bad odor in the room and throughout the corridor. Since windows could not open, I couldn't get rid of it. My children were not bothered with it…but I will not return.

1  Thank Merav A
There are newer reviews for The Diplomat Inn

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had to book a room last minute and this seemed like a good choice. Located right in the thick of things it was okay for a night.
It was not clean and the tv reception was poor. I will say that the desk staff was helpful and kind.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SteaminPete
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife, daughter and I were in town for the Run or Dye colour run. We had booked a second room for my MIL, but unfortunately due to her husbands medical issues, she could not make it. I let the lady at the front desk know I was aware of the cancellation policy and was fully prepared to accept it. She told me not to worry about it and never charged me for the extra room. I was floored. I never asked for this, but this truly made my day. The room we had was comfortable even with the very firm mattress. Area was quiet at night. Close by to all different places to eat and just a short walk to the tourist trap call Clifton Hill...lol.She even allowed us to check out a little later than 11am the next day (Sat the 7th) as we wanted to shower after the run. Not that we minded walking around or going to eat all coloured up...lol
I would stay here again if I needed to.

1  Thank Derrick W
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Joanne and the staff were very accomodating on short notice and the homey atmosphere of The Diplomat was second to none. Was rained in the day we were leaving so decided to sta another night. We ended up at the Diplomat be ause we were on a budget. Compared to the next door Ramada at which we stayed the first two nights it was not as luxurious as our jacuzzi suite but was far cheaper and the staff were far more personable and friendly. Great location, great price, free parking. Do yourself a favour when at the Falls and check them out!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ryan b
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had three nights at the Falls. A friend of mine advised me not to stay at the Falls and rather stay at Niagara by the Lake but as we were travelling by train we decided to stay closer. At first I thought Niagara Falls might be too noisy but the Diplomat was very quiet at night. The rooms were very clean, shower was hot and the airconditioning cool during hot weather. The staff were very helpful and friendly especially when I lost my passport and was due to go back into the US the next day! They advised me to contact the Niagara Parks police which I did and ! got my passport back, happy ending. This motel is much friendly and personal than some of the bigger ones we stayed in on our visit to the US and Canada.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went to this hotel in 2012 with our 2 kids, and service, price, cleanliness, were above average. The building is two blocks from the falls and the Skylon tower. Nice pool too. The beds were comfortable too, but at my opinion a little too hard. My wife found it ok. The price is not bad on the internet, but if you call by phone you can often get little better prices. Recommend

Room Tip: I prefer on second floor, more quiet. A/C quiet too.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is not a 5 star establishment, not even 2. However, it is a clean, quiet and comfortable place to spend your night. You can leave your car in the parking lot and walk everywhere as everything is relatively close.

Important tip: Make sure you check in before 9PM. You don't want to be left out.