“reasonable price for a quality room”
Review of The Diplomat Inn

The Diplomat Inn
Ranked #79 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The room was nice and good location.. just walking distance to all palce.. will come back to this hotel when we return to this area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank John S
There are newer reviews for The Diplomat Inn

Reviewed March 3, 2012

A great location. My family and I stayed here while we visited Niagara Falls. It was very close to the falls, a quick walk. There rooms were very spacious and clean. The price couldn't be beat. The front desk staff were most gracious and suggested where to visit and make the most of our time. We will suggest thos hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank JumpinJenn
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The staff are very friendly & owner is nice but this does not help the fact that their rooms are infested with big bites! Stayed there before & didn't know at the time what the marks on my body were! So grateful we didn't bring our toddler son with us!! The rooms are dated and not cleaned thoroughly.
My husband & I will never stay there again despite its ghost rates & location.
My whole body was covered in bites including my forehead which is disgusting! It took a week for the burning to stop and the scars are still there. We had to disinfect and thoroughly clean all our belongings. Still paranoid about them and afraid to stay in any hotel again.
Hope this forewarns anyone considering staying there.

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank Avid-world-travelr
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was my second time staying here. The front desk manager is very nice. Has great knowledge of the surrounding area. The room was okay with two twins beds. It was great for one night. The beds were comfortable. The tv worked okay. Not much space for putting your clothes, so if staying for a few nights bring some hangers. I would stay here again for the price.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sim0n76
Reviewed February 5, 2012

First time staying here, the staff were VERY friendly and helpful. We opted for the jacuzzi suite, price was reasonable and the room was clean and nicely decorated. Will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cuba422
Reviewed January 30, 2012

No frills inn, with friendly, helpful staff. Rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Great water pressure in the shower. Only minor drawback: the desk is not occupied at night, which made me a little uncomfortable as the rooms only had flimsy door-handle locks that open with a key. Our door had a deadbolt on it, but we didn't get a key for that. They should update their lock system. Otherwise, no complaints and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HannaFriday
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed for two nights over new years. I have to say good value for the money! Angelo and Joanne are both very friendly and helpful - made us feel very welcome. The room was clean with daily housekeeping, It was quiet and comfortable. Sure, the decor is dated, who cares? Actually felt like I was at a cottage, adding to the comfort factor. Everything necessary was functional and we had no problems. Complimentary coffee and tea from a machine in the lobby that was actually quite good.

A note to wheelchair users - the place is indeed accessible with a level entrance from the parking lot and the ground room floors were adequate for this purpose. Bit narrow on the bathroom door but otherwise perfect. The beds are actually perfect height for transferring - a rarity!

Ignore the other complainers here, I thought it was great value for the money and I can't think of a single thing to complain about, a rarity for me!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple