“It's the most satisfying place I live while travelling!!!”

Greystone Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 69 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Bill, Rob and Scott, you are doing such a good job! I'm kind of picky person, but I'm so impressed by greystone manor! Everything is so clean, breakfast is so tasty. Like those collections in your house and decoration. Thank you for those advise and riding! I'll visit you again when I go Niagara next time!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This B & B in Niagara Falls, Ontario was a BRIGHT SPOT in our trip! We enjoyed this WELL-MAINTAINED historic property with it's CHARMING decor and LOVELY gardens. Their website states that they are 15-25 minutes from most attractions; we found the location a little too far to walk, but no problem for us, as we drove to the Casino, where we parked for a VERY REASONABLE price. We walked to view the FALLS and then to dinner.

We stayed in the Pearl Room; the only choice available at the time of our booking. It is a COZY, COMFORTABLE room with a dedicated bathroom, which is located across the hallway. This worked out okay (the hosts provide robes for guests to use) but I prefer an en suite bathroom for added privacy. The bathroom shower does need an update. There is no tub; the shower door sticks and the pressure and water temperature are not the best, but we found the overall COMFORT and CLEANLINESS of our room to make up for this.

Breakfast was DELICIOUS and VERY GENEROUS portions are served! We were offered a variety of fresh fruit, yogurt, stuffed Texas toast, bacon, sausage, home-made lemon bread, scrambled eggs, COFFEE, tea and juice. We thoroughly enjoyed our FRIENDLY, ACCOMMODATING hosts, as well as the other guests.

WE WOULD DEFINITELY RETURN!!!

Room Tip: The Pearl Room was GREAT! The addition of a room-darkening shade or curtain would be the only impro...
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The accommodations at Greystone Manor were both clean and charming. Great character in the rooms and decor, but also among the staff. On-site, live-in staff was a plus for any visitor needs. The host(s) were terrific and very engaged with the guests. Breakfasts were deliciously prepared (fresh eggs Benedict, stuffed French toast and fresh fruit cups and other baked goods daily), and the morning company was exceptional with the host's jocular and friendly demeanor---never a lull in conversation, even amongst strangers.

The house is about a mile from the Falls; a walk down a single road to the sites. An easy car ride to many wineries and the scenic town, Niagara-on-the-Lake, too. Ideal location!

Room Tip: The Topaz Room is a renovated carriage house that's its own private quarters, detached from the...
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Everyone has already raved about this B and B, and I am no different. We stayed two nights in the Pearl room, which has a bathroom just across the hall. This was no problem for us, and nobody else uses that bathroom. The room is beautiful and spacious, with a hardwood floor and really comfy bed. There is a fridge in the room as well, which the hosts keep stocked with water. Speaking of the hosts, Scott and Bill are like no other B and B hosts I have met. Not that there aren't other friendly hosts, but these guys go above and beyond in so many ways. Scott was really concerned that we didn't waste our money on touristy restaurants and other places, and had a list of local restaurants that were inexpensive and off the beaten path. We went to one of them, the Tap House on Queen Street, and it was fabulous, really delicious food, great music, and half the price of a restaurant down by the falls. Bill chatted with us at breakfast, and kept pushing food onto the guests like a Jewish mother! It was more like staying with friendly and knowledgeable uncles or cousins than staying at a B and B. The house was beautiful, with so much attention to detail and cleanliness. My one complaint was the shower in the bathroom, which was really bad. The shower head was okay, but it was on a hose that was supposed to be adjustable but was leaky and falling down. The shower door was sort of messed up, too. It was immaculately clean, of course, like everywhere else in the house. If another guest flushed the toilet or worse, took a shower at the same time, the water temperature and pressure would vary crazily from scalding hot to a cold trickle. That is why I rated the rooms "very good" instead of excellent, just for the shower. This was the ONLY thing I could even rack my brain to think about as a criticism, and it's a lovely old house, so what do you expect? If you want a perfect shower, go stay in the Sheraton. If you want the most charming, elegant, peaceful and lovely older home with the most friendly, helpful and kind hosts, this is your place. Oh, and the day I left I had to get an early train so I missed the amazing breakfast. They made me a packed lunch to take with me! So incredibly thoughtful. If we ever come back to Niagara Falls, we will definitely stay here. Thanks, you guys! It was wonderful!

Room Tip: The room with the bathroom across the hall is very reasonably priced, and as nobody else uses the ba...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GreystoneManorBB, Owner at Greystone Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such thoughtful feedback. We really want your experience at Greystone Manor to feel like you are staying with long-lost family and it sounds like we have succeeded. Your kind comments are extremely touching and flattering. Thank you.

We really appreciate the feedback on the Pearl bathroom as well. We've been able to address a couple of your concerns and have been able to get the sticking door repaired and have replaced the shower head nozzle. Regarding the water pressure and the temperature changes, we are still working to address this issue.

As you can hopefully appreciate, plumbing in a century home can occasionally be challenging. At the moment, it looks like replacing the shower units may have to wait until the off-season to allow enough time to complete the repairs and not impact our guests. Hopefully all of our guests will be as understanding as you have been. Thank you again for your feedback and we sincerely hope you will return for another visit.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at the Greystone in Niagara Falls one night last week in celebration of my husbands birthday. I wanted to take him to Niagara Falls, ( a little get-a-way. ) as we both have not been to the Falls in many years. I booked the Bed and Breakfast based on all the great reviews that I had seen on Trip Adviser. I have to tell you everything was more than I had expected. The room we stayed in was the Topaz room. A room with its own entrance. The room was very clean and very comfortable. Scott was there to greet us, and made some suggestions to near by restaurants, for dinner , which were excellent. There was a bottle of red wine, and two large pieces of red velvet cake, in the fridge, in honor of my husbands birthday. How very thoughtful.. My husband was so pleased... We have been telling all our friends and family about the Greystone Manor. The owners of this B & B really go out of there way to see that your stay is a very warm and pleasant experience. The little things they do make the Inn so enjoyable. The breakfast was wonderful, and the conversations with Bill and Scott and another guest made us feel so welcomed. This
B&B is rated # 1 out of 64 B&B in Niagara Falls and I can definitely see why. The Inn is beautiful both inside and out. Very well cared for. Thank You Bill, Scott, and Rob for such a pleasant stay.
We will definitely be back !

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stay here one night on 6 Jun. Felt the full-heart service even before our stay when I received the warm welcome email from Bob. Bob & Steve are super kind and friendly. I enjoyed the sharing during breakfast with other guests much. The food was excellent, the room was comfy, the B&B is well decorated ... everything are great here! Especially thanks for all the special preparation for us!

I highly recommend you to choose Greystone when you travel to Niagara! Definitely, we will visit Greystone again too!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed one night. The house is beautifully restored and charming. The hosts are warm and friendly. The breakfast was superb. I encourage people to consider this place as it clearly is an excellent bed and breakfast

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jade Room. It was large, bright, clean and had its own spacious bathroom.