“Don't care / wanna party - cool!”

Candlelight Motor Inn
Ranked #107 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Room isn't too bad but you can tell they have recieved a $@#^ kickin' from previous guests. Bathroom was sketch; not clean, 2 towels only + soap was weird (no smell, didn't lather). What also sucked was there was no shampoo provided. The lady at the front desk had no idea about anything and answered every question re: accommodations with - "I don't know, they didn't tell me" .... Our group booked the rooms out well in advance so in terms of rate vs. our experience, there was thorough disappointment. As one of our group said - "best thing that could happen here was if it burned down." A little harsh in terms of review but to be fair - not too far off either vs. what we collectively paid. That said, if you do want to party, you will be with likeminded people who don't care and probably won't start complaining about noise until at least 4:00am, and that's probably only probably because they have a morning tee off somewhere. Actually, you might want to bring something (like bleach) to clean the toilet too if your experience was anything like mine. In terms of being close to ammenities - it's at least a $15+ cab ride wherever you are going downtown so maybe when calculating the round trip / spending a little more - there si no savings here. Better to reinvest somewhere downtown and walk ... sorry, that's as nice as I can get about this review. Guess I'm just getting too old to stay in flea bags.

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo and body wash.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank scott s

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Blocked toilets, only one facecloth and two towels in a room for four!
No tissues, alarm clock didn't work and neither did coffemaker.
Breakfast was poor - coffee/orange juice/toast/waffles and Cheerios - and no space to eat it in.
All this for $150 per room on a Saturday night. Comment from the front desk - 'That's the price' with no inclination to listen to comments or complaints. I said that I wouldn't be staying here again. Reply from front desk - 'That's fine. No-one asked you to stay anyway'.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank bikermart0909
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Not a wink of sleep. Rowdy neighbours. No one present at the motel to deal with noise. We would high tail it out of Niagara Falls and not look back if we were not so tired. Now we have to find another place to get some sleep.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LittleCurrent
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I am writing this from the Candlelight Inn at 5 am because it's impossible to sleeep here, so i might as well do this as anything else. The men in the room above us (i guess, and from the sound of it, there's at least three of them) have been yelling at each other, moving furniture, running water and so on, nonstop for the past three hours. There's nothing we can do about it since there's nobody in the office of this place and we're not crazy enough to go knock on the door of these yahoos. (I trust that is not profanity.) Obviously the Internet connection works, and the place was clean enough. The TV works too. But we came here to sleep and that's impossible. I'll have to wait until there's somebody in the office before i can talk to management but i certainly wouldn't recommend staying here. I hope all the motels in Niagara Falls aren't like this.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gnox
Reviewed August 13, 2010

First time we were in Canada. Picked this motel from a list from AAA. We got one night free using my AAA card. This motel has there own restaurant beside it. It has a shuttle to take you to the sights in Niagara Falls at the end of the driveway. They have a nice clean pool, clean rooms. Beds were comfortable and clean. Housekeeping gave us new towels everyday. We want to visit again soon and will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank chefbowman
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Once we arrived of course we needed the bathroom; however, we had to call the main lobby for someone to clean the toliet. They cleaned the toliet seat, but there were still fecal and urine stains around the toliet. The bathtub had a ring around it and the floors underneath the registers were not sweep. After we left our room the housekeepers did not vaccum the floor the whole time we were there. I was afraid that something would crawl on my husband and I.

Although the price was okay for two (2) days, I would not recommend the stay. For a few extra dollars more, I could have stayed at a much nicer place.

The advertisement list it is close to everything. This is not ture. I was not please with the location of this hotel. You actually had to drive down to Clifton Hills and other sites of Niagara Falls.

One last note: The person at the front counter was very nice, but I think the whole incident turned me and my husband off.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2008

We stayed here in October 2007. Staff told us even though check in was 3:00 our room had still not been cleaned. So we went down the street where there was lots to do. When we did get our room, tv converter did not work and the pictures we had seen online of the rooms did not look at all like those posted, but were fine nonetheless considering all we were going to do was sleep there. Bathrooms were nice and spacious. Restaurant adjacent to the motel, serves fantastic dishes. Probably will come back again in the fall when there are special promotions on.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)