“Good RV Park - Will Go Again!”
Review of Campark Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Campark Resorts
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family and I just got back from 5 nights at this RV Park. As soon as I pulled into the park, I could tell it was going to be a good stay. The staff were courteous and professional and the check in office was clean and well laid out. We were assigned our site, and proceeded through the security gate (which is always a welcome addition to any park). We pull a 45 foot 5th wheel so I am always cautious that the sites will not be big enough for my 5th Wheel. Or the streets / roads inside the park will be too tight for me to get to my site. I chose the pull through premium site with full hook ups. The roads are wide enough to manouver and the trees are trimmed enough that your RV will not get scratched while trying to find your site. We arrived at our site, and it was HUGE. I could have probably fit 2 of my trailers in length wise and width wise. We are not big on lots of shade as far as trees around our site(thats what AC and awnings are for), and our site was wide open. Lots of room to move around and do some activities with the kids.

The park overall is split up into 3 sections. Cabins, Seasonal, and Over Nights. The seasonal sites were very well maintained, as well as the cabins appeared to be from the outside (I did not go into any cabins). The pool area and splash pad were clean and in good shape, which my kids enjoyed. They have nightly activites such as bingo, karaoke, etc. They also have a ice cream shop beside the splash pad that was very reasonably priced.

I have camped in many placed across Canada and the U.S. and this is one place I would go to again without question. It is about a 10 minute drive to Clifton Hill (which is the main street down by the falls). So it is close enough to the falls yet far enough away to be able to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of the tourist trap.

Room Tip: Spend the extra and get the premium pull through full hook up sites.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Craig S
There are newer reviews for Campark Resorts

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We just returned from a 3 night stay at Campark Resorts. Overall, we had a great time. We found the staff to be very friendly when we had a question, and they work very hard to keep washroom facilities, and garbage emptied through the site. Hayrides twice daily was a perk for our little guy as well as the pool/splashpad and the ice cream stand.

We DID feel, however there weren't enough activities. Website advertised daily activities, but found they didn't start until Friday, when we were there earlier in the week. We also had some "campers" come and set up camp at 7am on our last day, which we thought odd that they could get in that early. They woke everyone up around us, including us which was a lousy start to our final day there, but nothing we can do about it now.

The train going through the park is definitley noticeable, not too bad during the day but the 6:30 am train isn't the best wake up call. They dont blow their whistle, but you definitley still hear it. The traffic on Lundy's Lane is also constant, But didn't keep us up at night.

Overall, a good experience. Would I return? I would have to think about it as I'd like to try other campsites in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The lots are generous & you have your own fire pit with grill so that you can cook over the fire. Splash pad & salt water pool were cleaned every day! Hot tub was there too, but didn't take advantage of it. The trees are mature & they are close enough together to make a clothesline. Washrooms were clean & showers were too, HOT water was plentiful! Never felt crowded in the washrooms because there were a generous amount of facilities available, along with a laundry facility. The playgrounds were kid friendly & there were volleyball & basketball courts to have a game on too! There's no need to cook breakfast since the barn offers breakfast from 7am til 11am. There are many trash cans & recycling bins that get collected regularly. The staff are friendly too! All around, great place to stay... the train does not blow it's whistle at the crossing closest to the park! Look forward to making this a yearly trip! Perhaps we'll try a cabin next time...
Wish we would have known about the ice cream shop & kids activities being offered later in the week, from Thursday thru Sundays!

Room Tip: I think any lot would be good, they're all big enough for a large tent & large vehicle! Plu...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed July 9, 2013

On the up side, the staff is friendly, the pool is clean, there are a number of activities and the laundry facilities are adequate and clean. There are enough bathrooms and showers and they're fairly well kept. Hot water is plentiful. The great WEGO bus system runs right up to the campground and makes it really convenient to leave your car parked at the campground while you run around town seeing the sights without having to deal with traffic and the hassle and expense of parking. A little shop at the office sells some basic goods at premium prices, but they'll cheerfully direct you to supermarkets if you prefer not to pay for convenience.
While some of the commenters have been unhappy about the 12 o'clock curfew on campfires, it makes it ideal for a family trip. There are lots of kids here, and I. like most parents, prefer when both I and my kids can get a good night's sleep. The campsites and cabins are close enough that one person's good time can interfere with another's rest. Midnight seems like a reasonable compromise.
The downside? We rented a basic cabin, which was quite reasonably priced, but not especially clean -- lots of spider webs, an old cigarette butt sitting on top of the electrical switch and assorted dead bugs don't quite count as décor. The freight trains going by can be an unwelcome alarm clock, and the tracks run directly next to the north side of the campground for its entire length. Depending on where you are, the bathrooms can be a hike, and it would be a good thing if they were checked for supplies and cleaned more than once a day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dianebd
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Campark is an amazing place to stay. In September of 2012 I booked the same camp site for all of the long weekends of summer 2013. All the staff are super friendly, always stop in to say hi, they keep the place clean and family friendly. Nice pool and hot tub and splash pad for small kids. Security at night is very friendly and do the job right! Overall I would say that it's a great place to camp, there's a reason I go there so often. See u guys Friday for may long weekend!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Ramit32
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Yes this place has a few trains going by, but i have never seen the Wagon Driver drunk or drinking! The people that run it are friendly & reasonably priced considering the train! We've been there many times and plan to go back this year, we did spend 2 wks there with our Grandchildren but the last couple years we spent 8 nights and 7 nights in Muskoka, just for a change!

Room Tip: There's a outdoor pool & splash pad & hottub! If i had to say anything negative, it wou...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LuckyGalonNash
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is by far the best place I have camped at in Ontario. It has a huge pool, kids activities everyday, a very large and pro mini putt with WATERFALLS, go-Pedel bikes, two giant playgrounds and one thats like the McDonalds playgrounds, decorated arcade plus more!

All the kids loved this place, very clean and all the staff connected with my kids and made us feel at home. I would recommend this place over KOA (crowded, tiny and dirty) or Jellystone Park (Deserted and next to loud highway) any day of the week.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family