“BLUE MOON RESORT - AMAZING TIME - CLEAN, PRIVATE, FUN”
Review of Blue Moon Motel

Blue Moon Motel
Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I do not usually write reviews but I felt the urge to write something because of how fantastic this mom and pop motel was.
Blue Moon Resort is what me and my friends (couples/friends) called the place, the owners are very pleasant and are always there to cater to your needs. Very helpful and knowledgeable on where to go and when to see things to get the most value for your money and avoid those tourist traps!

POOL - PRIVATE, FUN
My favorite thing about the motel is the pool and garden/BBQ area, they have light ambient music ie. jazz, salsa, or music on request!! that makes you feel like your on a resort, GREAT POOL and top of the line BBQ ALL TUCKED AWAY IN THE BACK AND NOT IN THE FRONT OF THE STREET LIKE ALL THE OTHER MOTELS!! I never understood why motels put pools that face the street (not quite or private, peering eyes, dirty air, not safe)! In fact, I will make my decision off of the location of amenities on the ground for any motel I look at from now on, I will not stay at a motel that has a pool facing a street ever again. Therefore the Blue Moon Resort layout is superb. The owner even gave us some of their BBQ food when we were relaxing in the garden area, very nice people.

ROOM - CLEAN, PRIVATE
This is my second time at the Blue Moon, It was a year ago when I went my first time, back then they did some renovations and now more has changed! They installed HARD WOOD FLOORS since the last time I was there. Really great idea, I am a 'Germaphobe' so I never understood why motels use carpet. The room was clean, there is nothing else I need to say, that is all I need.

FINAL THOUGHTS
I have been to Niagara a number of times. I have been fooled by the cheap prices of other motels but the places were disgusting, neglected, and had poor management. I regretted the choices each time and experiences varied.
I have made the Blue Moon Resort my top choice/recommendation for anyone who wants to visit Niagara Falls. Without a doubt this should be your first choice, better than the corporate hotels.
Plus there is a shuttle bus that picks you up and drops you off at the front of the Blue Moon, so location is not of any concern, if you drive, nothing is more than 10 minutes!! they are directly across from the Americana which has a restaurant and an indoor waterpark that you can pay for the day to enjoy without the major expenses of staying at their hotel.

Room Tip: Second floor has a translucent covered terrace to enjoy outside of the rooms, Ground floor shares th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Ryan T
BlueMoonNiagaraFalls, Owner at Blue Moon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic and motivating comments and we assure you that we will try our utmost to make your next visit as enjoyable as the first and second one.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My children and I stayed for 3 night in this motel and it was wery good experience.My kids have a dance competition at Americana resort just across the road from the motel and it was very convenient.Room was clean,it has a kitchen where you can cook,an additional sofa bed ,where more people could sleep.The staff of the motel were friendly and helpful.I like free breakfast.
Cleaning service was good.Location was also great,there are Fresco store,Tim Hortons,bakery not too far away.The motel also has an outside swimming pool,that we could not use due to cold weather.

Room Tip: If you travel with kids choose 2 queen with the kitchen.
5  Thank luba072
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed at Blue Moon for one night. The hotel is simple, but very clean. All rooms are decorated differently. They upgraded our room at no additional cost. Ours had a small fridge, and were very clean. The rooms could you use some updates, but there isn’t anything wrong with them. We used the heater and the internet and they both worked perfectly. As the hotel is very small, it may feel a little bit crowded at full occupancy.

Still, I would like to highlight their service. As I mentioned before, they upgraded our room at no extra cost. Also, my parents do not speak English or French, and usually people ignore them because they cannot communicate, but the clerk was very professional and welcoming to them as well. She gave us directions on where to park near the falls, and recommended a few attractions in the area. The hotel has a pool and a few grills available for the guests to use.

Although I saw some tourists waiting for the bus to go where the action is, it seems that it would be better to bring your own car.

Overall, if you are looking for an affordable and clean place to stay, this hotel will do it.

5  Thank alltimesticket
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here in early May for 3 nights. Room was comfortable and quiet and reasonably priced at $55 for 2 people. Owner was helpful and friendly. Decent restaurants and grocery store within walking distance. Would stay here again.

3  Thank r g
Reviewed May 16, 2013

At first I was a little worried when we arrived and were assigned a room different than the type we'd requested, but the owner was able to look up our reservation, confirmed it & made a quick substitution, so then everything worked out just fine. The room was a good size, had a kitchenette & 3-piece washroom just like we wanted. The washroom even had a window with a screen and also its own electric heater, so that was really great for clearing out steam after a shower & discouraging any mold growth. The kitchen had window & fan, a big fridge, and no freezer but we didn't really need that. I think there was also a microwave in the office we were welcome to use if we needed to. The kitchen also had a toaster oven. I don't think the big oven worked, but the toaster oven was enough, and there were also working hot plates, some utensils and a lot of dishes. We did have to do a little cleaning of some of the dishes, etc., but enough of everything worked, so cooking was no problem.

The hotel's outdoor area around the pool & parking lot are really attractive. There are lots of trees and it's a nice place to relax. Sometimes it was easy to hear the neighbors talking out on the shared balcony -- another comfortable place that lends itself to social gathering -- but most of the time it was pretty quiet, and anyway, the neighbors were cool. The owner & staff were also very friendly and helpful whenever we had questions, and there was always plenty of food at the complimentary breakfast. The beds were comfortable and clean, and the daily cleaning service & towel replacement was great.

It was easy to fine tune the room temperature to just right when it got cold at night, although the main room heater and its controls were hidden behind the desk on which the TV sits, so it was a little inconvenient to get at them. But that kind of thing is only a minor inconvenience and I'd say it's probably not worth the expense of rennovating and having to charge more. For the overall price of the stay it was all pretty good value and we'd like to stay again if we're back that way.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard B
BlueMoonNiagaraFalls, Owner at Blue Moon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and all remarks are very helpful to make the Blue Moon motel upto the best standard we can offer to our guests. We look forward to having you here again.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was a beautiful place I felt nice and relaxed and my fiance loved it.We will be going back when we reach Niagara again. A Beautiful room,felt so relaxed,comfortable and peaceful,this felt like my home away from home. I recommend this motel to anyone who wants great quality,mutual respect and a clean rodent free well maintained environment.Thank you to the owners for your hospitality!

Room Tip: There is nothing i could say to make any of the rooms more delightful then they already were. Extra...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Scotty d
BlueMoonNiagaraFalls, Owner at Blue Moon Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review and glad that you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to having you here again and meeting your mother. Please do not hesitate to call us directly. Have a great day.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We found this place to be honest, open and friendly. It doesn't pretend to be upmarket and it isn't but if you are disappointed then look at what you paid and you'll find the real value. The owners were helpful and the room was clean and warm if a little old-fashioned. So there were a couple of builders pickups out in the lot? And a few people outside smoking? So what? It's what people do. I feel this place got us a little closer to the real Canada than any pretentious hotel.
I would stay again, no problem... oh, and by the way... if you're in the market for an old second-hand Jaguar, the landlady has one she would like to sell...

Room Tip: Anywhere on the upper floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family