“Good location but...”

Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Stayed here with my spouse for our anniversary this weekend (Room 606 - jaccuzi room) but would not stay again. The hotel is not appealing from the outside, and sorry to say but not much to desire from the inside either. The room was okay, but as others mention, the carpeting (brown colour) was dirty and the furniture added nothing to the room decor. The one gem I found was the pillows! They were absolutely great! The jaccuzi is an older model but worked however, the shower is really small! I had a hard time taking a proper shower (I am only 140lbs) because there was hardly space to manuever.

I read about hardwood flooring and flat screen tv's but not in this room. Maybe on the 7th floor so if you're booking try to secure one of their renovated room on the 7th floor. I could see the falls from my room (which had a balcony) so this was nice. Also, the hotel is right across from the casino and next to the skylon tower and Imax theatre. Parking is free but try to get there early enought to find a spot - we went out for dinner and came back approximately 10 pm and there was no parking!!!!

When we booked the room we were told (this was on their website as well) that breakfast would be at the restaurant next door (Coco's) from October to May but when we checked in they told us that this particular weekend it would be served onsite and that they would go back to Coco's next weekend. I found this to be strange but there's nothing we could do at this point. For breakfast they had hot and cold cereal, toast, sausages, eggs, english muffins, yogurt, danish, orange and apple juice and coffee/tea. Enough to get you going for the day...

The price is good if you're on a budget - we paid $134 (taxes included) per night. As they say, you get what you pay for so I am not really complaining but glad I experienced it for myself so next time I'll know to go somewhere else.

1  Thank MoMof1Plus1
fallsviewmanager, Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

Thank you for your comments about our property. We strive for excellent customer service and making sure our guests have an excellent stay with us. I hope you allowed our staff to try to
correct any problems that you had with your stay as this is our policy and we want to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

I searched and searched for a great hotel for our little family getaway to Niagara Falls. Quite often we stay at the Holiday Inn, but it was overpriced for this quick trip. So, after reading all of the reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to book here. We stayed in Room 506 which "overlooked the falls" or at least the street down to the falls. The carpets were dirty, and there were stains on our sheets. We had to ask for the room to be cleaned on the second day because the cleaning staff doesn't clean the room if you stay more than one night. The room had been slightly "updated" - new surround in the bathtub/shower, newer tiles in the entry, and new paint. The beds/bedding/curtains looked new but the furniture was not. I spent most of my trip worrying about bedbugs, and couldn't sleep because of it. The location was awesome, and the free parking is great. I guess I should expect less, when I pay less - but that being said, I would not stay here again. I'd rather pay more to know I'm staying in a clean hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Travl_nMom_10

Thank you for your comments on this site. We strive for excellent customer service and guest satifaction. Our property is in the midst of starting renovations that will upgrade and improve areas that are needed. Our boutique style of rooms in our courtyard section get rave reviews from our clients and location is key.

Again Thank you for your comments they make our team stronger

Reviewed October 3, 2010

Booked this hotel after reading a few reviews. Booked a tower room, and paid a very reasonable price on the Gov't rate. We ended upon on the 3rd floor, with a view of the parking lot. Not what I would have wanted, but again, if I wanted a guaranteed view of the falls, I would have paid $200+ to stay at one of the better hotels. The room was clean with a comfortable bed, and the bathroom was very clean as well. Parking was included as well as a small buffet breakfast, which was way more than just a continental breakfast. There was a very nice selection of assorted pastries, toast/english muffins, cold cereal, yogurt, scrambled or hard boiled eggs, sausage, fresh orange juice, apple juice, coffe & tea.

The entire place could use some updating, but that doesn't take away from the fact that for the price we paid, we had a clean, comfortable room to sleep in, that was directly across from the Fallsview Casino and within walking distance to the falls, and a very short walk to a nearby Tim Hortons. All in all a good value for the money, and I wouldn't hesitate to return.

1  Thank bags29
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We have been to Niagara Falls several times for a quick get away. Our room was okay. It was supposed to be a non-smoking but the room smelled like cigarettes even after spraying Lysol. We asked to be moved to another room but the front desk representative indicated the hotel was full.

There was a flat screen tv (batteries in remote were dead), the toilet rocked, and the location of this hotel is great however, if you end up in one of the rooms on the outside "motel" portion of the site forget about getting a good nights sleep. You can hear everything from traffic noise to people talking while walking to and from their rooms to the pounding of foot steps as people walked up and down the stairs as well as across the balcony. Too make matter worse the lounge Coco's next store plays music that can be heard through the thin walls.

If you are trying to rest before going out or go to sleep after being out you might as well forget about it. My husband called the front desk to ask them about the music and they had no clue where it was coming from. My husband got dressed and went out to determine the location of the music. He discovered it was Coco's. When he explained to the hostess how we could hear the music, they said it would be going off in 10min. We left our TV on to try and buffer out the noise from the music but once we turned the TV off, we could hear all the other noises. A couple years ago we stayed at the Holiday Inn which is connected to Coco's restaurant. This is a much nicer location and you don't get all the outdoor noise because the rooms are inside the hotel separated with "real walls".

2  Thank kanuri
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I couldn't believe that a hotel so close to the falls (5 minutes walk to the river with falls visible from front door) was so reasonably priced and was expecting to arrive at a total dump! The check-in staff were helpful and efficient and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The excellent breakfast (included in the price) was at the restaurant next-door. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank SandyEngland
Reviewed September 13, 2010

1st trip to Niagara Falls and to celebrate our 25th anniversary. After reading some good reviews and suggestions on tripadvisor, I decided to use my Choices points and made our 2 nights reservation thru the Choices online. We requested the 6 or 7th floor with falls view. When we got there, they gave us the 4th floor. I asked them if they had the 7th floor available. They told me that’s not for the category I booked. After they found out how I booked my room, they said the central reservation didn’t know anything about the hotel and gave me that category room. I asked them if they had the 7th floor’s room available. They just kept telling me my booking didn’t qualify for those rooms. We stayed in one of those tower rooms but I didn’t see any newly décor. The room smelled musty. Indoor pool BUT it was not inside the hotel. You had to walk across your hotel to get into the covered pool. Oh, people could see you swimming from the street. The elevator was outside the parking garage and felt unsafe. Guests supposed to use their key to open the door to get in, but the door remained open all the time. Anyone could take the elevator. Next morning, I went to ask the front desk to see if they could upgrade our room. After they asked my room number, they told me I couldn’t get any rooms above 4th floor. I told them it was our 25th anniversary and asked them if they could upgrade our room because most hotels let their guest receive an upgrade if they had room available. Guess what she (person looked like in charge over there) said! “It is not mandatory. Only if I want to but I don’t want to!” How rude she was! What kind of customer service. I didn’t see any friendly staff over the front desk at all during my stay. I felt we were being discriminated because we were using our points to get free room. It’s not free. We had to spend money in order to receive those points.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I had a hard time finding a hotel in Niagara Falls that was away from the chaos of Clifton Hill, but not as expensive as the Hilton (where we stayed last time). This hotel seemed to be a nice middle ground. We stayed in the hotel part, on the 7th floor, which is the only one that has been renovated. The room was very nice, very very very cold AC, but not completely finished (the doors and trim didn't match the renovation style). Our room faced away from the falls, and therefore we could hear the music from Margaritaville pretty late and pretty loud.

I had called and booked this room and requested a partial American fallsview on the top floor. A week before we went, I called back to confirm my reservation. When we got there, the room faced the opposite direction. In the morning when the manager came in, she did try to find the room I wanted, but they were all already occupied. She gave us a discount on the room we had, and gave us passes to the Skylon Tower, which I thought was pretty good.

The continental breakfast is served at the restaurant in the Holiday Inn next door. The breakfast doesn't include juice, which I thought was weird. The vouchure you get says you could also use it for $10 towards a breakfast meal from their menu instead of the buffet, but no one at the restaurant ever showed us a menu. Usually they would bring us toast and coffee as we were leaving- very slow service.

Overall, I thought this hotel was good value for the money, it does have a great location. When we were putting our luggage in the car, we did find a small bullet casing, which is worrisome.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple