“Good value for the money”

Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Windsor, Canada
“Good value for the money”
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Booked this hotel after reading a few reviews. Booked a tower room, and paid a very reasonable price on the Gov't rate. We ended upon on the 3rd floor, with a view of the parking lot. Not what I would have wanted, but again, if I wanted a guaranteed view of the falls, I would have paid $200+ to stay at one of the better hotels. The room was clean with a comfortable bed, and the bathroom was very clean as well. Parking was included as well as a small buffet breakfast, which was way more than just a continental breakfast. There was a very nice selection of assorted pastries, toast/english muffins, cold cereal, yogurt, scrambled or hard boiled eggs, sausage, fresh orange juice, apple juice, coffe & tea.

The entire place could use some updating, but that doesn't take away from the fact that for the price we paid, we had a clean, comfortable room to sleep in, that was directly across from the Fallsview Casino and within walking distance to the falls, and a very short walk to a nearby Tim Hortons. All in all a good value for the money, and I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bags29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2010

We have been to Niagara Falls several times for a quick get away. Our room was okay. It was supposed to be a non-smoking but the room smelled like cigarettes even after spraying Lysol. We asked to be moved to another room but the front desk representative indicated the hotel was full.

There was a flat screen tv (batteries in remote were dead), the toilet rocked, and the location of this hotel is great however, if you end up in one of the rooms on the outside "motel" portion of the site forget about getting a good nights sleep. You can hear everything from traffic noise to people talking while walking to and from their rooms to the pounding of foot steps as people walked up and down the stairs as well as across the balcony. Too make matter worse the lounge Coco's next store plays music that can be heard through the thin walls.

If you are trying to rest before going out or go to sleep after being out you might as well forget about it. My husband called the front desk to ask them about the music and they had no clue where it was coming from. My husband got dressed and went out to determine the location of the music. He discovered it was Coco's. When he explained to the hostess how we could hear the music, they said it would be going off in 10min. We left our TV on to try and buffer out the noise from the music but once we turned the TV off, we could hear all the other noises. A couple years ago we stayed at the Holiday Inn which is connected to Coco's restaurant. This is a much nicer location and you don't get all the outdoor noise because the rooms are inside the hotel separated with "real walls".

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kanuri
England
Reviewed September 19, 2010

I couldn't believe that a hotel so close to the falls (5 minutes walk to the river with falls visible from front door) was so reasonably priced and was expecting to arrive at a total dump! The check-in staff were helpful and efficient and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. The excellent breakfast (included in the price) was at the restaurant next-door. I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank SandyEngland
Longview, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2010

1st trip to Niagara Falls and to celebrate our 25th anniversary. After reading some good reviews and suggestions on tripadvisor, I decided to use my Choices points and made our 2 nights reservation thru the Choices online. We requested the 6 or 7th floor with falls view. When we got there, they gave us the 4th floor. I asked them if they had the 7th floor available. They told me that’s not for the category I booked. After they found out how I booked my room, they said the central reservation didn’t know anything about the hotel and gave me that category room. I asked them if they had the 7th floor’s room available. They just kept telling me my booking didn’t qualify for those rooms. We stayed in one of those tower rooms but I didn’t see any newly décor. The room smelled musty. Indoor pool BUT it was not inside the hotel. You had to walk across your hotel to get into the covered pool. Oh, people could see you swimming from the street. The elevator was outside the parking garage and felt unsafe. Guests supposed to use their key to open the door to get in, but the door remained open all the time. Anyone could take the elevator. Next morning, I went to ask the front desk to see if they could upgrade our room. After they asked my room number, they told me I couldn’t get any rooms above 4th floor. I told them it was our 25th anniversary and asked them if they could upgrade our room because most hotels let their guest receive an upgrade if they had room available. Guess what she (person looked like in charge over there) said! “It is not mandatory. Only if I want to but I don’t want to!” How rude she was! What kind of customer service. I didn’t see any friendly staff over the front desk at all during my stay. I felt we were being discriminated because we were using our points to get free room. It’s not free. We had to spend money in order to receive those points.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Nova Scotia
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I had a hard time finding a hotel in Niagara Falls that was away from the chaos of Clifton Hill, but not as expensive as the Hilton (where we stayed last time). This hotel seemed to be a nice middle ground. We stayed in the hotel part, on the 7th floor, which is the only one that has been renovated. The room was very nice, very very very cold AC, but not completely finished (the doors and trim didn't match the renovation style). Our room faced away from the falls, and therefore we could hear the music from Margaritaville pretty late and pretty loud.

I had called and booked this room and requested a partial American fallsview on the top floor. A week before we went, I called back to confirm my reservation. When we got there, the room faced the opposite direction. In the morning when the manager came in, she did try to find the room I wanted, but they were all already occupied. She gave us a discount on the room we had, and gave us passes to the Skylon Tower, which I thought was pretty good.

The continental breakfast is served at the restaurant in the Holiday Inn next door. The breakfast doesn't include juice, which I thought was weird. The vouchure you get says you could also use it for $10 towards a breakfast meal from their menu instead of the buffet, but no one at the restaurant ever showed us a menu. Usually they would bring us toast and coffee as we were leaving- very slow service.

Overall, I thought this hotel was good value for the money, it does have a great location. When we were putting our luggage in the car, we did find a small bullet casing, which is worrisome.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia area
Reviewed August 31, 2010

It seems too good to be true: a location a few blocks from the falls, and across the street from walk with high view of the falls. Free on-site parking. A perfect bed, shower, set of pillows, etc. A floor that is polished hardwood, not worn carpet. A decor that is 'designer,' including a modern plexiglass sink and mosaic-tiled sink base and actual interesting art on the wall. A truly nice (and large) indoor pool with plenty of ceiling and wall windows for great lighting and a nice supply of pool towels. AND a breakfast that is a voucher for full breakfast buffet at a next-door restaurant--a buffet that includes eggs benedict (as well as scrambled), real bacon, pints of chocolate and 2 % milk, good quality melon slices, pancakes, cereals, and more (OR one can order off the menu) rather than the usual Choice Hotel in-house breakfast offerings. Amazingly friendly and helpful cleaning staff as well as the front desk staffer. AND a price that is the same as or less than Choice Hotels in lesser locations throughout Ontario. It seems too good to be true, but it is. Gosh did we hate to leave!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Markham, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My husband made my reservation after reading some decent reviews on trip advisor about this hotel. He had problems making the reservation online and called the hotel directly. He was told reservations must be made through Choice Hotels to qualify for the significant organization savings rate. He was told the reservation was for a Tower room, river view, interior corrider and that the room had recently been renovated. When I checked in, I was given a courtyard room beside the parking lot. As I was staying at the hotel the first 2 nights alone, I expressed my safety concerns to the front desk and presented my written confirmation of the room we had reserved. I was told that the river view Tower rooms were being cleaned and not available. I was told the only other option was a second floor tower room just off the upstairs parking lot. I accepted the room as I had no other choice. The room had a view of a blue plastic sheet to shield it from the parking lot. There were bugs in the bed, in the tub and food debris in the bathroom sink. The floor had not been vaccumed. The next morning I went to collect my breakfast voucher at 7:15am. I was told that breakfast did not begin until 8am. The conference I was attending started at 8am so I had to find somewhere else to go and had to pay out of pocket. The next evening my husband called the hotel after I described the room to him. He was told the room had been cleaned before I checked in and again the following morning. The room had not been vaccumed that morning either. I ended up checking out early after a colleague at my conference commented on the nice hotel he was staying at. I checked into the Ramada Inn where I was given a beautiful room, with a nice view and at over $30 less per night. I'm staying at the Ramada Inn the next time I attend this conference in Niagara Falls!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business