“Cascade Inn experience”

Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 9, 2007

July 9, 2007 Just returned from 4 days at Cascade Inn Niagra Falls. We found the carpets in our room to be visibly dirty and the room to have a musty odor. Balcony railings were rusty. The bathroom tub fixture was leaky. Trees on the hotel property were overgrown and partially obstructed the balcony view toward the falls. Handles were found to be missing from several of the dresser drawers in the hotel room. There was lots of dust beneath the double beds in the hotel room. Live entertainment at the hotel and restaraunt next door could be heard loud and clear in the hotel room until 2:00 am nightly. Swimming pool area was found unclean with hair clumps and dirty band-aids on the tile floors. The ice machine near the elevator door leaked a puddle onto the floor in front of the elevator doors. We would not stay at the Cascade Inn again.

• Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank WanderingTourist07

Reviewed April 6, 2007

Stayed at the Cascade Inn which may not look like much on the outside, but the room was very clean and the staff friendly. To have a room with even a partial view of the falls would cost a lot more in other hotels. The location is very convenient for the Fallsview Casino, The Skylon and within walking distance to the falls. I would definitely stay there again. The only inconvenience was the exchange of currency in which case not all places give you the exchange discount. It is better to use credit cards as much as possible and let your bank get you the best exchange rate.

2  Thank dan_the_travelin_man
Reviewed September 17, 2006

I initially booked a jacuzzi room online through info niagara at the Cascade Inn. Shortly after I received an email directly from the Cascade Inn saying the inventory of rooms was not up to date when I booked my room and they did not have a jacuzzi suite available. To compensate for this mistake, I was offered a room with a King Bed at a reduced rate ($69 per night) which I happily accepted.

Although generally satisfied (at the rate we paid) there were a couple things worth mentioning:

The room itself was ok.. large and comfortable with a partial view of the American Falls from our balcony. Washroom was clean... but the fan was very dirty & the tolit seat needed to be replaced.

There was no hairdryer in the room. The front desk had a loaner (1 for the entire hotel) however it didnt work.... apparently if it gets too hot it shuts itself off - I didnt even get that far.

Our sheets were stained. Housekeeping changed the linens without incident however these sheets should have been thrown in the trash in the first place.

I would NOT recommend visiting the on site restaurant. Buffet breakfast is way over priced... $12.00 per person. They only have 4 hot dishes to choose from (scrambled egg, pancakes, homefires + bacon/suasage) and cold cereal. With the vast selection of places to eat in Niagara I'm 100% confident there's somewhere better, and cheaper!

Would I stay here again? Yes, I probably would... if I was on a budget. I am a frequent traveller to Niagara and know that you cant get a room with a partial fallsview for this price anywhere. You can't expect five star quality at this price!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
5  Thank natasha886
Reviewed September 2, 2006

I was a little leary staying when l read reviews but it was well worth the money great location and a nice clean room a great view of the falls we look forward to returning again it is located right beside the new casino and close to both falls

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank bakerboy3
Reviewed July 18, 2006

When we first pulled into the Inn my immediate reaction was to turn around and go somewhere else. But we toughed it out! We stayed here on one of the hottest weekends and the air didn't work real well. The room had peeling wallpaper and plaster coming down, but was otherwise fairly clean, including the bathroom. The hotel did have an old or musty smell to it and it definately needs major updating. The pool area scared me a little though - didn't seem real clean. However, it's in a perfect location to everything which made it tolerable. Probably wouldn't stay there again though!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank krizy829
A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2006

I recently went to this SO CALLED Inn and it was horrible!! First off it was in mid summer so granted you expect air....well are room didnt have any! The lady at the front desk said that there is nothing that she can do about it. It has GREAT location but other then that it is DIRTY, SMELLY, and the employees their are down right rude and unfriendly! I would recommend that you spend a little extra money and stay somewhere NICE.....thanks!

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2006

Stayed here July 1 for Canada day, the rate was $167.00 ,taxes in, High priced, due to the holiday, which was no surprise, WHAT WAS A SURPRISE, was how dirty the room was. The hotel was having an ant problem, there were literally clumps of dead ants under the radiator in the bathroom,which I hid with kleenex so I wouldn't have to look at them. The whole bathroom had not been cleaned for a very long time, lots of dust and hair. The carpet in the room had the most stains, I had ever seen in a hotel, and my bare feet didn't touch it once! The lady at the desk later told me, the carpet was only two years old Yikes! We had two rooms and our friends room wasn't much better, although a few less ant bodies. I book this place, "with" hesitation, due to some of the other reviews,but because of the high prices at a holiday elsewhere and because of their location, which is GREAT! decided to try it. As I said it wasn't the greatest but all we really did was sleep and shower there, so we survived. Would I stay here again NEVER, should you? Only if you get a really cheap rate, or see the room first, so you can get one of the elusive "refurbished" rooms. The falls were great and we had a wonderful time, and the area is worth seeing. I told the lady at the front desk my ant story while checking out and she asked me to write my complaint in their "complaint scribbler", (not a good sign that they have a "Complaint Scribbler") She said she would show it to the manager, other then that there was nothing she could do. Too bad, really, that the hotel didn't care a little more, cause it could be a decent place with a little cleaning? and then they would have happy customers? I love Tripadvisor, even if this wasn't the best hotel, it also wasn't a big surprise thanks to previous reviews, so I went in with my eyes wide open. Heres to great travel!

• Stayed: July 2006