“pictures are decieving”

Ranked #14 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Massillon, Ohio
“pictures are decieving”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked this online. The pictures are somewhat decieving.. hotel is old. Heater in the room..Didnt have a way that we could see to turn it on. Casino next door plays music. We were worried that it would be noisy to sleep. Patio door didnt seem to wk well or block the noise. She told us she wanted to upgrade us to a king room which other than having a wood loor and flat screen Tv was not upgraded at all. When I said this room didn't have a remodeled bathroom as shown as the room I booked I was given a key to see that room. That room had a remodeled bathroom but just looked run down. We didn't stay and she said she hadn't charged our credit card. We went over to the hotel we usually stay when we visit Niagara falls and got a lower rate for a suite. Room rates are too high for this hotel for the shape it is in.
Only nice thing was location and free parking. Garbage dumpsters is the view for most of the rooms and there are sea gulls hanging around it..lots of sea gulls!

6 Thank LisaSabatino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I slept on the 7th floor (best floor of the hotel, if you stay here, only stay on that floor if you need one bed), and the room was very nice but the hotel was merely a wolf in sheepskin clothing... well not that drastic of course. However, its a cheap hotel with mock fancy looks, a nice wooden floor and a relatively large bed with bad quality bedding. HOWEVER! The view was very nice and for the price, I very much like it. I didn't have hot water in one room but was moved to a different floor on the 7th floor (they had made my reservation wrong but I received a lot of discounts which Im okay about) and that room, smaller than the first, still had a nice view of the city and I was pleased with it all. Especially the discounts I received because of the problems that had occurred.

Room Tip: Only pick the 7th floor, don't even stay here if you're going to choose something less.
Toronto, Australia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I booked this "hotel" through a pre pay site but when we arrived and saw it we knew there was no way we would be comfortable staying there. We parked the car and after seeing our room we started looking for a "Hotel" not a "Motel" . We lost the payment made for 2 rooms for 2 nights but we didn't care, we could not stay there
It appears that Quality Hotels took over this old Motel and tried in vain to rate it as a " Hotel" .
The windows were so dirty we could hardly see outside and yet the windows were easily accessible to clean.
Reminds me of the saying "you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear"
If you are ok with a motel then this could be for you otherwise book elsewhere.

Room Tip: No such thing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Turner53
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having never been to the Niagara Falls area and not knowing what to expect, I booked this hotel based on the advertisement that it was the closest to the falls, with a great view. They were not wrong. Easy to get to, close to everything (we were centrally located to anywhere we needed to go), and an excellent view of the falls from the balcony. We had great service from all the people who worked there. We enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel restaurant next door--generous servings of eggs, toast, choice of bacon or sausage, juice and coffee--with waiters and waitresses, no less. Much better than many "free" breakfasts that are do it yourself. The room was lovely, large and clean. We stayed from Friday evening to Monday morning, and just had a wonderful time. Highly recommend this hotel for a budget stay.

God's Country, Ontario
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I decided to get away for a few days to Niagara Falls while on vacation. After much searching and reading I decided to book at the Quality Hotel Fallsview Casscade. We stayed for 3 nights. My criteria for choosing a hotel is this: hot tub, free parking (why should I have to pay for parking if I'm already paying to stay there? I can't teleport to the hotel.), and non smoking. The fact that they offer a hot breakfast was a bonus! So, I chose this "hotel" over others in the area after reading various reviews here on Trip Adviser.

I booked through Expedia.ca and that went smoothly. In the additional information section I iterated that I preferred a room not and the first floor; but, a room also accessible by elevator as my wife had a sprained ankle and is on crutches. This request was accommodated and I am thankful for that.

The employees where all very friendly and helpful. Of special note was the gentleman working the front desk on the afternoon of Tuesday, April 31st. He was very congenial.

However . . .

The pool and hot tub were closed for the exact week of our visit and the restaurant at the Quality is closed during the off season. In lieu of these issues, guests are able to enjoy these amenities next door at the Holiday Inn, which has the same owners. No where on Expedia or on the Quality website does it say these things. I'm a pretty easy going person and normally I would just shrug and be OK with it. However, my wife is on crutches . . . it would have been nice to have received some correspondence upon booking that both the pool area and restaurant were not available on site. We likely would have still stayed at the Quality; but, it would have been nice to be prepared.

The room . . .
As requested, we were given a room accessible by elevator - room 405. Based on the website picture of a queen room I had great expectations - all new and clean, laminate flooring, decent furniture, etc. NO! Not at all, not even close. Can we say false advertising? Oh yes, we can! The room was nice an spacious and the bathroom was impeccably clean - for the most part. More on that in a minute. The bathroom was obviously recently renovated and was nice and up to date. The bed was also VERY comfortable and we enjoyed sleeping in each day and felt well rested. Another highlight of the room as the nice big, flat screen TV. Due to my wife's ankle we did a bit of a "stay-cation" and brought along a DVD player and a bunch of movies.

Here the list of "buts." The sliding balcony door would not open more than half way. There was a cigarette burn hole in the drapery (non-smoking hotel). Thankfully the room didn't smell of smoke at all, as my wife is quite allergic to cigarette smoke. The electrical outlet on the left side of the bed pushed about 1/2" into the wall when trying to plug something in. A handle was broken on one of the drawers in the chest of drawers, making it unusable. The plug behind the TV is an obvious fire hazard as it has so many things plugged in and the multi-plug is literally hanging out of the outlet. The joint between the tile and the carpet has sharp spikes sticking through the carpet - not enough to cause injury; but,definitely enough to feel it in bare feet. The "clean" towels had long black hairs on them and there were long black hairs on the floor in the bathroom and stuck on the hair dryer. I mentioned this the following morning and it was dealt with immediately while we went to breakfast. When we came back, the black hair was still on the hair dryer and later that day my wife still found black hairs on a different towel. Do I need to go on? Sure, why not - it's my review, lol. As a former contractor, the quality of the plastering work and painting was abysmal and there were plaster smears all over the wallpaper. Whoever they had do the work should be out of a job.

As far as location, this hotel is prime. Being right on Murray Street, it's just a short walk down to the falls. I'm not much for the lights, sounds and crowds of Clifton Hill, so being father away from that stuff and closer to the Falls is ideal for me.

Final notes . . .
Any room ending in "05" (e.g. 405, 505, etc.) is a city view room. You will not be able to see the falls. Also, any room on the first or second floor will not be able to see the falls either.

Would I stay here again? hmmmmm . . . maybe if they paid me $69 / night to stay.

If you don't mind all of the issues I listed above and want a cheap room close to the Falls and new casino, you can't beat this "hotel."

Room Tip: Any room ending in "05" (e.g. 405, 505, etc.) is a city view room. You will not be able t...
2 Thank MikeDSpike
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were so disappointed with the room, we called Choice Hotels and asked to switch properties. Byron the guest agent at Choice Hotels was great and they switched us to the Comfort Inn up the street. The staff at the Hotel were great as well. Here are the complaints about the Hotel: The pool was closed so we were invited to use the pool in the Hotel next door. With 3 children, that would have been difficult and awkward. Additionally, the breakfast (upgraded to hot from continental) was also at the hotel next door. It started at 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday. We were there for a dance competition that started at...you guessed it.. 8:00 a.m, so no breakfast unless it was on our dime. The patio door lock was broken, the wall paper was peeling, carpets were mocha brown and threadbare with burns (non smoking room). For the price....Stay away and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Ed C
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed for 2 nigths, the hotel is very old and needs a remmodeling, a lot people on the hotel doing a lot off noise during the night and nobody from the hotels care, the breakfast that they offer was happing on the hotel beside and was a very simple. The hotel location is very good. the parking is free . The front desk person was not friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple