“Poor for the price”

Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Sao Paulo, SP
“Poor for the price”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed for 2 nigths, the hotel is very old and needs a remmodeling, a lot people on the hotel doing a lot off noise during the night and nobody from the hotels care, the breakfast that they offer was happing on the hotel beside and was a very simple. The hotel location is very good. the parking is free . The front desk person was not friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am a 34 year old single mother who traveled alone with her 13 year old daughter. We decided to get away to Niagara Falls for a few days 4/3 to 4/7. I would consider the hotel to be nice. Upon entering the driveway, it looks more like a "motel" then a hotel, and my daughter immediately expressed her disapproval, which made me mad!! I told her to be grateful I was taking her out of our boring small town.. I booked our reservation online. Back home, I did have a few questions, and I ended up calling the hotel and a very nice lady answered my questions. When I did my online reservation, I very nicely requested a balcony room with a view if available, I did not demand it or feel entitled. Anyway, check in was fast and painless. I'd say 5-7 minutes. We booked an indoor corridor room. Meaning, to get to our hotel, you needed to get there via elevator, not an outside door. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door and saw our view. They put us on the 5th floor with a balcony. When my daughter saw the view she was immediately impressed and said it was "cool" and even went online to show off the view to her friends. Her friends were impressed and said they wished they were there. Looking out through the balcony we were right next to the tower, and we had an awesome view of the falls. You simply cannot beat that. Ask NICELY, and you might receive. DEMAND things, and you probably will not. So the room was plain, modern, very clean, no frills. Not posh or fancy, but I didn't pay for posh or fancy.

ROOM TEMPERATOR: The heater was strong and warmed up or cooled the room quickly.

TV: There was a flat screen TV with about 60 channels or so. No HBO or cable. Just basic channels with TV shows. Which was fine with us.

BALCONY: The balcony was decent sized, not huge but not micro sized either. Again, ours had a wonderful view. Probably the best view in the hotel.

BED: I have to give credit where credit is due. The bed and linens were extremely comfortable and I thought they were superior, like something you would get in a 4-5 star place. Linens were clean, crisp, and fluffy. Bed pillows and linens had a percentage of down in them, or some premium filling. They weren't cheap. Bathroom was modern and recently redone, you could tell.

DECOR:I think the decor and hotel has recently been redone, however, the hotel itself is older.

POOL: It was OK. I mean the pool and hot tub were clean, but I noticed there was sand in the hot tub. The pool seemed cooler than I'd expect, but hey, It's expensive to heat up a pool.

So in a nutshell, the hotel is modern, clean, no frills, comfortable, but not posh or fancy. So the outside of the hotel doesn't really look fancy or flashy. There isn't that "wow" factor when you pull in. All I can tell you is, don't let the plain outside exterior scare you. The rooms inside are nice. I even took a look inside the "motel" outside rooms while I was driving by, and they looked even nicer then the room I was in, but you didn't have a view of the falls, just the parking lot. I saw some kids out on the balcony of the outside "motel" section, and the family on the balcony were smiling, looking happy and excited to be there. So clearly, they were happy with their room.

HICCUPS: There were just a couple of hiccups. I woke up one day and there was no water. I called the front desk and the lady said there was a plumbing problem on the second floor, and they had to shut of the water for a couple of hours. We waited, and finally the water was back on. It was a little hiccup, but nothing that ruined our day. Also, the toilet overflowed one evening. I called the front desk and the older gentleman immediately came up to plunge it. Some water got on the floor and he got on his hands and knees to clean it up. I felt bad, thinking I shouldn't allow this older man to have to get on his hands and knees, but then again it's his job, I'm on holiday, so I shouldn't feel bad. The 3rd hiccup, again minor, was the wifi. The wifi worked well on the ipods, but for some reason was very spotty on the laptop. It took me nearly an hour every night to get that wifi signal on the laptop. The computer said we were connected, but then when we tried to get on the internet, it just said "not connected to the internet." So I don't know whats up with that. It could be the computer, OR it could be the hotels wifi. I don't know. We don't have an issue with wifi at home on the laptop. But nonetheless, it was just a minor hiccup.

The biggest and only complaint was the wifi on the laptop. I really wouldn't care but when you have a teenager who wants to go on her web cam at night to talk to friends, oh that can be annoying when the wifi is spotty! Again, wifi was fine on the ipods.

COUPONS: in the lobby there is a coupon booklet. GRAB it. It has some of the best coupons around. Better than the other coupon booklets I've seen.

CASINO: I didn't go gambling, but there was shopping and food. My daughter loved the shopping at the casino and ended up getting several outfits at Sirens for $140. Surprisingly, the souvenirs and shopping really weren't ridiculously priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cutedogsNY
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 11, 2013

What do you expect for $60?

- Across from Casino
- Renovated room with hardwood floors, nice bathroom, balcony, flatscreen tv, free sit down breakfast with eggs, bacon, toast, juice, coffee, free internet, free parking, pool and hot tub

Its a no brainer next time i'm in town, friendly service.

Wish it had a laundry room for cleaning my clothes. O WELL!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TheEnvironmentalist
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thanks for your straight to the point no nonsense review of our property. I love it.....Guests like yourself who recognize that we are a economical getaway and give praise to our staff and hotel make me very happy and that our hard work is paying off.

Again hope to see you soon and Thank you..

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'll start with the good: very nicely furnished rooms with an excellent washroom. However, little did we know that all of that was soon to be spoiled by the poorest service attitude I've ever seen.

We woke up late and we went down to collect our breakfast vouchers at 10.50am. The lady stared at us and said very sternly, "you have to check out by 11!" I apologised and said we just happened to wake up late, and asked for a time extension. She unapologetically said we had till 11.30am to check out. 30 minutes of time extension only - we couldn't even eat our breakfast in peace. If the hotel is buzzing with activity, I can understand. However, 80% of the rooms were obviously vacant and it's off-season!

That was not all. Later on, we made an effort to clean off the snow stuck in our boots at the entrance before entering the lobby so as not to dirty the floor inside, only to be told in the face, "you guys made quite a mess out there." So now you guys know, please don't bother.

Finally, we were just eating some food at this small room adjacent to the lobby while waiting for our bus. This old guy came in and said, "You guys can't eat here, this is not a restaurant!"

What a day. Please, don't ever come here unless you want to spoil your day!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this review and I would like to apologize for the service you received at our property.
We strive to make sure each and every guest has a great experience and we did not exceed your expectations.
Hopefully in the future we can redeem ourselves.

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent two days at this hotel on the Easter Weekend March 2013. We chose it for location, free parking, free breakfast, and pool, and we were not disappointed. We had asked for a renovated room, king bed, hardwood floors, with fireplace. We had a lovely huge shower (no tub). We were told we would have a "river view" but ended up with a full falls view which was fabulous (7th floor). Breakfast was next door at the Holiday Inn (offsite during the off season) and was a full served breakfast with eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, juice, and coffee (buffet was available for an additional $5.95, but we were quite satisfied with the breakfast which was delivered exactly as ordered). The desk staff were all very nice (I note another reviewer commented about three "hostile" employees, but we dealt with two different people and both were quite pleasant).

The ONLY downside is the pool was very cold so not enjoyable unfortunately. The first night the hot tub was a bit nasty with a lot of hair on the bottom (looked like someone had a haircut in it), but it was cleaned the next day after we reported it. It was lovely and hot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Love this review for that fact that you recognized our desk staff and the great service provided to you. We strive to make sure all our guests have a wonderful experience and to exceed your expectations.
We are very happy you enjoy your time with us and thank you for posting such a positive review as some other reviews can be damaging and untrue.

South River, Ontario
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although this is an older hotel, they have updated the rooms and they are very attractive. Very good if you want to walk to the Falls and the parking is free! Had to walk outside to the pool which can be chilly in winter weather. The breakfast next door at the Holiday Inn was nice (better than the continental breakfasts we'd had on our trip up from Florida). A great rate - would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive posting of our property. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations.
Hopefully in the future when you visit us again the weather will be a bit warmer for you......

Have a wonderful day and again thank you

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Used a two-day "Breakation Package" which included some meals at local spots including the Skylon Tower, so the pricing was good. Does not pretend to be a luxury resort, so you get what you pay for -- just an ordinary older hotel with comfortable rooms and good parking within easy walk to the Falls. Only some rooms actually view the Falls (the U.S.A. Falls, that is) so if that matters to you then be specific with your request. This hotel would suit people who don't expect luxury or are not trying to make some kind of impact on that special someone ! Extremely convenient to huge Casino if that's your thing...

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side might view the USA Falls if high enough in the building. Some other rooms ge...