“Nicely refurbished rooms, but the price attracts the 'party crowd'.”

Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade
Ranked #14 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Nicely refurbished rooms, but the price attracts the 'party crowd'.”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed 10/28. Checked in around 11pm and had to wait 10 minutes to even find a staff member. Proceeded to the room, which was clean and nicely redone, but had to listen to to a loud smoking/drinking crowd for the majority of the night. Though I don't fault the hotel for them, I could not reach anybody on the phone at 1AM to quiet the crowd down, as talking to them myself didn't work. Slept in earplugs, terribly, only to find the same obnoxious people drinking in the parking lot at 9AM when we got up.

Free parking and breakfast were a perk. It's also right next to the casino.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank 21Seagull
fallsviewmanager, Front Office Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and to let us know about any problems you
my have had with your stay.
I apologize for my staff not being available to you at the time of check in or during the time you needed someone to quiet the guests and this I will address with them
I strive on complete customer satisfaction and your comments can only make us work harder.

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I was a bit diappointed with this motel. The rooms were very small. My husband and I stayed Friday night (Labour Day long weekend).

I would only recommend staying here 2 days max. It is overpriced for what you get, but the location is great!

Breakfast was ok.. typical bagels, toast, etc.... Good enough to get you started for the morning.

The washroom was a bit out-dated and could've been cleaned with more effort!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I would like to take the time to Thank you for your post. Our staff strives on making sure each guest has a wonderful and comfortable stay at our property....However if things are not brought to our attention during your stay to try to rectify the situation this can not be done.

I apologize if you thought your room was not cleaned properly and again just a call would have helped us to make sure this was taken care of immediately, but I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I work to ensure all guests has a wonderful experience and hope that in the future you will give our property another try to do this.

Guest Service Manager
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We just got back from a quick one night stay at this hotel and were pretty disappointed. I wasn't sure of what to expect as the reviews here have been somewhat mixed, however we gave it a shot because it was the least expensive hotel for this time of year without dropping to a 1 star :) We paid $130 for one night which was pricey for a hotel like this...even during tourist season. We go to the falls a LOT and will definitely pay the extra $20-$40 to stay elsewhere next time.
First the positives - the location was awesome! Right accross from the Fallsview Casino. Next door there is a restaurant called Coco's which has excellent wood fire pizza at about $16...enough for two to share though. The beers were $7 and change for a miller which was pricey but there's a great patio and bar outside which is perfect to soak up some sun and people watch. Also, Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville is nearby which was awesome. We expected the prices to be ridiculous because pretty much everything in the falls is, but were happy to find the cost of food was reasonable. $10-$20 on average for a meal.. I got a jerk chicken sandwich with pineapple salsa and fries for about $13 and it was great.
The room itself was oooook.... you can see that they have tried to improve it with upgrade etc but still felt a little iffy to me. The washroom was pretty with a nice glass bowl sink and the floors were nice. Nice flat screen tv

Negatives - the room was dusty... you could see it on the tables. Our view happened to be on the ground floor and looked onto a parking lot. And the hotel room door left a gap near the floor that was about 3 inches or so which is weird for a hotel because it's not private and the hallway noise carried. We were in room 226 and I'm pretty sure it is the worst room in this place so my review may be biased. It is the only room that I saw that is not accessible from the balconies and only accessible via the staircase which meant that all night there were people walking up and down the stairs making noise...especially those that were drinking. I'm pretty tolerant usually and just like everyone to have a good time but this was crazy.... We were woken up about 10 or 11 times throughout the night by noise. The beds are pretty firm which I dont like so much but the pillows were great..

Breakfast was provided and included toast, english muffins, regular muffins, danishes, cereal, hard boiled eggs, canned fruit salad, coffee, tea, juice, and oatmeal.

The cleaning staff and breakfast staff were really great and polite.

Overall....will be staying elsewhere next time but still love the Falls :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I was'nt sure what to expect when I made my reservation at this hotel. Much to my surprise if was more than I expected. I booked a 2 queen bed room after reviewing many hotels in the area. It cost me just over $400 for the 2 night stay with the attractions package included. I was given room 504 in the 7 floor tower building which had a decent view of the American falls. I was delighted to see the fireworks on friday night which lasted for 5-6 minutes starting at 10pm. The location of this hotel is amazing if you want to stay close to the falls without spending a fortune. I can confirm that the shower in the room does make a loud noise that could keep you up at night but the water pressure is strong enough to make you feel like you had your own little falls in the room. The room was clean and well maintained. The television in the room could use an upgrade but it worked well. There is a pool in the motel section of the hotel which is accessible through the third floor. Breakfast (which is included with your stay) is served between 8-11 am daily with 4 kinds of cereal, yogurt, toast, baked goods, tea/cofee and juices. The hotel offers free parking and wifi. I found that the wireless speed drops drastically in the evening hours when most of the guests are present at the hotel. I was also dissapointed to learn that the hotel does not offer free fridges or microwaves in the rooms. There is an ice machine on the main floor next to the elevator. The room I was in was very spacious and well lit. I would recommend getting there by 8pm in order to get a good parking spot. There are additional parking spots nearby ranging from $5 to $10 a day. I love that this place is located right besides the Skylon tower and hence can be easily located even without a map. Overall it was really great and I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you happen to get a room in the tower... ask for the falls view on the highest floor possible (5t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank f0xoo7
West Hartford, CT
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Lot's of other places to choose from... don't get ripped off here. "Fallsview" does not necessarily include ANY view of the falls. We paid over $200 for an "Executive" room on the top floor of the Tower building and got a view of the PARKING LOT! Impossible to view any part the falls from this "Fallsview' room. Bait-and-switch scheme. Manager, Tom Newton, rudely stated: "I'm not going to switch you." to vacant room across the hall. Laughed at me as I exited the room, knowing there was nothing I could do about it. Breakfast consists of toast and store-bought baked goods. Rip off.

7 Thank 215Mark
Thank you for your review of our property. First I would like to acknowledge what we do indeed have fallsview rooms that overlook the American Falls which you would receive if booked.....We are in the area of town called "Fallsview" and almost every property in this area has "fallsview" in the name.

I apologize for any problems you had with our staff members and hope that next time you let the manager know. I strive on excellent customer service and hope that the front line staff does too.

Guest Service Manager.....
Toronto
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We stayed at the Quality Hotel Cascade August 19-21st - initially we were hesitant as it was listed as a 2.5 star hotel and we had hoped for something more - but with most hotels fully booked and without wanting to pay $300+ a night for a room elsewhere, we thought we'd give it a try.

We were very pleasantly surprised! While the lobby and hallways are in need of some major updating (don't be alarmed), the rooms were great and had obviously been recently renovated. We stayed in the tower and had a fallsview room the first night - it was clean, nice size and had sliding glass doors on two sides - one side allowed us to watch the fireworks - spectacular!

Free parking is a steal in Niagara, and the free breakfast although it is very basic, was great just to grab a coffee and a piece of toast in the morning on our way out. Also included was free wifi, another perk we normally have to pay for! We also went in the pool and hot tub a couple of times, pretty basic but a nice size, and seemed clean.

We had to book two separate reservations, one for each night, due to some last minute changes - and the staff was well aware of it when we arrived, alerted us that we would have to change rooms for the second night just due to the capacity of the hotel that weekend, but offered to keep our bags at reception and put them into our new room for us the following day as soon as it was ready.

Finally, you can't beat the location of this hotel - it is directly across from the new casino and right up the street from the falls.

Having stayed at many different properties in Niagara Falls, we found that this hotel was great value for what we paid and we will definitely be back!

3 Thank Jess_Daimon
Albany, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The location of this hotel is great, within walking distance to the falls, across the street from the casino and other points of interest. I especially liked the price, free parking and breakfast that they offered. The tower room we got had one queen bed, was a bit small and sparsely decorated. I was disappointed with the balcony because it overlooked the parking lot and dumpter area. The even number rooms in the tower were the ones that had the view of the falls. The bed was not bad at all and the pillows were very comfortable. The room was not updated like I read in the some of the reviews. It was clean and ok for the amount of time we spent there.

Room Tip: even numbered top floor tower rooms