“Stay away!”
Review of Marco Polo Inn

Marco Polo Inn
Ranked #99 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed August 25, 2008

this is by far the worst place ive ever stayed in! the wall paper wasfalling off, the rug smelled like cat pee, the sheets were set horribly, the wall had drill holes and sadly set up electric wall outputs, the A/C sounded like it was gunna blow up, its cover was bashed and bent, it looked like someone just bat up the A/C for no reason basically, the bathroom had uber mold, there was bathroom lights burnt out and not replaced, and the beds were so small, wehad to get a cot so i can sleep because the beds were so small! overall, if ur planning on staying here, u may as well sleep in ur car in the middle of the street. this place is horrible, dont stay here, avoid it like the plague!!!!

Stayed: August 2008

Reviewed August 13, 2008

I had a reservation through Choice Hotels. When I arrived at 11 pm with my three children, they did not have any rooms as I had booked, (double bed non-smoking). They offered me one King room or said someone had just checked out, (at 11 pm - now I know why), and if I would wait 15 minutes I could have the room. I asked why, if I had made a reservation through Choice Hotels, would they give all the rooms away. They answered that they had been very busy and had to accomodate all the other on-line services hotel agencies people had booked under, such as Hotels.com, (this was a first)! They did offer to put me up at the Rhodeway down the street, however, I had checked a few on-line reviews, (not Trip Advisor- I am the first review for this hotel on this site), and amazingly they seemed ok, so I decided to wait. I was traveling alone with my three children and after five hours of continuous driving the last thing I wanted to do was stand around and wait for our room to be cleaned. The lobby is small so we waited in the parking lot. Consequently the floor in the room was dirty, the toilet paper had BM on it, the tv reception was not good, and the room air conditioners were noisy. An additional safety concern was that they left the door to the outside, in the hallway corrider, propped open all night.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2008

This property is located, according to the management, "10 minutes from everything" but you'd need to be a fast walker to make it to the falls in that time. On the other hand, it's location at the end of the touristy area affords it the abilty to charge lower prices.

The rooms were nothing special, but the beds were very good and the shower water pressure was great.

The two main problems with this place are that the exterior is very run down and unapp
ealing looking and that the rooms had a pronounced mold/mildew smell, despite being clean.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 13, 2006

thanksgiving day weekend

we found the room to be clean, aside from the rug needing a shampoo, staff courteous & rates very reasonable with my CAA discount.
will return again next year.

a couple from toronto

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank pg11
Reviewed August 1, 2006

We thought we had booked into a different Rodeway Inn that was much closer to the Falls. We tried there first and realized we were "By the Falls" as opposed to "Fallsview" or "At the Falls". If you book through the Rodeway website, pay close attention that you don't get mislead.

This hotel was not in a very nice neighborhood, and was a bit rundown. The pool is in the corner of the parking lot, but since the gate was padlocked closed, there was no swimming anyway.

The price was very reasonable for a room with a jacuzzi tub, but there was no breakfast and between the burned out lightbulb and the bug running across the floor it felt a bit like a cave.

If you're looking for a cheap place to sleep, this will do.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Traveling_Smiths
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 17, 2005

Stayed 2 nights cause we got to niagra without reservations.
Was okay, but bit overpriced, and maybe its because im european, but saying youve got breakfast and serving 15 muffins and bad coffee on a table in the lobby for the entire hotel? That is NOT breakfast.

Bit overpriced, but big room and nice bed and you walk to the falls (at the end of rainbow boulevard)

If you dont have to, dont go,
but its a good alternative.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 9, 2005

I was disappointed with this room. We had to stop at the desk for a light bulb because the floor lamp was burned out. There was also a burned out bulb in the bathroom and we found out the outlet in the bathroom did not work. My boyfriend killed one cockroach too. Thankfully I did NOT see this or everyone would have heard me screaming! Plus the Rodeway advertised a free continental breakfast but we found out this Rodeway Inn (at the Falls) did not. We were compensated with $10 off our bill but I don't think we'll be going back. On a positive note, the distance to the Falls was not that far and you were a little off the beaten path making it easy getting in to Canada and out.

Stayed: October 2005