“Very basic”

Ranked #87 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Very basic”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Very basic accommodation, not clean, . Breakfast is included but nothing is there to eat. Poorly managed. Washroom is not clean. Parking is included in the price and it is close to all major attractions.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ben S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I reserved the hotel through choice.com. I read a couple of good reviews, but when I came to the hotel I found it completely unsafe for my family. The hotel is like a ghost hotel nobody is around except for two rooms with some weird looking people. I felt completely unsafe and I decided to cancel the reservation. When I asked the front disk person to cancel the reservation he insisted on charging me for one night. When I asked to see the manager, he told me the manger is not here and that I can see him tomorrow in the morning. But when I insisted to see him, the front disk person lied to me and told me I am the manger and I will charge you one night no matter what, and if you come in the morning you will see me again. I called Choice.com people but they told me we cannot do any thing for you. I advise everybody not to stay in that hotel, and make sure that they do not deceive you by the room pictures they posted on the internet but they do not shown any pictures to tell you about the surroundings of the hotel. Beware.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jeffrobert1
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Now Known as the marco polo Inn the owner was very nice when we checked in he told us how he bought out of the Rhode Way Inn Franchise and now independant the room was amazing for the price 4 of us stayed in the Double Queen Smoking Room The Cost Was 80$ CND the room was very clean no weird smell as other said in other reveiws but i checked the date and most of them were when it was rhode way but i just got back yesterday so they have improved nice clean washroom with showers very close to the clifton hills were we did alot of partying this hotel is really what weekend party get aways is about close to all restaurants and stuff check out was good timming which we asked the timing he said we had untill 1pm the staff their was very friendly told us were hot spots were and were to avoid ice machine could of been a lot better but hey for the price we got more than our money's worth we will be going back this summer and we are booking here again! AMAZING PLACE GREAT MEMORIES WITH FRIENDS AND BEST PLACE TO DO IT

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank crambhaju
FERNANDINA BEACH
Reviewed August 21, 2009

The Rodeway Inn by the Falls, Niagara Fall, Ontario, Canada, seems to be trying hard to keep up with Motel Five, not quite up to Motel Six level. At $111.00 Canadian, the room was a bit over priced. It was relatively convenient to Niagara Falls and a wide variety of entertainment and restaurants. The motel was adequate, with a bed, cable TV and a bath with shower. The sheet had cigarette burns. The fauna, "dust jackalopes", too large to call dust bunnies, were tame. The most disturbing item was the second floor fire door, immediatelyn adjacent to our room. It was secured open with wire, not for ventilation as the AC was satisfactory. As we returned to the room after dinner, I removed the wire. As we left in the morning, I noted the door was again wired open. When I checked out, I told the desk clerk of the security breach, with the wired open door. No concern.

As an item of interest, our mobile phone [Tracfone] lost coverage as we moved beyond roaming range of the NY side.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
blah
Reviewed August 25, 2008

this is by far the worst place ive ever stayed in! the wall paper wasfalling off, the rug smelled like cat pee, the sheets were set horribly, the wall had drill holes and sadly set up electric wall outputs, the A/C sounded like it was gunna blow up, its cover was bashed and bent, it looked like someone just bat up the A/C for no reason basically, the bathroom had uber mold, there was bathroom lights burnt out and not replaced, and the beds were so small, wehad to get a cot so i can sleep because the beds were so small! overall, if ur planning on staying here, u may as well sleep in ur car in the middle of the street. this place is horrible, dont stay here, avoid it like the plague!!!!

Stayed August 2008
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I had a reservation through Choice Hotels. When I arrived at 11 pm with my three children, they did not have any rooms as I had booked, (double bed non-smoking). They offered me one King room or said someone had just checked out, (at 11 pm - now I know why), and if I would wait 15 minutes I could have the room. I asked why, if I had made a reservation through Choice Hotels, would they give all the rooms away. They answered that they had been very busy and had to accomodate all the other on-line services hotel agencies people had booked under, such as Hotels.com, (this was a first)! They did offer to put me up at the Rhodeway down the street, however, I had checked a few on-line reviews, (not Trip Advisor- I am the first review for this hotel on this site), and amazingly they seemed ok, so I decided to wait. I was traveling alone with my three children and after five hours of continuous driving the last thing I wanted to do was stand around and wait for our room to be cleaned. The lobby is small so we waited in the parking lot. Consequently the floor in the room was dirty, the toilet paper had BM on it, the tv reception was not good, and the room air conditioners were noisy. An additional safety concern was that they left the door to the outside, in the hallway corrider, propped open all night.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2008

This property is located, according to the management, "10 minutes from everything" but you'd need to be a fast walker to make it to the falls in that time. On the other hand, it's location at the end of the touristy area affords it the abilty to charge lower prices.

The rooms were nothing special, but the beds were very good and the shower water pressure was great.

The two main problems with this place are that the exterior is very run down and unapp
ealing looking and that the rooms had a pronounced mold/mildew smell, despite being clean.

• Liked — water pressure
  • Disliked — room odor
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)