“Good value and location”

Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls Centre St. By the Falls
Ranked #21 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reno, NV
“Good value and location”
Reviewed August 13, 2006

Nice location, and fairly quiet
Good sized rooms and well furnished.
Could use a DVD player
Decent but crowded continental breakfast, nothing special
Tight parking but you can get a space
See the magic show next door, its really good
A decent but not a great value

Stayed July 2006
7 Thank RenoTourist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham, Uk
Reviewed August 8, 2006

My wife and I plus our two children (aged 13 and 12 yrs) stayed in this hotel for 2 nights commencing 30th July 2006. We stayed here based on the previous recommendations of Trip Advisor travelers. We booked a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed which was clean and huge compared to others we stayed in during our Canadian holiday.
We found the hotel to be very good and is close to the attractions and restaurants. The free parking offered by the hotel was a bonus.
The free buffet breakfast was fresh and the range of items more than we expected. However, a word of warning to those travelers who are late risers - if you arrive at breakfast after about 8.45 am expect a queue and a fight for a table. Otherwise get up early!

We did not use the pool facilities but they looked clean and tidy.

Certainly this hotel provides excellent value for money and if, like us, you are not bothered about having a view of the Falls from your room, it is highly recommended.

12 Thank JCW_UK
Burnaby, BC
Reviewed August 4, 2006

Enjoyed our stay. Location was good and close to most attractions.

Well priced for Niagra. Room was comfy and clean. Didn't have time for the pool as we spent most of the day out enjoying area activitys. Breakfast was both plentiful and appreciated. Breakfast was busy in the morning but the line moved very quickly. Roomy eating space due to a good sized dining area, plus a secondary room and a outdoor patio as well.

Local celebrity stopped by the lobby with a surprise which created quite a buzz in the hotel. I'm guessing this is a planned visit to promote the local entertainment.

Nice stay.. would do it again.

• Liked — Location and price.
  • Disliked — Pool not open past midnight
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12 Thank BrendaMcLean
Toronto
Reviewed August 1, 2006

This post is to let you know about the horrible experience we had at the Days Inn. I specifically booked with them because they are a national chain and I figured everything would be as specified - ie - no problems at all. And because of that I was willing to pay a bit more.

First of all we are told this is a large king room with a desk and fridge. Well it was a king bed but the bedroom was more like a closet and the bathroom was so small the sink had to be in the bedroom. We are also told they have full cable television and high speed internet, we got about 10 channels, most of which were out by the time we wanted to watch tv (1 am or so) and the internet was wireless with a much slower than dial-up random wireless unsecured connection.

When we arrived we noticed a really loud dripping (heard over the tv and talking) but assumed it would stop when the rain did. Well around 2am when I wanted to go to sleep it was still dripping, tried to tough it out, but it was seriously so loud and I had the tv cranked. That is not okay, for a person not to be able to sleep in a hotel room, they have paid so much for. We contacted the front desk, who sent up security to confirm the drip and that it was coming from the floor above us. Thus, they could do nothing to fix it and had no empty rooms. They offered us $20 off our stay. Obviously we did not accept. We were told the manager would be in at 10am the next morning.

Well I didn't sleep so we went down first thing for breakfast. I was so exhausted I just wanted some kind of resolution so I went to the front desk. After a ton of yelling and making a bit of a scene they offered to clean another room for us, supposedly much bigger and definetly an upgrade. Well it was only bigger because it had two queen's instead of a king, not what I booked and I consider it a lower grade room, based on other hotels pricing schedule it seems they do as well. We finally got into that room at 9:30am. I thought I would be able to get some sleep but then they vacuum every room around us - above, beside, below. At this point I was so exhausted I did get about an hour of a nap.

At this time I really wanted to get most of my money back for the previous night. I figured I got 10-20% of a night of sleep so that is what I would pay from the normal rate. The front desk insisted they could do nothing beyond moving us rooms and possibly offering us an additional night stay, not useful since we do need to get back to work and we already paid for our next nights stay. I forgot to mention that it is 11am and the manager has decided not to come in for the day. I can't believe how this is being handled so I want all my money back and to check out today.

They finally agree, again after getting loud, but say they can't refund us until Monday since we booked through Travelocity and its apparently closed. Well our booking sheet says they are open 24/7 so I point this out the the girl at the counter, she says its not true, they are definetly closed. She won't try! We agree to leave within the hour and return to the room to call Travelocity and find out - they are open! And they CAN refund our money right now! At this point I am furious because I can only assume the hotel wanted us to leave the city and then never refund us the money. Why else would you lie to me when I have it in writing?

I am the first person to pass on recommendations for good products and services but this is THE MOST HORRIBLE customer service I have ever recieved, especially from a hotel. I am fairly well travelled, having been to many provinces, states and countries in Europe, and I have never experienced anything similar during a hotel stay. As a result I would highly recommed that you never stay at any Days Inn hotel, but especially the one in Niagara Falls.

3 Thank Dream2006
Bideford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2006

Booked non-smoking suite for 2 nights having opted out of paying super-premium prices for a Fallsview - we were not disappointed.

Excellent value, clean and tidy but as the hotel was full the (somewhat desultory) breakfast was a chaotic shambles.

Our suite was particularly good with window to lounge (not sure if all suites have this so worth checking). Easy walk to the very dubious tacky "attractions" of Clifton Hill but the more attactive falls area is barely 10 minutes away.

Reception staff were efficient and polite. Parking is free and convenient (worth a lot in Niagara Falls area).

Barry Jones
Bideford

• Liked — Size of suite and comnfortable beds
  • Disliked — Chaotic breakfast - minimal and inadequate space.
  • Tips/Secrets — Save your dollars and stay here rather than the over-priced fallsview hotels which are not as close to the falls as some of their publicity shots imply.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
14 Thank Naishcombe
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed July 28, 2006

We had a great stay at this hotel. The price was right at $79CAD /night which was inclusive of continental breakfast for the two of us. This was during the week during June. Weekends were as expected a much more expensive rate.

Room was comfy and clean. Big, big bed, nice bathroom, mini fridge and cable TV.

Breakfast was more than adequate. The management request that guests limit their breakfast time to 20 minutes. Any time over that, there would be no problem taking selections back to your room. But then again, you're not at Niagara Falls to spend too much time hanging around the hotel.

We didn't mind Clifton Hill. As another reviewer said, it's almost bizare with a mixture of a County Fair or Carnival and all types of restaurants. Yet, it's till an easy walk down to the bottom of the road and the splendour of the Falls.

Yes, we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Regards,
L & M from Oz

• Liked — Clean, comfortable and easy stroll to the Falls
  • Disliked — Nil
  • Tips/Secrets — For Niagara Falls, try to time your visit for mid-week to get the best rate.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14 Thank L&M_from_Oz
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 17, 2006

We stayed at this motel for three nights, in July. The hotel itself is nice and clean. We requested a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds. The room was very clean and modern; the furniture was in excellent condition. The small refrigerator was great to have. The television stations were limited to just a few. Also, the view out our window was of the attached building, so no view at all.

Check in was quick and the front desk staff was very courteous. There was plenty of on site parking which was free, although it filled up quickly during the early evening.

The price was a little high; we paid $107.00/night U.S for the room. I booked directly with the hotel. We were never offered, or found any of the great deals that others have mentioned.

The breakfast was nice especially for free; the sitting area is large; however around 8:30 to 9:00, there was a line to access the continental breakfast bar, which was somewhat limited, and not well laid out. We've had better continental breakfasts at other Days Inns.

The pool was a bit small, and since it was indoors, was not very clear. We were not able to use the pool, or hot tub because of the limited hours of operation. and every time we stopped by, the hot tub was filled with yelling teenagers, and you couldn't get near it.

The Hotel is very close to all the action. If you want to be in the center of all the Niagara Falls attraction then you are in the right spot. The hotel is located only 10 minutes walking distance from the Falls, 5 minutes from Niagara Casino, and you are 2 minutes from the top of Clifton Hill. The walk up Clifton Hill could be a bit grueling, especially after a full day walking around the falls area.

One word of advice, the restaurant prices in the Clifton Hill area are extremely expensive, while the ones just outside of town are more reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2006