“A Decent Hotel and Value”

Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls Centre St. By the Falls
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 2, 2006

We had a nice after christmas stay here. If you are looking for a great pool/hot tub, this would not be the place for you. It was ok. The chlorine odor was very strong and the hot tub was not very hot.

We had a nice two room suite. The only problem was the pubic hair on the bathroom floor. Not just one or two but it looked like some serious trimming was going on. We reported this to the front desk and they said it just was not possible. We told them they could come to our room and lift up the towel we used to cover it up with. The morning manager told us the response we received was unacceptable and she would look into it.

The location was great, we could walk almost everywhere even with 6 little kids in tow. As far as the breakfast in concerned, spring for breakfast someplace else. The wait was too long for even a piece of toast and there was no protein or fresh fruit on the menu. We went to Denny's just down the road and the kid's meals were all $1.99 each. The adult meals were a little higher than normal but the food was great.

Would I stay again...for the price and because of the location, probably.

• Stayed: December 2005
31  Thank FunLuvinGal

Reviewed November 20, 2005

When I am picking a hotel I, like to stay in very nice place. As a general rules, I usually stay in 3 star plus hotels. I was going to Niagara Falls for the weekend and I was told of the Days Inn and Suite’s located on Centre Street. So I decided to book a night there on the recommendation of a friend. From the moment I arrived my stay was perfect. Check in was quick and the front desk staff had excellent customer service skills. There was plenty of on site parking which was free.

The room I booked was a 2 room suite with 2 queen beds. I was located in room 614 which was in the new wing of the hotel. The room was very clean and modern some of the furniture you would swear was brand new. The room was more then I expected. The quality of the room I booked was that of a 3 star hotel. Each room had its own climate control and there was even a heater in the bathroom. The furniture itself was of good quality and in perfect condition.

The price was excellent. I paid $87.97/night total for my room. I booked directly with the hotel. They had an excellent variety of pay per view movies, many TV channels, reception on some were very poor, but over all no problems.

The Hotel is very close to all the action. If you want to be in the center of all the Niagara Falls attraction then you are in the right spot. The hotel is located only 10 minutes walking distance from the Falls, 5 minutes from Niagara Casino, and you are 2 minutes from the top of Clifton Hill.

If you have any questions about Niagara Falls attraction, Clifton Hill, Hotels don’t hesitate to e mail me and ask. I know what it is like to travel and want to know answers to your question which are sometimes hard to find on web sites.

sec_of_army@msn.com

Happy Traveling!

Kevin

Stayed: November 2005
35  Thank inspector05
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, OH
Reviewed November 13, 2005

Stayed at this motel for two nights. We requested a room in the newest part of the hotel. We were pleased with the cleanliness and size of the room. Our room was available for check-in at 12:30pm, which was nice since we were exhausted. Bring your own pillows, because the pillows are made with "man-made materials"(i.e. cut up pieces of foam that you could actually feel through the pillowcase)which is to decrease allergens and be more environmentally friendly per information in the room, so they were very flat and uncomfortable to sleep on. Also, the view out our window was of the slanted roof and side of an adjoining Days Inn building which was about 6 feet from our building. We did mention the lack of view out our window at check out when the guy asked us if everything was to our satisfaction, and the gentleman who checked us out responded, "You requested a room with a particular view?" I told him, "No, but with a window in a motel, you do expect to be able to open your curtains and see something besides next building." I feel that these rooms should be offered at a discount because essentially, there is no window. I likely won't stay at this motel again, also, because there were several groups of loud, young people staying at the motel who made a ridiculous amount of noise in the hallways, and who propped open the outside doors of the building on several occasions so they could drink beer, smoke cigarettes, and make comments about people as they were leaving or coming into the motel (The last time we stayed at this motel the noise was not a problem).

• Stayed: November 2005
Reviewed October 23, 2005

Where to begin!?! This hotel is exceptional! My family decided to stay here since it was the newest Days Inn and we like the Days Inn name. What a good choice! Check in was great, they even let us check in an hour early since the room was ready. The girl at the front desk was so helpful, she had even prepared an "Attraction Listing" with all the attractions and how much they cost. Very helpful when you're on a budget with children. The price was great in comparison to some of the other hotels I called, and it included free parking, and free continental breakfast. The room itself was just incredible. Lovely decor, not at all tacky, tons of space, a little fridge was in there, and a VERY comfy bed. We almost didn't want to leave the room!!! The staff were great with recommending restaurants and gave us maps with directions too. Check out was nice and quick, and no surprise charges either. We were even allowed to leave our car in the lot for the afternoon after we checked out, so we could spend some more time at the Falls. Overall this has to be one the best hotels I've ever stayed in with great value and wonderful service in mind. Take my word for it, the Days Inn & Suites by the Falls is everything any type of traveller could ask for.

• Stayed: October 2005
46  Thank Lady_Lyndsay
Reviewed September 19, 2005

My husband and I stayed for one night in August. When we drove up to the hotel we thought it looked really nice/modern. The lobby area was clean and check in was great. Our room on the other hand was a different story. Very small, not much room with the queen bed in there. (we were in the older part of the hotel) Poor water pressure, lousy shower head. VERY LOUD BLASTING music until 2 am. (from a bar outside). Poor blinds/drapes for light blockage. No ashtray in smoking room. I did write to Days Inn on the website to mention these things and the manager has been in contact with me for a reduced rate room in the future. Hopefully this can be worked out. We want a room in a newer part of the hotel, I would advise that to anyone staying at this hotel. Breakfast area was good although very lined up and it closes right at 10AM!!! So if you are 5 minutes after don't expect anything.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank Halifaxian
Reviewed September 7, 2005

It was our 6th trip to Niagara Falls and each time we stay at different hotels, and this one ranks right up there. We had a huge room with 2 QS beds and and a sofa. We were 4 adults in the room and we never felt like sardines. Beds were comfortable, breakfast was ok, nothing fancy, like the Hampton Inn, but the price was very cheap 80$CAN. This room is perfect for a family of 4, 1/2 block for Clifton Hill, 5 min walk to the Falls. If you're on a budget, well this is the place.

• Stayed: September 2005
52  Thank madmaster
Reviewed September 1, 2005

brilliant hotel. i stayed here on august 27-29th. upon arrival my room was upgraded to a two queen bed room. i didnt even ask nor did i need them. the room was huge and had everything. big tv, fridge, microwave, coffe maker, big shower and bed. plenty of space we couldve had 5 people in the room.

the hotel itself was spotless and the staff were helpful. they have an information desk for tourists to help you find your way. the swimming pool and gym was great.the only downside was breakfast, i felt there couldve been a better selection.

best of all was the location. its is right at the top of clifton hill(main street) yet it is quite and away from the noise. its within walking distance to everything. ten minute walk to the falls. both the shuttle bus and public bus go by the hotel.

if you are looking for cheap accomidation in a good spot stay here. u wont be dissapointed. i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2005