“Very nice and pleasant stay!”

Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls Centre St. By the Falls
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
New York
“Very nice and pleasant stay!”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

My wife, our two little ones and I stayed at this place on July 23rd. for a night to visit Niagara Falls on the Canadian side. We were in room #231. I booked the room on line and before finishing the booking there was a pop-up for live chat with one of the representatives congratulating me for getting a 20% discount for booking on line! She offered some more services/membership etc. that I do not remember but which I declined.
When checking out at the counter the next day, I mentioned the 20% discount only to know that they did not participate in those promotions! The G.M. Sophia Marinescu gave me a number to call and ask them why I was not getting the discount. She was polite and professional. No aggravation here!
Also while booking on line I requested extra pillows to protect our little ones from falling off the bed while asleep. Staff did not pay any attention to that untill we called from the room after noticing missing extra pillows, but pillows were sent promptly! We noticed a hint of inattentive service because while checking in, the receptionist did check the on line booking and the note for extra pillows.
Breakfast was nice but on the skimpy side like margrine instead of cream cheese or butter. No boiled eggs, no waffles, no fruit.
Room was spacious with fridge and microwave included. Two most important things probably all mothers of young children look for in a room. While looking for a motel, we were looking for a room with a fridge to store the children's milk and fruit.
Staff is polite but somewhat tense. I guess they are having too much pressure from the bosses which is no good in a public dealing environment. Staff has no choice but to emit that tension and ultimately transfer it to the guests! I have seen a few reviews about the staff being not too nice but all I observed was tension! No rudeness!
Since we had to check out at 11am, we had no place to park the car while we went to the Falls except than putting it in a parking lot and paying for it. I asked the manager, Sophia, if we could leave the car and pick up after we came back from the Falls. She generously allowed us to leave it there.

Pros:
(a) Excellent location.
(b) Nice spacious rooms.
(c) Some rooms with jacuzzi in bedroom.
(d) Plenty of towels.
(e) Clean linen.
(f) Free parking (In this area most of them would charge you)
(g) Free breakfast.
(h) Nice staff.
(i) No aggravation! Pleasant stay.
(j) Kids friendly atmosphere.

Cons:
(a) Breakfast needs upgrading.
(b) Staff needs a tension free environment to show its true potential and performance. This is entirely in the hands of supervisors.

We would definitely stay here again.
I recommend Days Inn on Centre Street to all of you. You will enjoy your stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Louisiana
Reviewed July 22, 2009

This hotel was very convenient to Niagara Falls and of good value!
We enjoyed our jacuzzi suite with a heart shaped jacuzzi tub right next to our bed!
How romantic!
The staff was so helpful and friendly and accommodating!
Breakfast each morning was great!
The pool was very nice too!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amyjemesouviens
new england
Reviewed July 16, 2009

The bed springs clunked together in the worn out mattress. Wireless internet
didn't work in the room areas the hotel (I tried different floors) except in the
lobby. On the plus side the location is good if you want to walk to the falls, and parking is included. The breakfast selection was very basic and was very crowded.
Issues were discussed with the staff.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank businesscard
canada
Reviewed July 15, 2009

This hotel was pretty good for the price.
granted their were other hotels much better for $15 more
but then parking would be another 20
and breakfast another 20
so it ws good.

the pool however was freezing until i said something, which i wish i said before i came back
then it was nice and warm
however it needs to be cleaned more
same with the hot tub.

good stay, good breakfast, clean hotel
pool was only downfall,
as after a chilly day out
i wish it was warmer and cleaner,
yet i still went in.

don;t let reviews scare you, you get what you get.

we had a view of the city so it was pretty good.
but their was also the parking lot view.

otherwise quick check in/out
we got our room at 11am!!
therefore we could even put all our stuff down before headd to the mall

next time i may stay at a nicer hotel with a view,
just because you want to do that once and a while
but its un needed
in summer weather, you wont be in your room attt all
so good stay

however, know where to eat before,
too many options!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2009

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The hotel is a short walk to the Falls, Casino Niagara and Clifton hill. Our room wasn't very big, but it was nice and clean. Our king size bed was extremely comfortable. Having a mini fridge in the room was a nice bonus! FREE breakfast and FREE parking...what more can you ask for in Niagara? The rate was great considering it's peak season. We stayed on July 9, 09 and paid $79 for a king/ non-smoking room. The staff was friendly and check in/ out was a breeze.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed July 5, 2009

First off- I would absolutely stay here again. My room was clean and odor free. This is a must as I am an asthmatic. The hotel is located at the top of Clifton Hill and near the somewhat cheesy touristy area. It's a short walk to view the falls and easily accessible. The free parking was VERY convenient, as I returned from visiting a winery when the area around Clifton Hill was pretty crowded. It would have been difficult to find parking had it not been included. Also, the area feels safe. I am a female and was traveling alone and never felt uncomfortable with the area, even at night.

The breakfast was a standard continental. (muffins, cereal, juice, and some pastries) Don't expect hot food with the continental- though at the price I secured the room ($52 US for 2 queen beds) it was just fine.

The staff was great. I realized I had made an error when making reservations and booked myself to arrive a day earlier than planned. I called the hotel and they changed my reservation dates at no charge or change in room rate. I should note I called at 11:30 PM of the night they thought I was to arrive and they were still willing to make this change at no charge. Truly something they did not have to do, as I was in clear violation of their reservation agreement.

In short- great location, clean room, helpful staff, and a wonderful price (I stayed mid-week).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed July 2, 2009

We spent two nights in this hotel and we’ve enjoyed it.
Good: very close to Clifton Hill and the older casino, free parking, and free (basic) continental breakfast.
The (king) room wasn’t very large, with the “bathroom” sink in the room. We got #202, pretty well located (as in further away from the – slow! – elevators, ice machines, noisier two-queen rooms areas).
We would return here, only for a king room or suite.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple