“Predatory practices”

Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls Centre St. By the Falls
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed for a night on 25th May 2013. I agreed to pay what was asked for; I knew i was paying way more. Me and my wife with 1 year old got a suit on the sixth floor- no issues during the stay. I left the suit before 11 as per the demand. Paid 5 dollars parking, even though it was never mentioned while I signed up for the room. I did not like there way of charging without mentioning but I did not want to ruin the whole experience for a parking fee. It was not a good business practice but I let it go.
I returned home and saw that I was charged around 90 dollars more than I signed for. Dealing with this is whole another mess. Days Inn used to be my first priority because of its good business practices. From today on, it would be omitted from my priority list.

1  Thank Mukesh B
Donna M, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls Centre St. By the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you sfor stating your concerns. When a guest arrives at our property a security deposit is taken for 100.00 at check in. This is for any incidentals that may occur and for parking which is told to the guest upon making reservations and at check in. Once a guest departs and the charges are settled the remaining balance of the deposit is removed and take 5 to 7 banking days depending on your bank to go back to your account. This is COMMON practice in all hotels and for our American guests this time was a bit longer due to your banks being closed to recognize your Memorial Day holiday.

Donna Mancuso

There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls Centre St. By the Falls

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Well, here it is, my first 1 star review. I booked this hotel for one night for our family based on the very good trip advisor reviews. I'm going to try to keep this review simple so that you can quickly understand the few advantages and many disadvantages of this hotel.

The good

- Location is excellent and is very close to all major attractions
- parking is free
- rates are not unreasonable

The not so good
- rooms, while updated are still dated, as is the hotel in general. The wall along the beds is a large mirror in every room I saw. They are very dark and not well appointed. Many rooms had a window that looked out into a wall 10 inches away. No natural light. The bed was not comfortable, like sleeping on a piece of plywood.
- they allow smoking outside the lobby and it makes the common areas smell like it. When we walked into our first room we opened the curtains to find a bunch of people in an alley smoking. We promptly asked to move.
- the common areas are honestly dirty looking.
- the pool is fine, but heavily chlorinated
- the continental breakfast was not great - but at least they had one

I have stayed at many hotels in many cities. This ranks the lowest. I was very disappointed based on reviews here that it did not live up to the ranking. I expected much better from Days Inn. Please consider another location. If you have no other options, I would recommend a higher floor.

I hate to write a negative review, but I believe this hotel needs some work.

2  Thank BJag

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on this site. I'm the new General Manager of the Days Inn and your comments and compliments are helpful and a learning experience in my new position.
I am in the midst of rectifying our smoking concerns by removing the smoking recepticles at the
entrance of our property and moving them to another location. We are upgrading our property
with a Eurpoean Style Cafe which will open the first week of June and excited for the new
experience we are offering our guests.
Notifiying the desk of any issues about our room at check in gives us a chance to move or upgrade
your room so you do not have a bad experience with us.
I would like the chance to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Niagara

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The room itself was ok, staff were friendly. The pool area looked like it hadn't been cleaned for days. The breakfast was pathetic. Mini muffins, mini danishes, a loaf of bread and bagels and a couple of cereals. No cream cheese, no yogurt, no fruit. horrible set up. a couple of useless toasters that don't operate properly.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Donna M, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls Centre St. By the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We are improving our property by putting in a full service Cafe which will be opening early June. We will not longer offer the complimentary breakfast choices and you will be able to purchase hot breakfast items. We are looking forward to this wonderful addition to our hotel. Our pool is cleaned on a daily basis and inspected by the health department bi weekly so I will look into your comment however to see if something more can be done about this.
I hope your next time to the Niagara area you will chose Days Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple