“Winery tour, great value, loads of fun, awesome day out and about in the summer”

Niagara Fun Tours day tours
Ranked #10 of 40 Tours in Niagara Falls
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

My mum and I did thier vineyard tour, we visited 4 gorgeous wineries. Got to sample 3 samples at each stop. The best of all was our bus driver Joe, he kept everyone entertained, gave us brief histories of some of the vineyards, and was just a really cool guy (despite he was a bit crazy lol).
Would recomend.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Bruinsgirl001

Depew
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“An overall nice experience.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I purchased 8 tickets for the Microbrewery and Winery Tour through a Groupon offer for a very reasonable price as Christmas gifts for my family so we could all have an enjoyable day together. When we determined what day(s) were good for all of us in early February and I tried to book it they were almost no Saturday dates available until mid-May. So I suggest you book very early. They are very efficient in sending out emails regarding the tour several days ahead of time but I was disappointed that we were on large busses instead of more intimate vans - just my own interpretation of what I thought the tour would be. I was very nervous that we would all not be able to get on the same bus since we were a large group, but it was fine afterall. The Cineplex pickup location was great as it has free parking and they were exactly on time. We did transfer busses at the next location, however. Tyler was our driver/tour guide. Very nice young man who made sure all of us got our samples and were having fun. My only complaint is that he talked too much - like he was killing time - and thought he should have been able to drive and give us details at the same time. It would have been ok with most of us if the tour had been a bit shorter. Taps Brewhouse was first - they were not even set up for the tasting when we arrived - very poor planning on their part. Enjoyable samples, however, of many brews and an interesting "tour" by the brewmaster. We stopped to pick up lunch at our own cost at Harvest Barn Country Market to eat with our tastings at Rancourt Winery which was very nice.(You could only eat food brought in from the market because they are both owned by the same person.) Palantine Hills Winery was next and Michele, who served us, was a hoot and so entertaining. Nice selection there as well. The chocolate factory stop, which is not advertised, is short and "sweet" - a nice diversion. Our last stop was the Niagara College Winery and Brewery where half of us went to one location and then switched due to the size. Again, another interesting stop. All the other locations after Taps were set up for the tastings when we arrived which we appreciated. It was a fun day for the price I paid but I do not know if it would have been paying the full price for.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank JGM418
Buffalo, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Niagara. Fun tours i think u should have had more wine”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The drivet was great but the tour itself . I feel it could have better . People not friendly and the little samples you cpuldnt even have a little buzz, there were no good shopping. The brewery staff very unattentive. I wouldnt return

Visited March 2013
Buffalo, NY
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Winter Niagara Wine Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We went on the winter wine tour in April 2013. It was the last of the winter tours. We enjoyed our tour very much and would recommend this tour company. We stopped at four wineries throughout the afternoon. There were about 50 people on the bus. The wineries included Palantine, Konzelman, Rancourt and Carolina. The Carolina winery broke us up into two groups where we were able to select 4 wines to sample. The first two wineries preselected four wines for the tasting. The presentation at Palentine was particularly entertaining but all of them were prepared and informative. Our bus driver Joe was so funny and such a good driver. (He goes by Mike, Mickey, Michael too which is part of his entertainment.) The schedule was well planned and executed. I would recommend taking a lunch with you. After the second winery we stopped at a market where you could buy things but you could run into a crowd there. We were able to eat lunch at the Rancourt winery while they presented their wines. Our last stop of the day was at the Chocolate Fixes factory. A rep showed us the room where they made the chocolate and described the process. This would have been more interesting if they had actually been making the chocolate but it was a Sunday and there was no activity. All our stops ended with a visit to the gift shops. Excellent tour!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank MarBush
Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Potential to be a fun day”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We went on the Beer and Wine tour in April 2013 with Niagara Fun tours. This had the potential to be a great tour - most of the stops was great and I would definitely encourage anyone to check out the breweries and Niagara College Winery. Unfortunately our driver, John, was not in the mood to be giving a tour - he didn't make conversation or talk while on the shuttle, at each stop he would just open the door and send us out. There was no heat on the bus (or at least it wasn't turned on), the driver spent most of his time talking on his cell phone while driving (which is illegal in Ontario), and he smoked on the bus while we were off the bus which made it miserable to get back on. We didn't make it to one of the scheduled wineries and had an unscheduled stop at a grocery store...it was a bit strange.

Visited April 2013