“AMAZING!!”

$32.75*
and up
Full-Day Niagara Wine Tour and Tastings
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I went on the Brewery and Winery tour, one of the tours included in our Dealfind purchase. We went last Friday and to our surprise, there were very few people on the tour (only two other couples). This worked out in our favour since it turned out to be a very casual, fun-filled day trip for all of us. Our driver Joseph was a great tour guide! Not only informative but a very funny man.

Our first stop off was the Niagara College, where we visited both their winery and brewery. Here, they show you how they make their beers, and it is their students that actually make them. We got two complimentary wine tastings and two beer tastings at the college.

Our next stop was Cattail winery. Yum. We got to try four wines (five since me and my partner shared the two ice wines). Everything was so delicious, we ended up buying four bottles of wine to take home here since they tasted so amazing and were very inexpensive.

After a short pit stop to grab snacks, we then got to try EIGHT wines at Caroline Cellars, a family owned winery. The best part about this experience is that we got to choose our wines from their big list. I ended up buying an ice wine since they had some very good deals as well.

We went to Oast House Brewers afterwards, which has only been around for a few months but has down very well for themselves. My partner is more of a beer drinker than I am so it was a nice treat for him.

One of the breweries was not open, so Joseph's quick planning got us some additional stops. We were able to visit Angelo Rossi's glassblowing studio and watched him in action. I can't believe the art that transpired in front of my eyes. That man is a genius.

Across from the glassblowing studio, we visited Taps on Queen, a brewery and restaurant. Here, we got to try four beers (two each, but shared with my partner again). We actually had two $10 coupons for this place from Dealfind, and we were able to combine them to buy some beers to take back with us.

Just when you think the fun is over, we got to visit a chocolate factory at Chocolate FX! Not only did we learn how chocolates are made, but there were many (20+) samples of different chocolates to try! They had many interesting flavours, and I ended up buying the raspberry chocolate covered coffee bean one since that ended up being our favourite :)

All in all, a very wonderful experience that I would recommend to anybody. We traveled with a great group, everyone that represented their winery or brewery were all delightful, and most of all Joseph was such an amazing guide and on his birthday no less!

Since they switch up their wineries from time to time I would love to do this again. I'm not much of a drinker so it is nice to get to taste different wines this way and actually appreciate what goes into it. Highlight of our Niagara visit hands down!

5  Thank ElBn

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I purchased three vouchers from Living Social for the winter wine tour through Niagara. A fantastic bargain of $37 each, we saw beautiful vineyards, tasted great wine, and had wonderful company.
We got picked up promptly at Casino Niagara at 11.25am, picked up one more couple, then started the tour and from the moment we stepped foot on the bus, we did not stop laughing until the end of the tour at 6pm. We were treated to 6 winery stops instead of 4 (I guess because it was quiet that day), and had no less than 4 wines at each winery including Ice wines (2-3 ounces per glass... It adds up) ... The tutors were informative , fun and very hospitable, and we even got to sit down with a warm lunch and eat in the comfort of one of the winery's with a selection of wines. Our driver was absolutely the man of the match!!!! Kept us laughing, intrigued, informed us of the history of Niagara and kept realing off random wine facts and the jokes were just so funny! We were lucky to have a great group too, so it was super sociable, and we all really had such a fabulous experience! Thank you Fun tours and thanks to Joe for making our holiday unforgettable!!!! Happy holidays!!!! Ell, ste, shery :-)

Oh yes, must not forget Chocolate FX chocolate factory... Endless freebies to finish off the day! Perfecto!

4  Thank Ellysia
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I purchased the winter wine tour for myself and two friends through Living Social for $37 per person. We booked the day before and got three slots just fine as it was for a Friday. We got picked up super promptly outside of Casino Niagara and as soon as we stepped on the bus, the fun started and didn't stop until we left at 6pm. We ended up going to 6 winery's in the area (instead of 4 )which was a wonderful treat, and also went to chocolate FX chocolate factory for lots of freebies! At each winery we sampled no less than 4 wines at each, about 2-3 ounces per glass (it added up) , including ice wines, learnt how the wines were made and all of the hosts were super friendly an enthusiastic. We purchased lots of great wine at super prices, perfect Christmas and holiday gifts!
One of the highlights was our driver "mike" joe, he absolutely made the whole experience more than I ever expected , was super hilarious, informative, attentive, fantastic! Anyone contemplating doing a winter tour, DO NOT HESITATE!!!!! :-D I'm going again in the summer for sure!

3  Thank EllNoble
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We had a wonderful time on the Microbrewery and Wine tour. It was a good selection of beers and wines from the Niagara area. We were entertained by our tour guide, Tyler, with many stories as he drove us safely in a smaller tour bus. He was a lot of fun and very knowledgable.

We were surprised how great the Niagara College tour was. We learned how to do a proper tasting of wine of both white and red along with trying other wines they sell. We also got to have a little look into their excellent beer making program.

We were amazed with Silversmith Brewery! I cannot wait until he gets this microbrewery on a larger production. This is a gem to watch for!

We also went to Cattail Creek Vineyard, Carolyn Cellers, Oast and Chocolate FX,

Overall, it was a great tour that I would reccomend for everyone who can't decide if they prefer beer or wine or with one person who prefers beer and one person who prefers wine. It is good for all drinkers! We'll be back!

4  Thank Lesley L
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I joined the Microbrewery and Wine tour with a group of friends after buying a deal online for $39. I don't think I would pay the regular price for the tour, but the $39 was definitely worth it - don't forget to tip your tour guide though!

Our tour guide's name was Tyler - he made the whole tour a lot of fun and was very knowledgeable. In between the stops he had great stories and jokes to share, he's definitely what made the tour worth it! At Cattail's he recommended the chocolate dessert wine which we were not given a free sample of (the sample was $2). It was great recommendation and I bought a gift pack, which two other people bought after me as well.

Niagara College - the wine wasn't that great, the ale was awesome - I wish I had bought a case!

Silversmith Brewery - Great beer, can't wait until they get their license!

Cattail Vineyard - Their wine was just average. The chocolate dessert wine was good and something different - good christmas gift!

Chocolate FX - We didn't get the tour of the factory, but the chocolates were pretty good. I wanted to buy some, but it was just too expensive.

Taps - Great stop! The food was pretty good and they were generous with their beer samples. I didn't like all the beers, but some of them were pretty good.

There's a glass blowing shop next to Taps. You can watch the guy make glass there, it's pretty impressive!

Overall, it was a fun afternoon - can't go wrong with beer and wine!

2  Thank TrackN