“Not clean at all, poor management”
Review of The Peninsula Inn

The Peninsula Inn
Ranked #12 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We booked the hotel through Hotwire without knowing which hotel we would get. According to the website it was supposed to be a hotel similar to Holiday Inn which turns out to be completely wrong. The price we paid was cheap for 3-night stay but it does not justify the dirtiness and the look and poor management of this hotel.

1- The rooms are very very very out-dated which is not a big issue if it was clean. The carpet in the room did not see any vacuum cleaner in the corners and the side of the walls which is way too dusty.

2-The lamp shades have stains and dust all over which looks disgusting.

3-The bathroom has yellow splash stains especially where the toilet paper holder is.

4-We have (yes we are still at the hotel) a leakage in the ceiling where at some point water was dripping in a high rate. We called them and they sent a guy to check it out and we have been told that there is jacuzzi upstairs which apparently leaks. So the solution is 'they told people in the upstairs not to fill the jacuzzi too much!!!' Yes, this is their solution and we are still in the same room with people's bath water stains on the sofa and carpet!!!

5-We are US citizens so we do not have data plans for Canada. We have been relying on the WIFI at the hotel which for some reason is not working in the rooms, available only in the lobby. They said they have technical issues, which is not fixed for almost more than one day.

6-If you still want to stay at this hotel, bring your own bath towels. Besides the very poor quality of the towels, they are extremely small which could barely cover my 8-year old.

7-Also do not rely the shampoo, lotion or whatever toiletries usually the normal hotels supply because all they give is 2 tiny plastic package of shampoo for 3 people. (Thank God they at least have soap bar)

8-The room has mini fridge which looks surprisingly new and is working fine.

9-They have a pool which I will not even put my feet in after seeing the condition of the room but some people look that they are enjoying it.

10- The distance from the falls is not too bad if you have a car. We did not take the bus so no comment on that but all day parking near the falls is $5 which is cheap.

After this experience I will never ever book a hotel without knowing its name and I will only stay in brand-named hotels because they worry about their reputation and at least they care about their customers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank crescentri

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here June 14-16 2013 for our 22nd wedding anniversary. I booked this hotel through hotels.com because the hotel looked ok online. On arrival I was not impressed at all as it was further from the falls than we had anticipated. I wanted to go to a different hotel right away but we further decided we just needed a place to put our heads. Checked in very late that night almost midnight and left early the next morning to get breakfast and sight see a little bit so we never paid attention there was no television in the room. While out to dinner the night of our anniversary my husband said to me by the way did you notice there was no television, I was like another reason the hotel was so priced so low. My husband brought it the front desk attention and needless to say we were accused of stealing the television. Long story short I will NEVER stay here again ofcourse and will be sure to encourage as many Americans as I can going over the border to Canada NEVER to stay at this hotel. WORSE SERVICE EVER.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marce893
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is average. The room was clean, they even upgraded us by surprise so we had a huge room with a separate kitchen/living room. For the price you pay I thought it was great. It's very close to the falls and to the downtown area where everything happens at night. The staff was friendly. No negatives :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I booked an appointment in the hotel SPA and stayed in the hotel for 2 night on Victoria Day long weekend. We liked the treatment in the SPA, but we did not like the hotel so much. It seems to be OK, but the design in the room is very poor, and it is not the same as it was at the picture. Though, it might be very convenient for family with kids, because room has fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. It is enough parking space free of additional charge. The bathroom was clean and spacious with 2 sinks (one of them to be used as a kitchen sink). The floor was laminate with area rug near the bed. It was OK, but not cozy. Airconditioner was very noisy, and I did not like the fact that it was only blinds on the window (not curtains or sheers). It is 8-10 min drive to Niagara Falls and attractions, what is OK. The hotel located in 1-2 min walk to big plaza with a lot of stores and restaurants (it is no food facilities on the site).
Honestly, we did not enjoy staying in this hotel because we did not feel welcome. Everything seemed to be OK and there, but not a pleasant feeling.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing chapel at the back of the hotel, and book an appointment for massage at the SPA.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelLover826
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was super far away around 8 miles away, it was 10 minute drive. Plus, nobody who worked at the front desk knew the schedule to Niagara Falls. Honestly, it'd probably be cheaper and better to stay near the Falls. Also, so many things kept breaking, we tried to iron our clothes and the ironing board's knob to close the board fell off so we couldn't close it. What else, the iron was sticky and gross so it's clear they didn't clean it, in the bathroom, there's four towels and three washcloths which makes no sense and there wasn't even a cloth to clean your hands. It was clean but I couldn't stand that it was so far away, that when the maid cleans your room, they just throw your stuff out of the way. Literally, my blanket got thrown on the floor under a chair, who does that? I would never stay in this hotel again and my advice to others is to definitely spend the extra 10 dollars and stay in a nicer, closer hotel.

Also, it was HOT as heck in the rooms and the internet was super slow plus you had to pay for it. I googled the Best Western that's on the Niagara side, it was 120 a night or something with free internet. Just saying.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashley J
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Upon arrival the reception was dead quite, we were told that our room wasn't ready and it would be $30.00 for an upgrade. Oh what the heck, we took it. The room and hallway smelled like a nursing home that was just cleaned. I couldn't stay in that room and went to reception to ask for a regular room and get our $30.00 back, they proceeded to try to sell us other rooms all the while speaking in either Cantonese or mandarin. The furniture was old and smelly, Internet charge $5.00 per day, towels hard and scratchy, soap and lotions made in India, TV stations minimal. If your house is better than your hotel room there's an issue.

Room Tip: Do not Stay here!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank D H
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our 30tth wedding anniversay. My first priority was cleanliness. The room was very clean, hotel staff nice and helpful. There is a walmart next door for incidentals.It is a very short drive to the falls. The restaurant was never open while we were there which was disappointing since it had good reviews.We did find a family owned restaurant close by--Perry's Place. The food was great as was the service. Our room had a view of the chapel at the back of the hotel. Beautiful grounds which would be perfect for a wedding. We would definitly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the back with a view of tthe grounds. They have everything you could want for a wedd...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple