“Worst experience ever!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Vancouver, Canada
“Worst experience ever!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Kool Katts sometime last weekend.

The owner didn't seen to care to take our orders or serve us. My bf asked for a glass of iced water, and 30 minutes later he had not received it from the owner ( Instead he was busy entertaining a few drunk people who were at the restaurant.), so we decided to ask his teenage daughter who had just entered the restaurant (30 mins later) from her basketball practise. She immediately got him the water.

The food is HORRIBLE. I ordered a beef patty and it was as stale as it gets. Might have been seating in the freezer for about 2 weeks , before they warmed it up for me. We also ordered FRIED PLANTAIN AND SWEET POTATO CHIPS $4.50 (As a Caribbean girl I have NEVER seen anything like that before. One plaintain cut into 3 slices, and the sweet potato chips I don't have words to describe) It tasted disgusting.
JERK SHRIMP SKEWER & PINEAPPLE RELISH $7.95 (3 shrimps is all you get with this order).
I had a Jerk Chicken meal (Rice and Peas and chicken), and I was forcing mysef to eat it until I had to just give up on the meal. My boyfriend had a Jerk Ribs meal, and he couldn't eat the ribs. He was fighting with it...The knife couldn't cut it, and his hands didn't help either. Never have I seen anything like that before. We each had a drink with our "meals" (Tiger Malt, and Root Beer), and 6 Tiger Malts to go. Our bill was $80 (He didn't tell me it was that expensive until I asked (and I NEVER asked before!), a little after we left the restaurant, he resisted, but eventually told me). Do the Math....Our 2 meals, fried plaintain and sweet potato chips, beef patty, jerk shrimp skewer & pineapple relish much have cost about $40, because the ribs meal was a little costlier than my chicken mean which was UNDER $10. The 6 drinks we bought to go, and the 2 we had there cost $40, which is insane if you ask me. We were charged more than $6 for these drinks every other restaurant sells for $2.50 max (and all grocery stores have Tiger Malts for 0.79)! I still believe we were ripped off.

I really don't mind paying for something that's worth it, but I have a problem when it's not worth it. I will NEVER recommend this restaurant to anyone. I would prefer sending someone to Wendy's over Kool Katts.

• Visited May 2012