“average”

Villager Lodge Niagara Falls
Ranked #47 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Dont expect too much when you stay there.....limited services....old rooms.....limited breakfast.....just good for one night if thats all....parking lot was not cleaned when it snowed one evening it was icy...air conditioner was noisy and had limited channels on tv

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

I did not understand this sense. There was no snow in Niagara Falls that needed to be plow and on the other hand they were using the A/C ???? while heat source from the baseboard heaters at the Villager Lodge.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Yes, better than you would expect, if you pay what you pay. No frills but good value. It is an older building and I understand that improvements are constantly made. LCD TV's are in place and beds are very comfortable (on a firm side, and we do like a little firm). The breakfast area is small but they allow (and advise) to take food in your room. Take a tray and make a 2nd trip if needed.
The property is located in Lundy's Lane at about 10 minutes drive from the Falls and Clifton Hills. All infrastructure of Lundy's Lane is present. Tim Horton's, fast food, Outlet Mall and restaurants are conveniently there. Good value for money, staff is very accommodating. Will have no problems to stay again.

Room Tip: Have dinner at Syndicate Restaurant (6863 Lundy's Lane)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Villager Lodge deeply appreciated your honest review and proud to hear that our guest enjoyed their stay. We serves many guest everyday and they really enjoy their time at the Villager Lodge but they do not bother to review the hotel on the tripadvisor but if they are not happy then they must review us on the tripadvisor but never tell the truth. Guest who had stayed at other places before they appreciated our services and hospitality. Villager Lodge always look for improvements to make and adding more more amenities so our every guest can enjoy their vacation time while they are away from their sweet home. You can find everything you needed to enjoy your time at the Villager Lodge. i.e. Lcd tvs, microwave, refigerator, hair dryer, ironing, wi fi and much more. Villager Lodge proud to have the guest like you and look forward to serve you again in the future.
Once again, thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was a smelly, dirty, worn and just old room. If there are better ones there, we didn't get one. I would pay $200 and up before staying in this dump again. Killed 2 spiders while there. I am used to way better but on the other hand fair and honest. Permanent stained toilet, floors and showers, sinks. I'm guessing all the good reviews were written by the staff. The room we had got stuck in 1980. I do believe the furniture is that old. We were in Buffalo for 1 day on family business. Flew in and could not get a room in Buffalo or any place close by less than $230, because of the game on Sunday Patriots/Bills. All hotels were sold out or charging rediculious prices. We brought passports with us just in case we would have to cross the border. The carpet was so dirty we only took shoes off to get in bed. The smell was terrible. Walls dirty, and stained. I used the toilet standing up (yes I am a female) I refused to use the shower or tub. I apologize to my fellow air passengers if you could tell. Nothing in this room was newer than 10 years other than (get this) the flat screen hanging on the wall. Who does that? Put a flat screen in the Bates Motel. I would feel horrible if I had to ask a homeless person to stay here. I kept telling myself "its just one night". Sorry never again. This is one of th0se $29-39 dollar a night room inflated because of the game. Next time I can't get a Westin/Hyatt/Hilton/Marriott........new, lesser brand name, I will drive 1-2 hrs or just pay the inflated rate at a high end hotel.. I've heard it's not home or just a bed, no, I should not have to lower my standards to crap. I would not lie about the condition, because I hope others are truthful as well, becuse I use their comments when selecting rooms. That's why I find it hard to believe any good reviews. I can't comment on the staff because it was just a check in process, nothing rude, just a transaction. She explained where the room was and gave me access to the internet (didn't use). No sense asking for a different room in this type of place and I know there were very few rooms anywhere and in similar places, I had been checking the internet all day before and same day. Bottom line never, ever, ever again.

Room Tip: Don't bother. I trully can not believe any that stayed in room 122 were not horrified.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WhereToNextTootie
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

We deeply apologized that you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel but we always try our best to accommodate our guest to serve them better. We honer honest reviews even good or bad and always take the action to correct the issues. But your review is not honest at all, more likely sounds competitors written. Room comes with LCD tvs, Hair Dryer, Ironing and Ironing boards, Fridge, and Microwave as well as Free Long distance calls to North America. If Villager Lodge can provide all these amenities without extra cost then our other Honest Guests will realize that the toilet seat cannot be stained which SHE had to use STANDING!!! Next time be Honest and should learn to respect the other guests who also pay to relax beside your room if you ever stay in any hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We took the honeymoon suite and it was pretty awesome. The heart shaped jacuzzi worked well. The room was dated but well kept and clean. The staff is friendly. Only issue was the continental breakfast. Boiled eggs, cereal and koolaid in a 4 by 4 space with 8 chairs doesnt qualify in my book as a continental breakfast. Also the light bulbs in the room are the energy saver kind. Good for the environment i guess but bad for a hotel room.

Anyways all an all its an awesome family spot for the value.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Oizaz1
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Villager Lodge deeply appreciated your honest review. Its our pleasure to serve you better. We count every single review into consideration. we will make any possibility to extend that area but you also have the advantages to take your breakfast to your room which most of our guests prefer to do it because no other hotel allow to do that. Once again, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
Villager Lodge.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Room was clean and great size we had 5 adults in this family suite w/kitchenette for the price well worth the 10 minute drive to the falls area.Close to Outlet Mall and Restaurants.Was very quiet area with a tim hortons right across the street. Also 2 mini putts just down the street.Very freindly at the front desk.
Thanks
Randy

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Villager Lodge and the management of the hotel deeply apreciated your honest review that our guest took their valuable time to share their experience and are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our every single effort would be to make our guests stay comfortable and relaxable. So, We are also going to remodel our efficiency rooms with new kitchen cabinets and adding more amenities in all the rooms soon. Once again, Thanks for your valuable review.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We came down as a Ball team for a tournament, and were looking to do it on the cheaper end of things, but without staying in a flea bag motel (been there and done that!)

We were extremely happy with this choice, so much so we have already booked rooms here for our next tournament.

The gentleman who looks after the grounds was very friendly, and even allowed the group to have a great time playing with the "toys" (riding mower...lol)

This is a place that allows long-term stays, most of whom were friendly and courteous. We never managed to be up or around during the breakfast hours, but it looked decent enough. Amanda was super nice and friendly behind the counter.

Would and have recommended this to everyone looking for a place in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Villager Lodge and the management of the hotel greatly appreciated your honest review. Its our pleasure to have guests like you. We will guaranteed to make our guests stay very comfortable in the future as well so they can enjoy their vacation time again while they are away from their sweet home. Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was pleased with my stay here. At first I was afraid what i might find because the price was so good i paid for it on hotels.com. But the husband and wife who own the property or manage it (not sure which) were very helpful. The rooms are plain but clean and it had a sort of homey feel . There were about 30 or so rooms so its small . They have a pool and a little area if you wanted to Bar-b-que. I'm thinking about coming back next summer with the kids so they can experience the falls I would be able to afford two rooms (I have teens). The continental breakfast could stand some improvement that would be a big plus. But overall I was happy with my stay

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you have a problem with stairs make sure you get a first floor room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Villager Lodge and the management of the hotel deeply appreciated your honest review that our
guest took their valuable time to share their experience. Its our honor to have guests like you.
Our hard work paid off on the spot when it come to know that our guest had enjoyed their stay. Thanks for staying with us and hopefully will see you guys in the future.
Nick Bhella (Manager)