“No show.”

Dining options: Breakfast
Canada
“No show.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This restaurant seemed promising. I had heard a lot of good things about it and when we walked in it was very nice inside. I was shocked to see the sign say "seat yourself" because it was so busy. We went for breakfast on a weekend, and expected busy. What we didn't expect was to be ignored. One waitress made eye contact with us in the 20 minutes that we sat and waited and not one person came to ask us if we wanted a drink, a menu, or ANYTHING. We had our 12 month old baby with us and she was getting impatient after the 20 minutes so we decided to leave. On our way out I expressed my dissatisfaction with the hostess, who apparently wasn't doing any hostessing and she said "Oh, like we're so busy. I'm sorry!". We left anyways. As did two other tables who received the same service we did. I will not give them a second try.

• Visited July 2012

Canada
“Good Food, Fair Price”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Took my oldest boy for breaky. We started off with a sign that read, "Please Seat Yourself" We walked over to a table sat down only to have the waitress tell us that section was closed. There was another part of the restaurant that was also closed, but no signage indicating either. The waitress did come promptly to take our order. It was clear she was over worked, and we felt a little sorry for her. She was rushing around. Our order was correct, our food was hot, and it came in a timely matter. It got very warm in there, and when I inquired she reported that they shut the air off as it was colder in the morning. She did however go over and turn the air on and in minutes it was comfortable.My tea was free with my breakfast purchase. Nice Touch!
My son enjoyed his breaky, price was very fair.

We will go back.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank hacksawCanada
Ancaster, Canada
“Fantastic home cooking”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Went to the egg and I for breakfast what a beautiful local. The service was phenomenal. The waitress was knowledgeable about the menu. The food was savoury and cooked to perfection. Coffee was great. Its refreshing to see a family run business with the actual owners there cooking and serving. I would rate this number one breakfast place in niagara.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Great Greek Omlettes”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

First time at Niagara Falls new spot. Loved it, friendly staff excellent service food was wonderful. Had a great time, will do again and again!

• Visited April 2012
Naples, Italy
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I just LOVE this place!!! We really enjoyed our breakfast at The Egg & I. The restaurant has a cozy atmosphere to it and the staff all seem to really enjoy being there. Judging by the crowd that had gathered by the time we left, we’re not the only ones that think so highly of them either. Breakfast is reasonably priced. Portion sizes great! Service is excellent!

• Visited February 2012