“Dont let the bad reviews scare you.....this is a winner.”
Review of The Egg and I - CLOSED

The Egg and I
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Being a fairly new local, I'm still finding my way around the Niagara area, let alone hitting all the restaurants. On Sunday morning we tried the Egg and I on Thorold Stone Rd, Niagara Falls. There were lots of cars in the parking lot, but not many people in the restauant. The staff were very friendly, greeted us at the hostess desk immediately and sat us at a table. The decor was nice and the restaurant was clean. We checked the menu, it had a good breakfast slection, as well as lunch and supper.
I chose the 1/2 stack of pancakes, my wife had the bacon and eggs. The coffee, before 11 am was free and was extremely good. I'm a milk with coffee only person, so if the coffee is a little bitter or weak, I can tell immediatey. It was great restaurant coffee.
My wifes' dish had more than enough fried potatoes, which I tried. A lttle salty, but very fresh and delicious. The bacon was crisp as ordered. My pancakes (buttermilk) with pecans was very good. Not as good as my own homemake, but to be honest, no restaurant has ever matched the taste fo my own made from sratch buttermilk pancakes. We'd certainly go back to this restaurant and I highly recommend it to visitors looking for a reasonable price meal.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Hubby and I went for breakfast and I have to say we both thought it was terrible. The potatoes were really greasy and gross and not even cooked. They tasted like boiled potatoes tossed in oil and had a really weird taste. We complained about the taste and the girl just handed us the bill and didnt even care. Poor service. Any ways we wont be back.

Reviewed December 24, 2011

they can't decide if they are a bar or a restaurant or a breakfast diner so rather than do one thing very well, they do most things very poorly. Tried to pass off a cold, dry, burnt hamburger patty cut into four pieces as a meatball sandwich. Shame.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

My family and I went to eat at The Egg & I's newest location on Thorold Stone Road on a busy Sunday Morning. When we arrived and saw the place so busy, we expected to wait a bit for a table and food. However, we were seated promptly and had our drink order taken immediately. The drinks arrived and a very pleasant server came to introduce herself. We took a few minutes to decide on our meals and ended up ordering a Greek omelette (as per our servers suggestion), strawberry pancakes, back bacon and eggs and an eggs benedict. Our meals arrived within 5 minutes of ordering!! We could not believe it came so quickly!! And we were NOT disappointed! Everything was beyond delicious! The suggested Greek omelette was stuffed with tomatoes, green peppers and feta (asked to omit the onions). The huge stack of fluffy pancakes came with a hot strawberry sauce leaving our mouths watering at the smell. The back bacon was tender and fresh. And the benedict was delicious, perfectly poached eggs! The homefries were different than any of us had had before, but were very good. Perfectly seasoned and firm yet soft. We were also told that the restaurant also serves deep fried homefries or without seasoning. The server was very attentive, but not intrusive and kept our coffees full! We have visited many breakfast restaurants before, and this was the best one we had been to in many years! We will definately be back and telling others about this great establishment!

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Great place to eat!!! Food and portion was great!! Service excellent!! And I got free coffee with my breakfast!!