“Most interesting tour !!”

Niagara Ghost Walks
Ranked #12 of 40 Tours in Niagara Falls
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Dare to explore 'the darker side' of Niagara Falls. Take a lanternlit stroll through Niagara's haunted downtown core and hear tales of murder and mayhem. Learn of the ghosts and spirits that still roam the darkened streets of the 'world's most famous address'. Just five minutes from the tourist district, the haunted buildings of the Niagara of old provide an unforgettable experience. Niagara Ghost Walks is owned and operated by a local of the area, providing first hand insights into the paranormal side of the Honeymoon Capitol of the world. We are also happy to accommodate bus groups and private tours. Please ask up about our haunted Niagara Ghost Walks wedding package. As well, with 30 years experience in entertaining and historical local tour guiding, we also provide step-on private guides for families and groups. Enjoy a private guided tour and see the hidden gems that Niagara has to offer.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Most interesting tour !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I went on a 10 day trip throughout Canada and this was the best tour I went on! Linda made the old buildings and the city of Elgin come alive. Homes/old buidlings/vacant lots are all imbued with history, character and of course ghosts. Linda is serious historian and has researched the Niagara Falls archives. So, I definitively learned some history NOT found in guidebooks. Also, I was only person on the tour. I would think most other tour guides would have canceled, but Linda was so nice about having me. Anyway, great experience.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Beth P
Niagaraghostwalks, Owner at Niagara Ghost Walks, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind review! This was my first 'one person' tour. However you were an astute and eager traveler and I have always had a penchant for hostelers and the hosteling experience. I had so much fun showing you about that night, I can say that it hardly felt like I was working. I hope you enjoyed and garnered rich memories during the rest of your trip to Canada:-)

Niagara Falls
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spooky date or ghoulishly good time for a family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I my opinion, there's no better entertainment value this side of Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls for friends, families, or couples looking for a little extra shiver up the spine. Go for a walk on the weird side of the village of Elgin and hear stories of gangsters and stunters, murderers and madmen. Be sure to bring your camera... while there are no hidden "pop up" actor plants in this show, the ghost sometimes turn up on their own.,,

Visited June 2013
1 Thank trishh905
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Fascinating and creepy walking tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We really enjoyed the walking tour! Linda was entertaining and very knowledgeable about the history of the area. I am originally from Niagara Falls but did not know the stories Linda told. I loved hearing about the history of many of the old buildings in the former village of Elgin, especially the house that was once a stop on the Underground Railroad. It was atmospheric and creepy walking around the old downtown area. A very personal and memorable experience, I highly recommend it!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Lydiabennet
Holly, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun, unusual tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were looking for a fun activity for 2 generations (5 of us in all) which wouldn't be too strenuous but be captivating for all. We found it in this tour! We didn't know quite what to expect but were fully entertained for about one and a half hours, strolling in some of the oldest parts of Niagara Falls. Part history, part ghost stories and some unexpected (but not really scary) twists. Wouldn't be interesting to really young children but this was our favourite attraction after the falls themselves. A nice way to finish the day.

Visited July 2012
Barrie, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great tour of the Elgin area, or the original downtown of Niagara Falls. Lots of spooky stories, Linda was very personable and funny. Made the stories enjoyable. The area is a huge difference then the main tourist area, very quite it made for a very spooky atmosphere. You'll enjoy it.

Visited March 2013