“Authentic food, European feel.”
Review of Savoury and Sweet Restaurant - MOVED

Savoury and Sweet Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: European Classic Meals, Schnitzels, Veal, Beef or Chicken Stews with home made dumplings, Cabbage Rolls, Goulash, made from scratch home made Soups, vegetarian and meat savoury crepes and sweet dessert crepes. Restaurant will close permanently September 7 2016
Reviewed August 20, 2012

There's no need to be in a rush because that takes away from the experience and real food is cooked to order. It's not waiting for you when you arrive at Savoury & Sweet. This was well worth the short drive out of the tourist district.

25  Thank kinchct

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I can't review the food at Savoury and Sweet because our order was never received! There were only 10 people in the restaurant but the owner/waiter seemed frazzled and confused. My husband and I ordered simple crepes and others in the restaurant who came in after us, received their meals and completed them while we waited! The owner eventually came to our table and apologized and criticized his kitchen staff for not preparing the orders in the order he presented them. After waiting patiently for another 10 minutes, I asked when we could expect to get our crepes and he said "in five minutes or so" but when I asked him to check with the kitchen he came back and stated "they can't guarantee the order will be ready in five minutes". In my opinion, forty-five minutes is too long to wait for lunch - even when the recipes are "made from scratch". My husband and I walked out! We would not return or recommend this restaurant.

4  Thank Bead-trix
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I read about this place on Tripadviser and was eager to try it with three of my friends. We were there when the doors opened. I had a Herdsman meal, on the recommendation of the owner, and it was uniquely delicious. For dessert, of course, I had a crepe, which was by far the best crepe I have ever had. I was not disappointed in the least bit. It was also nice to find a place that actually serves fresh-squeezed orange juice.

26  Thank Neekus
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We ventured into Niagara hoping to find some budget friendly, delicious food. The woman at the front desk handed us the pamphlet to Savoury and Sweet. The staff was knowledgable, sweet, and friendly, while the food was piping hot and perfectly seasoned. As a vegetarian, it is always exciting to find a place that has multiple veggie options. I was delighted by what the had to offer and we left with full stomachs and happy hearts. Anyone who wants a low key, intimate environment should look no further than this restaurant!

23  Thank Beth O
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I thought my wife and I knew crepes when we went to France last year.... I was very disapointed with what we got rubbery thick and not very crepe like in our opinion. Maybe this is what they are supposed to be like but I'll pass for next time though.

3  Thank John L