“Culinary highlight of the trip!”

Syndicate Restaurant and Brewery
Ranked #42 of 582 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Syndicate Restaurant was such a treat I wish we had one in NJ! The meals were $22-$25..price fix. We all had Caesar salad, I had a white fish with a crab/seafood topping (to die for) and my hubby had the steak. For dessert my son and hubby had chocolate cheesecake, and I had the creme brulee. Everything was fabulous. I had a couple glasses of wine so I got up the nerve to walk into the kitchen and personally thank the chefs! Seems they work as a team. We did arrived rather late and did try to make reservations but our concierge at the Hilton messed it up. They sat us anyway but they were definitely winding down with dinner....so we were served quickly! Thank you Syndicate. I am so glad I had the pleasure of dining with you!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This restaurant on Lundy's Lane with a $25. person prix fixe menu offered us a very memorable meal in Niagara Falls. The 3-courses include soup or salad, a selection of entrees, and dessert. We enjoyed the pot roast dinner and the rainbow trout dinner. And the crème brulee was delicious. We don't drink alcoholic beverages, so I can't comment on the brewery. But, I would advise reservations. One night we were turned away without them. We had no trouble making 6 pm reservations the next day. Oh, we don't climb stairs well, so if you have a similar problem, tell them you want to be seated on the first floor. The stairs to the 2nd level appeared to be quite steep.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went to the Syndicate on a Tuesday evening. We had the steak of the night & it was very good. Boo had the soup to go with his meal & I had the Ceasar Salad. It was reasonably priced and we got to choose our dessert. Everything we had was very good! Well worth a try if you're visiting Niagra Falls!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We walked in to the restaurant and were abruptly asked if we had a reservation, I looked around at a less then 1/2 full restaurant. OK, maybe they expected a crowd. The host went to see if they had any availability in back. Upon his return, he said we only have this one table, close to the door or outside. Perfect, we wanted to sit outdoors on the patio anyway. We were seated, the waitress took our order and then... we waited over an hour for our food. When I asked to speak to the manager, our waitress stepped into my face and said She could take care of it. Another employee started to tell me that the kitchen was very busy, was small and had to cook for three dining areas. Really? No 'sorry about the wait'? During the time we were waiting, we could see the kitchen staff of at least 5 people on smoke break....2 separate times.When the waitress appeared with our food it was very cold, not luke warm, Cold. I told her it was cold and she rolled her eyes, took it to the back and eventually returned with another dish. She then told me, with hands on hips, that they had to take someone elses dish to 'make you happy'.
Both entrees my spouse and I ordered were not very good. We had the seafood bowl and the lamb shank. The fish was rubbery and the lamb shank was over cooked and tasteless. In the end, she comped our drinks. WORST experience dining in many years.

4  Thank Roswatki
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Syndicate has a very moderately priced three course prix fixe menu. All the food we ate was very good. I am lactose intolerant; they were very attentive and advised regarding any potential problems. The manager solved a reservation problem and our waitress was friendly and helpful. If you are in a hurry, do not eat there. The three course meal takes approximately 90 minutes.