“Great meal in a warm and welcoming setting!”

Syndicate Restaurant and Brewery
Ranked #36 of 560 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Great meal in a warm and welcoming setting!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had the good fortune to go to the Syndicate restaurant and brew house in Niagara Falls , Ontario last night. We were looking for a new place to eat on a very cold and bitter winter evening and did we find a great place!
The first thing that warmed me was the beautiful fireplace blazing as we entered from outside.
The service was great and the waitress was pleasant and very cognizant of all of our requests.
I had the lobster ravioli and it was amazing! My husband had the lamb shanks and he thoroughly enjoyed them. We ordered from the fixed price menu so we were able to have an appetizer, main course and dessert all for the price of $20. Amazing, affordable food! And lots of good choices as well.
While we were there, another table was celebrating a birthday and the waiter sang the traditional song...but his voice was a pleasure to listen to.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Yum!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We came from SC and took a chance on an unknown to us. We were so happy to find a place this good with nice staff and great value! Like I told them, "We double dawg dare you to open a store in Myrtle Beach!

Rochester, New York
“huge disappointment”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Was planning a day trip to the falls area with my bf so we researched top places to get drinks/food. Syndicate came up as a brewery so we put it on our list. Drove by the place twice, couldn’t find it and instead found ourselves in the seediest part of the Falls I’ve ever seen. I didn’t realize Lundy’s Lane = strip clubs and run down strip malls. Yuck. Finally found it but did not want to go in. Doesn’t look like much from outside. Bar had two patrons, restaurant was empty. We sat in the front room, which was nicely decorated but cold. The bartender/waitress was pleasant enough and greeted us quickly. Ordered a pair of beers, an order of wings and the duck poutine. I love a darker, full bodied beer (great lakes Edmund Fitzgerald, Rohrbach’s scotch ale, etc) so was expecting something of that nature. The nut brown fell short for me. Was not “nutty” at all and something just wasn’t..right.. about it. It was almost watery and flat. Hard to describe, just definitely not what I was hoping for at all. The wings were excellent! The duck poutine came in a large square-ish bowl and was loaded w meat. I don’t eat duck, but the gravy and cheese looked so good, I had my bf put some on a plate for me to try. Sadly there was a short, black hair coiled in the melted cheese. That was it for me. When the waitress came back we pointed it out to her, she took it back to the chef and came back out to let us know they were very sorry and took it off the bill. That should have been the end of the conversation. Instead, she went on to say she didn’t know how that happened because no one in the kitchen has short, black hair… ok.. well neither do I, nor does my bf… so what exactly was she trying to imply with that comment? The hair was obviously melted into the cheese and couldn’t have been from either of us. Left a really bad taste in my mouth. And the bill was $27 after the poutine was removed. For two beers and an order of wings? Wow… Incidentally, there was another couple that came in for lunch, was seated and left within 5 minutes. Also, not sure why this is called a brewery? No tanks anywhere, no tours, no information about it.. Not sure if this was an off day for Syndicate because people seem to love it so much, but we will not be back.
We did go to Taps later that evening for another drink but I will review that separately.

5 Thank LHO
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Walked in without reservation, place was packed. Had a beer at bar and within 10 minutes we were seated. The duck poutine was unbelievable. Wonderful dinner for $20, worth twice as much.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exceptional Value”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Other being sat in the chillier front section, I cannot say anything wrong about the place. Good value in the meal, great preparation and taste, speedy and attentive waitress (Sara). It is a quality restaurant that others should strive to emulate.