“Great Dinner for our Anniversary”

Syndicate Restaurant and Brewery
Ranked #40 of 578 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2012

It was all started when we had lunch at a local diner and the waitress there recommends this place for dinner and sure enough, we drove right by the restaurant and made our dinner reservation at 6:30p since the manager said they don't do a 7pm reservation.
I had a tomato soup for starter which was a little salty to my taste and my husband got a caprese salad which was okay, the tomato didn't look appealing at all. Then on to an entree of a steak which came out perfectly, medium-rare, beautiful looking-oh-so-tender! (it is an additional $6 by the way but I think it was reasonable) and my husband's fish dish, so flaky and juicy and delicious!
I ordered their chocolate pie which was okay and my husband got an apple crumb pie and it was good. We spent a total of one a a half hour from we sat down till we had to pay the bill. All in all, a great value and good food for being in a touristy part of the town. Had a great time!

1  Thank w0rldtr4veler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,050)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Beer was amazing, especially the pumpkin.
Food was incredible- from the mushroom soup to the apple crumb dessert and the lobster ravioli in between. Came out hot, perfect portions and chunks of lobster in the ravioli.
Would highly suggest this but make sure to make reservations.

1  Thank PibbleLvr9822
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have been in Niagara falls for a few weeks for work and thought we'd give it a shot. It was a nice surprise. They have a great menu with there courses that is only 20 dollars. The food was fresh, beer was reasonably priced (4.55 a pint!), staff was helpful and portions were good. The only complaint was that the bathrooms were upstairs on the otherwise of the building and the upstairs dining area was really cold. It seemed like there was a draft which is understandable (especially with the building's purpose) but they should be telling people its cooler upstairs or put in an electric fireplace or something to warm it up.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

After reading the TripAdvisor reviews we decided to make this our special Saturday night dinner at Niagara Falls. Called for reservations on Monday, no one answered the phone. Called again on Tuesday, could only get reservations for 8:30 which is far past our normal dining time, took them anyway.

Arrived about ten minutes early and got the last parking space. Entered the restaurant to find a mass of people milling around in the three-foot wide space between the bar and the wall. No host station. No employee interested in communicating with us. After fifteen minutes finally located the host who to his credit got us seated in another ten minutes. I went up the narrow stairs to the restroom to inject my insulin, it was filthy.

I was looking forward to trying the halibut, opening the menu found that it had been replaced with pickerel (???). My wife and I decided on the broccoli soup and braised beef, my daughter tried the caesar salad and pasta. The soup was cold and looked like it had been processed in a blender. The salad was OK except for the greasy bacon croutons. The meals arrived in a reasonable time. The braised beef was cold, greasy stew meat with too much pepper. The pasta was cold bowties with tomato chunks and peas.

After sitting there for an hour with no service in front of three meals with one bite out of each we put our $60 on the table and left, so I don’t know whether the desserts were worthwhile or not.

10  Thank Kling_Klang
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Syndicate Restaurant is a hip gastropub nestled quietly among a strip of fast-food joints at the end of Lundy's Lane. It is a bit off the beaten track and away from the downtown core (which is not a bad thing if you want a break from the neon glow of Clifton Hill). The Gastropub itself is within an old, restored Brewery with a large glass wall in the lower-level dining room so you can see the fermenting tanks. The menu was creative and the 20$ - 3 piece dinner menu provided a great selection and excellent value. The service was great - I forget the name of our waiter- but he was genuine and very pleasant. Not to be lost within the lively atmosphere and unique dishes is the beer selection. Syndicate serves beer from the Taps Brewing Co. in Niagara including Niagara's Best Blonde Ale and Taps Vanilla Wheat. I would highly recommend taking a break from the chain and big family restaurants to enjoy a fantastic dining experience at syndicate - just be sure to call ahead to reserve a spot.