“A Special place”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

It was Saturday afternoon and getting a bit bored and decided to head to our favorite weekend get away spot The Falls View Hilton Hotel and Suites in Niagara Falls. We got there about there at 4pm checked into our suite then went for a massage, came back to the room had a quick shower and a glass of wine. We looked through the restaurant guide and saw Ponte Vecchio fine Italian dining. If you have read any of my past reviews you would know that I am an Italian food junkie. I don’t give compliments lightly but I have to say my first impression as I walked in was “Yeah I like very much” beautiful decor, romantic, warm and inviting. I know that is a mouthful but will their food be as well? Our server Heather was so warm and courteous she set the mood for the rest of the experience and was attentive and put us at rest. We ordered beautiful Chianti and settled into reading the menu. It is not a huge menu but it covers all the bases. Beef, Lamb, Fish, Chicken, Pork, Shellfish.
My wife ordered that wild mushroom soup with truffles and a capraise salad. I had the scallops and the Rib steak (rear)…OMG this was frickin fantastic and cooked to perfection. The scallops were nicely seared on the outside and still buttery on the inside (I made quick work of them). Then came my steak…Still sizzling in the with a side of fresh cooked vegetables (not from frozen) and fingerling potatoes. Presentation was good; the food was fantastic and the cappuccino after dinner was delicious.
If you are out with your special someone be sure to stop in and dine you will not be disappointed.
Ciao for now. Lol…that is about all the Italian I know. Cheers.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Atmosphere very pleasurable, food exquisite. Wine menu wonderful and not over priced. Merci Beaucoup to all the wonderful servers. Thanks for warming my soup which was great! Mushroom with truffle delicsiouoso! Caprese salad with fresh mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes divine. Glad to see that you are dressing them properly now.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Nestled just inside the Fallsview Casino, this is truly a gem and Was a hidden jewel. The food is excellent( a little pricey but your in the Casino) and the ambiance is as well. Enjoy this spot

1  Thank mathew100
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The food, service and atmosphere here was amazing.

We had 7 in our party, and had started off with appetizers. 3 had the grilled calamari, 2 had the grilled octopus (my favourite), and some salads.

The main courses were all excellent. From the 18oz rib eye, to the beef tenderloin and the rack of lamb. Each dish was done to perfection, and seasoned perfectly. The sides they chose to accompany them, were wonderful as well.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great service, Steak was a little over cooked. Staff was a blast. We had a very nice prvate dining area.