“Fabulous”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We enjoyed an excellent dinner with great service at this restaurant.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We loved this restaurant! From the moment we arrived through our departure, the service was unsurpassed. And the food, the food was spectacular!
We started with the antipasto platter and shrimp - very nice. We then moved on to the lamb and halibut (skipping salads to ensure room for dessert!) - this is definitely the place to order lamb if you are looking for really great lamb! We then finished with a dark chocolate cake and a fig tart. The cake was enough to satisfy the wickedest of a sweet tooth, and beyond the figs themselves, there was nothing innocent about the fig tart! The shell was lined with chocolate and filled with a mascarpone that will turn anyone into a believer!
There is nothing we didn't love about Ponte Vecchio...but if we had to come up with one thing, it would be that you have to wander through the casino to find a washroom.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

As I noted our pleasure in an earlier review of Ponte Vecchio, since then we've enjoyed several dinners, and my wife and I decided to visit the restaurant again this past Saturday for a quiet anniversary dinner.

Seeing that it was going to be a very busy weekend in NF following both the Canada Day and July 4th holidays, I booked a booth for us the previous night, so as to be assured that we'd be able to be seated promptly the next evening, and get our favorite server, Lisa, who's friendly, patient, and efficient, yet so personable and helpful with suggestions for dinner that it makes our meals there even more enjoyable. As busy as she is, she always takes a minute or so to stop and chat with us while not overlooking her other customer's tables there.

On a previous visit I asked if I could order an item not shown on the menu, a seafood linguini, and if they could make it up with my selection of shellfish. That last time it was made perfectly, with tiger shrimp and clams, and my choice of an oil base rather then the tomato paste base.
I decided to vary it this time by ordering the shrimp again, and instead of the clams, asked if I could have scallops, as I didn't see them on the menu. No problem, and the chefs prepared everything perfectly, with those large grilled tiger shrimp, and huge scallops placed around the edge of the bowl. The appetizer for me was once again a bowl of their portobello mushroom soup, which I find wonderful. My wife ordered her favorite caesar salad topped with several of those massive grilled tiger shrimp and her favorite rigoletto cheese topping. That plate serves as her appetizer, main course and desert (no room for desert as it's a massive salad in itself), so other then the warm bread serving and the almond cookies with her coffee, that's what she enjoys each time we go to Ponte Vecchio.

So far, in several trips to the Ponte Vecchio since my earlier post, my wife and I have never been disappointed in the service, presentation, or fine tasting meals that we have ordered, whether from the menu, or put together from our requested choices. Service is efficient and never rushed, much to our liking.

Definately not an inexpensive meal, but well worth the cost for an enjoyable, finely prepared and presented, evening's dinner if you're at or near the Fallsview Casino.

Oh yes, Lisa graciously brought us a small plate of freshly cut strawberries with their almond cookies topped with a candle as an after dinner desert offering for our anniversary.

The restaurant opens at 5 PM and takes reservations from that time onward, and I'd advise either calling ahead or visiting the restaurant itself in advance if you're inside the casino area, to make a reservation, as it's often very busy and that would assure not having a long wait to be seated.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We enjoyed our meals when we were there in 2010 and 2011 and going back next week (July 16-23, 2012).
The meals, desserts, and champagne were fabulous. The service was excellent.
What a romantic ambiance and the material dividers are a great touch (giving you privacy).
The last time we went their we even had drinks at the bar afterwards and talked to a local Canadian and another friendly tourist. The Bar tender was accommodating as well.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

we were walking outside and saw a chef picking herbs from a garden. fresh herbs?? where do you work? as soon as he told us, we went in and made a reservation. Due to medical reasons, I have a strict diet. No problem, said the waitress, tell me what you like and we will make it. Her suggestion was risotto with fresh(!) peas and mushrooms. Absolute BEST risotto!! bread was warm, with fresh rosemary, so yummy! we got a table in the back with a curtain separating the table next to us, very private. Amazing service, amazing food, don't miss it!