We stayed at the Tower Hotel from Sept 7 to Sept 9 2011 and were pleasantly impressed with the hotel, its surrondings and it proximity to various attractions. Let me start of by saying that we are one of the easiest going world travelers that a hotel could ever interact with. We are non fussy and small things do not botehr us as we are on a holiday and we plan to make it as enjoyable as possible. Reading all teh reviews on the internet we were trying to decide between the Tower and another hotel in the smae vicinity. Well so let me start of with the
Good: 1. Awesome location.
2. Fantastic views from our room located on the 28th floor. You could see the Horeshoe falls sleeping in bed. Wow what a sight.
3. Pleasant and courteous staff. Always eager to assist and help.
Bad: 1. No readily avaiable sightseeing maps unless you ask for it.
2. The smallest washroom we have ever encountered. My wife and I are not big indivuduals (5'2" and 5' 7" respectively) and even we could not stand and have a decent shower without hitting our hands against the 4 walls of the shower. The was no overhead shower head and that certainly did not help matters.
3. Being a small hotel, ( We were told that this was formely known as the Minolta Tower, The camera maker, and they used this to develop films and after Minolta stopped their development line they converted or sold this hotel to make it the current Tower Hotel. Not sure if that is 100% correct), It did not have a fitmess centre or a swimming pool but again that was not something we were looking for anyways.
Overall though this is a lovely cosy and comfortable hotel with very helpful staff and that is what matters the most when you are on vacation - I guess. Would we stay at the hotel again? Most certainly YES.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Fallsview, our "boutique" hotel is 500 yards to the Falls and two blocks to Fallsview Casino and Scotiabank Convention Centre. Our guestrooms occupy the topmost floors of the tower with floor-to-ceiling windows providing unobstructed breath-taking views of the magnificent Falls or city. Overlooking the falls, our 26th floor Marilyn's Bistro & Lounge serves casual Mediterranean cuisine and our 25th floor Wedding Chapel awaits your special day. Perfect location, comfortable accommodations, great dining, professional staff - The Tower Hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Tower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Ramada
- Ramada Plaza Hotel Fallsview
- Fallsview Plaza Hotel