“Lovely hotel with the smallest washroom ever encountered”
Review of The Tower Hotel

The Tower Hotel
Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Vancouver, Canada
“Lovely hotel with the smallest washroom ever encountered”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed at the Tower Hotel from Sept 7 to Sept 9 2011 and were pleasantly impressed with the hotel, its surrondings and it proximity to various attractions. Let me start of by saying that we are one of the easiest going world travelers that a hotel could ever interact with. We are non fussy and small things do not botehr us as we are on a holiday and we plan to make it as enjoyable as possible. Reading all teh reviews on the internet we were trying to decide between the Tower and another hotel in the smae vicinity. Well so let me start of with the
Good: 1. Awesome location.
2. Fantastic views from our room located on the 28th floor. You could see the Horeshoe falls sleeping in bed. Wow what a sight.
3. Pleasant and courteous staff. Always eager to assist and help.
Bad: 1. No readily avaiable sightseeing maps unless you ask for it.
2. The smallest washroom we have ever encountered. My wife and I are not big indivuduals (5'2" and 5' 7" respectively) and even we could not stand and have a decent shower without hitting our hands against the 4 walls of the shower. The was no overhead shower head and that certainly did not help matters.
3. Being a small hotel, ( We were told that this was formely known as the Minolta Tower, The camera maker, and they used this to develop films and after Minolta stopped their development line they converted or sold this hotel to make it the current Tower Hotel. Not sure if that is 100% correct), It did not have a fitmess centre or a swimming pool but again that was not something we were looking for anyways.
Overall though this is a lovely cosy and comfortable hotel with very helpful staff and that is what matters the most when you are on vacation - I guess. Would we stay at the hotel again? Most certainly YES.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jpart

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Czech first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 5, 2011

charming atmosphere...romantic decor...perfect place to renew your vows or tie the knot...views are priceless...dining on site is spectacular...bellman and valets are exceptional...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This hotel was extremely disappointing. I booked a deluxe city view which was a renovated room. The room I was given was terrible. The bathroom looked as though it was from the 1950's (Room 2903) the view is of the Embassy Suites with about a 100 rooms able to look directly in to this one. In addition there is a cutout wall from the bathroom, so not only can they see in your room but if you don't have the curtains drawn (which defeats the partial view of the falls) people can see you using the bathroom and coming out of the shower. There was not closet rack or hangers in this room.There is no shelf in the shower to place soap or shampoo, so you either have to hold the soap at all times when showering or place it on the floor. I went to the front desk about 5 minutes later to see if they could find me a room that looked remotely like the ones they display on their website. The young lady showed me another room that still left much to be desired but did reflect what I saw online. It was only available for one night so I said I would take it for the one night and that I would search for other accommodations the second night of my booking because I refused to stay in my original room. She informed me that I would be charged for the room and the only way around that would be to call the manager so I told her to go ahead and call. Within 10 minutes I was called to the front desk and offered an free upgrade to the room I found acceptable and no charge for the second night. I waited for her to finish the call, which continued for the next 45 minutes with the manager by the name of Frank. She continued to repeat the situation to him over and over even thought a solution had already been offered. After the she finally got of the phone, she gave the same offer but then said she would charge me for the second night if they could not resell the room with the cutout wall facing 100 rooms of another hotel. I told her I refused to pay and would most certainly take it up with the online booking site that I used to make the reservation. After another 20 minutes of arguing, I took the keys to the room I agreed to stay in, left her on the phone with the manager and received an email about 20 minutes later advising that my second night had been refunded. It was absolutely ridiculous. Some of the rooms are nice and others are not, I would recommend inquiring ahead of time where you will be placed before spending $200 plus dollars on a room. Very very disappointing and extremely poor customer service.

Room Tip: Bringn your own hangers, iron, and clock
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank Shantilover
Alberta
Reviewed August 19, 2011

As this was a surprise for my husband I booked a room with a falls view. I had read the reviews in Tripadvisor and was a little iffy if this was a good place to book but I am soooo glad I did.
The view was fabulous, the room was plenty big enough for a romantic getaway, the two person jacuzzi was a nice surprise. The valet was extremely friendly and helpful and the ladies at the front desk were very pleasant and efficient.
I had booked a queen and they upgraded us to a king and I had also done the bed and breakfast deal where you could choose to have breakfast brought up or go down to the restaurant. The food was very good.

Room Tip: booking directly with the hotel was the same cost or less as the cheap deals websites.
2 Thank atrialla
North Babylon, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I don;t think you could have had a better view of the falls, both American and Horseshoe. We had a wall of windows with an unobstructed view and no other hotel facing us so privacy was not an issue. The room was tiny but we didnt spend a lot of time in it so was not an issue. Also an excellent spot to view the Friday nite fireworks. Didnt go to the restaurant but did have an excellent breakfast downstairs in the coffee shop. If you want an unsurpassed view of the falls. Well located within walking distance of falls, many restaurants and the casino. Would definitely recommend to a friend. We booked thru Travelocity so got a great room rate. Our experience was that the elevator was not an issue.

Room Tip: Falls view definitely.
1 Thank PaulC50
Bear, Delaware
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night this July. We booked the cityview queen which was nice (clean, big enough for us) but the jacuzzi tub didn't work. They apologized profusely and upgraded us to a fallsview king! It was amazing!! I almost cried when I opened the curtains. What a magical view. Dennis and the other staff were so helpful. They knew our name everytime we came through or called and when we mentioned we had to check out early, they remembered and we came down for breakfast at 8 am and found our car already waiting for us. This hotel has a small number of rooms, and therefore they give the absolute best service. I so enjoyed my night here and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Fallsview rooms are unbelievable!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mags9903
Albany, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My Husband and I went to the Tower Hotel for our honeymoon. upon arrival the staff was more than helpful and they only got better with our stay. When we arrived the valet told us about places to eat and things to do, he told us the places we shouldn't go and told us about great restaurants that only the locals know about. We ate at the Pinnacle the night we arrived, and the staff knew we were on our honeymoon (the front desk must have told them) the chef offered us complimentary ice wine, which was delicious, as was our dinner. On our second night another valet helped us to get a discount at the casino buffet which was next door. We also ate breakfast and lunch at the fuel cafe, and it was delicious. When it came to our room, the website did not do it justice, the view was amazing, and the room was beautiful and spacious. If you can get a fallsview room, waking up to niagara falls is amazing, and totally worth it.

Room Tip: If you are going for something special (honeymoon or anniversary) let them know.