“Good place to stay”

Travelodge Niagara Falls Bonaventure
Ranked #87 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Good hotel. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Clean room and beds. Excellent stay for the price! Would definitely stay again, and will recommend to others visiting the area. Only bad thing was no refrigerator in room (microwave in lobby for use).

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We got a good price of $42.00 a night. Its a cheaper hotel, but you get what you pay for.
Let's start with the bad: The help at the front desk has "0" personailty! The water in the hot tub was green and shut down. I don't think anyone has changed it in weeks. The indoor "heated" pool was pretty cold (not heated). And there's supposed to be a coffee maker in the rooms, but after asking twice we didn't get ours till about 10 mins before checking out.
Now the Good: The room was very clean, the air conditioner worked and was cold, and the shower had good hot water / good water pressure.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I dont even know where to start,as i arrived waiting in line to sign in for my room there was a lady talking to the manager that the health inspector just shut down the outside pool.I was thinking oh great,Then she goes on by saying the hot tub was also shut down and is all green.I had to sign in as i had no choice already paid for this place.I go up to my room and notice i requested two queen bed and i got a queen and pull out.I head back down stairs to see if i could swicth rooms and was rudly told no thats to bad for you.I explained what i paid for as i have a daughter and i dont want to sleep in the same bed as her she almost 13.The lady said thats not my promblem.The line up behide starting getting long so i left.When i came back 5 hours later i went up to her again and ask if there was any free rooms now with two queen beds as i order she started being rude and trying to make it seem that it was so hard to check,I told her stoping being so rude i dont desever this all i want is a room that my daughter and i can enjoy for the night,She sighted made noises and mumble something under her voice and said here you happy now.I said thank you and took the new key to a differant room with the two beds.I get to the room and dam i had to leave my shoes on it was so stained.The bed sheets smelled,the pillows were stained.I had a extra blanket and pillow in the car for when my daughter gets tired on our long drives she can cover up and sleep while i drive.This is what she use to sleep with in the room.I had to use one of my t shirts to put on top of the pillow so my head would not tounch it.The cable did not work only got 2 channels,the a/c was broken.My daughter wanted to go swimming so we decided to go to the indoor pool.We get there see the dirty and green hot tub but the pool looked very nice,I used the railing to enter the pool and slip because its broken and loose,omg i have stuck my hand in ice cubes warmer then this.She went swimming for 10 min and said my need to get a shower to warm up dad so we lefted.5 othere people put thier foot in and then said forget this way to cold.We then went back to the room to watch tv but could only get 2 channel so we try using the wifi which cut out every minunte so we just went to bed.The next morning we went to check out before eating there for our free breakfast we had a 2 hour trip and at leaste wanted a coffee and a muffin.I get to the counter and see the manager there and ask if we needed a coupon for the food he replied nope you have to paid,I went to show him on my cell where it said free and he said the ad is wrong and its not his problem,i said ok this is the last thing,iam not holding back after all the stuff that went wrong and no one gave a dam but us paying people.I said to him ever since i checked in i have had problems,as i went to tell him he said i just need my room number so i can check you out with a very i dont get a poor attiude.If my daughter was not there i would have loss it and asked how do you call yourself a manager and not care how run down this place is but,how can you act like this infront of your child after all we teach them to be nice and respectful.As soon as i was checked out he just walked away.

I know i know you get what you paid for but for $60 one night on a tue i expected more then this.I will never stay here and work at a big company which will have a nice letter posted telling every one how this place need to be shut down.I did not think hotels this bad is still running in canada

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ian w
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews in the past couple of months. Yes, the hotel is a little run down but what would you expect for a hotel that is so cheap?!?! Yes, the lobby is quite dated but the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The rooms weren't too bad. Again, outdated but the beds and room were clean. All that can be expected for a hotel at ~$100.

If you want a hotel that is modern and brightly lit, try looking for a $200+ hotel room!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends